• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anybody on GAF a heroin user?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So he and his cousin cooked up some crack and then had sex?

Am I interpreting this wrong? WTF

Haha no, he used to deal it way back in the day, "candle light dinner" was cooking it in a spoon over a candle. Was not crack.

Also, some people make monkey water with it, spray it up their nose but I never tried it like that. Once was enough, I am a square now don't even know where I could score, it's like a different life then.

olive

Neo Member
I'm curious about users of this drug. I'm around people who use it often but it's hard to tell who is on it. Not the kind of thing you ask questions about either. Is anybody on gaf a 'junkie' or an exjunkie? Can we talk about it? Why you started, what it felt like, etc?

I'm a regular heroin user. I keep it secret from my family, but I hangout with "junkies" every day and the easiest way to tell if someone is on dope is to look at their pupils. They will be pinned.

I started using opiates for my back pain. I would buy painkillers off some cancer patients I knew. I abused Oxycontin, Fentanyl, and Dilaudid. Eventually when I couldn't get any more pills I moved to heroin. I sometimes shoot up, but normally I just snort it.

for a while i was regularly abusing pretty much any opioid I could get my hands on but lately heroin has been creeping in with force in the (suburban middle class) area where I live. and so i stopped taking painkillers slowly with the help of my father. I've got a super addictive personality when it comes to drugs and I knew that if I ever tried heroin it would ruin my life, like it had recently with several of my friends, and nearly with my older brother. these days I just smoke weed. I've had my fill of most everything else but with as much as I loooove the opiate high I just know I can't touch shit like heroin or morphine, I just can't.

Exr

I'm actually more interested in knowing if there are 'functional' heroin users.

Like, have a 9 to 5 job and shoot up occasionally and have done for years.
You always hear the 'I sold my kid for smack' stories, but I wonder if those are the bottom of the barrel. same with crystal meth, apparently you'll kill babies if you smoke it, but I smoked it like 10 times 10 years back, didn't think much of it, wasn't impressed with the buzz and just carried on with my life.
I havent done heroin myself but you can be a functional user holding down a successful job. Erowid has some first hand accounts of functional users.

My step son is addicted to it for the last 4 years, stole over 15k worth in jewelry and items in the home alone. When his mother and I got together he was already convicted felon at 19 and was put on probation for 5 years. He swore up and down that he was clean after having sat in jail for over 3 months. Convinced his mother to let him come home after jail to complete probation, I knew better, but hey, it's not my flesh and blood, so she let him in anyways. 4 days after being released he was on smack again. He stole another $500 or so worth in items around the house. His mother finally listened to me and threw him out. Lucky for him, the winter of '11 wasn't to bad here in Jersey, and he "enjoyed" mild weather into the 70's for a stretch in December.

We got him into a rehab, where he stayed all of 1 week, and got kicked out for stealing. We convinced the rehab to take him back, and he gets kicked out again for bragging about his drug use. We sent him to his good for nothing father, where he stays for 2 weeks and steals from him, and goes missing for hours at a time. Gets kicked out there, and convinces his mother to take him back, We nearly split up, because I know his game, more of the same shit happens, gets kicked out again, we take him to a homeless shelter where he stays for about a month. Gets kicked out again.

Did I mention that he was on Probation?

Yeah the state of NJ lets this man get away with so much shit that my beard goes from a dark black to white in some patches. I'm convinced it's because he's white.

Finally he's placed in drug court where he fails to provide piss samples, he's kicked out, again, from a 3/4 way house for violating house rules, his punishment? 3 months in jail until they can find him a treatment facility where he has now completed it and not sits in a 1/2 house.

His mother has since invited him over for thanksgiving dinner, despite me despising what he has done.

Fuck heroin, and fuck him.

/rant
keep your eye on the turkey

WedgeX

Banned
If anyone here is currently using heroin, please get help. I watch my clients succumb to their use and it is a terrible thing to watch them spiral down. Continually drawn back despite any and all help I can offer.

Get yourself into day program groups. Into NA supports. Into long term rehab programs far away from fellow users. Any thing. Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom