• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AP: Rio's waters for Olympic Games contain "dangerously high levels of human feces"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hall of Fame

Well, shit...
I think I'll pass.
Any log races?
Should make for a really shitty Olympics.
So these will literally be the shittiest Olympic games of all time?
If I were an Olympian swimmer, I would be shitting my pants right now.
get your shit together brazil.
What a crappy situation

Tom Nook

zRDt96N.png

tlstls

Banned
Makes you wonder how they got selected
Man I really really wonder
thinking.gif
thinking.gif
thinking.gif
thinking.gif
thinking.gif

First there was a internal competition, São Paulo x Rio, they got rid of São Paulo because our Governor is from an opposition party... now you see corruption everywhere.

And yes, Rio must have paid to get chosen, it's a shit city after all.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

The best part is that you'd have to be swimming to see those signs. I love it.

If the competitors survived Beijing's horrible air, they can surely hold their breath a little when swimming in the sewage.

The water in Beijing was horrible, too. Credit where it's due.
They needed tens of thousands of "volunteers" to make it slightly less nightmarish.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
That reminds me of the prelude to the Beijing Olympics, and the photos of their canals in full algae bloom with swimmers coming to the surface with bunches of algae on their heads.

*Ahem*
Mi mi mi mi miiiiiiiii
I am the Great Mighty Poo
and I'm going to throw my shit at you!
A huge supply of tish
come from my chocolate starfish.
How about some scat you little twat?

He might be around!

Anyway, really nasty, I can't imagine it getting any better before the games start next year :/

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
This isn't surprising at all coming from someone born and raised in Ipanema.
Yep, the old and typical local inferiority nonsense. Whoever thinks Ipanema/Rio is a shithole needs a reality check about the rest of the world.

gimmmick

Keep awarding third world countries to host the olympic and world cup tournaments... hey at least the scenery will be nice to look right?

mantidor

Yep, the old and typical local inferiority nonsense. Whoever thinks Ipanema/Rio is a shithole needs a reality check about the rest of the world.

Honestly Rio is tough, absolutely, but the "vira lata" inferiority complex as they say is really, really strong.

Nasty. And aside from virus and bacteria, there are likely chemicals from all sorts of nice garbage decomposing in there. And dont forget the plastic

Zing

Banned
However, Dr. Richard Budgett, the medical director for the International Olympic Committee, said after seeing the AP findings that the IOC and Brazilian authorities should stick to their program of testing only for bacteria to determine whether the water is safe for athletes.
What the hell? The water is found to have a million or more times the accepted safe level of viruses, and their response is, "only test for bacteria"? As if not testing for viruses somehow makes them not cause infection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom