• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Watch |OT| Apple invents the watch!

sport is now starting at $299

Lots of new bands and colors

CeF1UU2W8AArLT5.jpg

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I still don't have a sports band! From what I've seen the new bands are quite nice, that blue classic buckle is fresh, I already have it in the saddle leather though. I just need a waterproof band so I may get a Nylon one over a sports band. The more I see the sportsband in person the less I like it.

Ninja Dom

There isn't anything particularly new in watchOS 2.2 is there? Just the ability to pair your iPhone with more than one Watch at a time.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I'll have to see those in person since they're variegated.. its kinda hard to tell what they look like in a photo.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like lots of watch apps are now broken. lol.
I wonder if anyone will even notice to fix them.

jts

...hate me...
With the watch heading on for its second year on the market, the greatest new feature Apple could announce for it now would be a... price drop.
Called it!

The new yellow sports band is siiiiiick.

Still gonna wait out.

I have a black Sport and I'm looking to get some new bands, I was wondering if anyone has suggestions. I definitely want a more formal band. I'm planning on getting the leather loop, but does the black milanese band look OK with the Sport? I tried the watch on with some different bands when I got it and some of the nicer bands sort of clashed with the matte black on the Sport. Sort of wish I'd just gotten the regular Watch but I couldn't bring myself to pay nearly double for aesthetics.

I'd like to get another band or two just to have options as well, I think I'll get one of the nylon ones but I was wondering if there's any cool third-party options I should check out. I know there's inexpensive knock-offs of the various official bands but are there any cool unique bands out there?

aparisi2274

I have a black Sport and I'm looking to get some new bands, I was wondering if anyone has suggestions. I definitely want a more formal band. I'm planning on getting the leather loop, but does the black milanese band look OK with the Sport? I tried the watch on with some different bands when I got it and some of the nicer bands sort of clashed with the matte black on the Sport. Sort of wish I'd just gotten the regular Watch but I couldn't bring myself to pay nearly double for aesthetics.

I'd like to get another band or two just to have options as well, I think I'll get one of the nylon ones but I was wondering if there's any cool third-party options I should check out. I know there's inexpensive knock-offs of the various official bands but are there any cool unique bands out there?

I own this band. its very nice, looks super formal, looks great with the Aluminum sport and is a fraction of the leather band from Apple

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WWGAJK6/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Gobbly

Banned
I got a notification that there was an update for the watch last night, couldn't run it until the watch had 50% power and was plugged in - so upon getting home in the late evening I put the watch on charge and began the software update, then went to bed.

This morning the alarm didn't go off and I was late for work, what kind of shitty design is that? Don't recall iPhone updates doing the same thing.

Speaking of apps, I haven't added a new one to my watch in a while. Have there been any genuinely useful or interesting apps added in the past few months?

riotous

Banned
Still only using mine for getting alerts and checking my calendar; still love it.

I really don't think I'll ever upgrade my watch unless it starts to break or something.

number11

I'm tempted to pick up a nylon strap.i didn't expect it to be the same price as a sports band.

I agree with most people who say the Apple Watch is 'useless', but I still don't see myself going back to a regular watch

number11

I got a notification that there was an update for the watch last night, couldn't run it until the watch had 50% power and was plugged in - so upon getting home in the late evening I put the watch on charge and began the software update, then went to bed.

This morning the alarm didn't go off and I was late for work, what kind of shitty design is that? Don't recall iPhone updates doing the same thing.

iPhone updates definitely turn off alarms because the exact same thing happened to me.

cjp

Is there really no way of viewing recent Apple Pay transactions made via the Watch like there is with the iPhone?

.hacked

Got my meh order this afternoon, watch looks brand new. Few weeks ago I cracked corner of my screen while fixing my wife's car. Took to Apple a they wanted $250 to fix it, least this way I can sell my old one one eBay and make up some of the $ on the replacement.

SuperPac

Got my meh order this afternoon, watch looks brand new. Few weeks ago I cracked corner of my screen while fixing my wife's car. Took to Apple a they wanted $250 to fix it, least this way I can sell my old one one eBay and make up some of the $ on the replacement.

They just changed the price of out of warranty repairs to $199 today, btw.

It's really lame you can't see different straps with different faces on Apple.com. Unless I'm missing the option? I'd like to a nylon strap or two but I have a black Sport and I'm worried only the black one will look right.

Hey I got the same ones. I have the black sport band, stainless Milanese
Loop, and now these. I don't think I need both of the nylon bands. Thinking of keeping gold/blue. Which do you like better?

I like them both equally but I think I'll end up wearing the Pearl one more. Gold/Blue seems great for summer though.

JDeluis

I'm so tempted to pickup a 42mm sport with the nylon band for $300 at Best Buy.

How does the MLB app work on the watch? Does it show play by play or just scores after each inning. Can it play MLB audio through the watch?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Ha, I didn't know this thread existed. That's what I get for never visiting the community forum...

Purchased a royal blue woven nylon band yesterday, and it's awesome. It really looks great, and is much more elegant and less futuristic than the sport band. As expected, the craftsmanship is way beyond your typical NATO band. It has really neat sheen in the sunlight. It's also super-comfortable, which I was expecting after trying Apple's other bands. I'll try and post some photos later (if I manage to get my camera back from a friend I borrowed it to)

aparisi2274

How does the MLB app work on the watch? Does it show play by play or just scores after each inning. Can it play MLB audio through the watch?

It mimics how you have the app set up on your iPhone, so I just have mine set to give me the final score, and it looks like this on the watch

25477512353_a03d1a8504.jpg

MLB app makes the Apple Watch my go to watch. It's amazing.

Shearie

I picked up a black nylon (although it's really mostly gray) band the other day for my space gray watch and I love it. It's nice to finally have another style band to go along with my black sport band.

Top Bottom