• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April 2015 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes May 12th

RexNovis

Banned
You also need to clam down, you are using old deals as an excuse for the ACU doing better than the Halo Bundle, which doesn't make sense. Look at Amazon March.

Also I'm not insisting anything and I'm not entirely sure you know what I'm actually talking about, I am saying that it's strange that the ACU bundle, a broken 5 month old game bundle, is not only doing better than Halo, but has also done better, and is currently close to the NEWER The Last of US Bundle. (Also I never seen you reply to me before so i think you may have me confused or something)

It can't only be just deals, and in my area I can't even find a ACU on the ground if I wanted to so maybe there's a bug or something?

Anyway I hope MS gets fixed games in bundles next time.

Nope it was definitely you bringing up this same exact question before and being answered multiple times by multiple people

But why is it(5 months old) doing better this month than a newer Playstation Bundle (last of us) with more games in the top 40? What's increasing demand for a game who's sequel is about to be announced?

Does anyone know why the Assassin's Creed Xbox One is doing so good this month? Wasn't that a discontinued thing? The PS4 bundle with the last of us is a new thing and also is sold from Amazon.

Ok, I just find it weird why people would still want to buy a broken game that hasn't really improved that much in 5 months. But it's probably to early like you said so i think Humanity may not be as insane as I thought it was lol.

I'm talking about The Last Of Us, which doesn't have stock issues, AC Xbox is 5 months old, Halo Xbox one is one month old, so I'm trying to figure out what's making people buy AC.

I am on the AC page and I don't see any option for NBA. I don't see many reviews for Controller or live either, but those have been there for awhile though so it's still a bit confusing.

I'm using Hourly and Monthly for May.

Now to be fair i also said monthly in that post you cut off lol.

They were different earlier so I guess it updated. But like I said, I just found it to hard to believe people would still be buying that 5 month old broken game that still isn't fixed 5 months later.

Not to mention the other absurd lines of questioning you've out forward in other Sales threads.

So I looked at this thread and I noticed that the Wii U is not mentioned at all.

Surely that's near 1 million now.

Strange, well the system will get a good boost this month. I'd say 1 million is possible by the end of the year.

So the Xbox hasn't passed the Wii LTD yet looking at your graph? Then that would mean it did over 1 million by now if only the PS4 beat the Wii U's LTD

You said the PS4 beat the Wii U LTD at launch, but not the Xbox One, so that means the WIi U is ahead of the Xbox One, so the Wii u should be aver 1 million by now?

So please tell me again how I'm not understanding what you're trying to say and we've never answered this exact same question before. That worked so well the last 3 times.

ZhugeEX

Banned
The Amazon talk needs to be put to rest. Even using monthly charts isn't satisfactory as there are a lot of deals unique to Amazon and the retailer only encompasses ~5% of the US sales.
Anyway guy on the last page said Amazon is 5% of the market so it's not worth talking about going off that, I though it was much more being the biggest online retailer but I guess that doesn't mean as much as I thought.

2013 video game retailer share-

AMZN_zpswm0ewak2.jpg

Number of game software units sold at retail: 159.8m
Amount of revenue generated by game software sales at retail $6.32b

Includes physical console/PC market.

Absurd lines of questioning =/= I had no idea what the sales numbers are and that is why I asked what the sales numbers are.

Also I brought up the exact same question because it wasn't answered, because what was told to me was something that had already happened before and could not possibly logically be the reason so again back up a bit.

Anyway guy on the last page said Amazon is 5% of the market so it's not worth talking about going off that, I though it was much more being the biggest online retailer but I guess that doesn't mean as much as I though. Odd thought AC does so well there.

Well at least I got a general idea to my questions so thanks everyone.

Dang, Toys R US barely sells games do they? That's surprising. Learn new things everyday. Thought they were bigger. Probably more so then Sears before they dropped out anyway.

I hope the Juniors don't plague the prediction threads for May and onwards with their f*cking Amazon conspiracy's again. We have gone through this twice now dammit.

The Bish makes a statement. This is not a threat, nor a promise. It is purely a statement of what will be.

True, hope is are only friend. BTW Abdiel did your stores actually reached the Cap on Arkham Limited PS4 Bundle, do you know if the cap will be raised in the coming weeks?

Abdiel

True, hope is are only friend. BTW Abdiel did your stores actually reached the Cap on Arkham Limited PS4 Bundle, do you know if the cap will be raised in the coming weeks?

No, we definitely hit the cap for the limited edition bundle. So did the rest of the stores in our district. Like I said, the limited edition ones sold out very quickly, though I checked and I guess its still possible to preorder through our website for in store pickup, so I assume they'd be shipping those orders to store, beyond initial inventory?

(Honestly, our preorder stock system is flabbergasting at the best of times... But there was definitely an immediate response for that LE bundle).

ZhugeEX

Banned
No, we definitely hit the cap for the limited edition bundle. So did the rest of the stores in our district. Like I said, the limited edition ones sold out very quickly, though I checked and I guess its still possible to preorder through our website for in store pickup, so I assume they'd be shipping those orders to store, beyond initial inventory?

(Honestly, our preorder stock system is flabbergasting at the best of times... But there was definitely an immediate response for that LE bundle).

Is it a low cap or high cap?

Do you see a significant boost in sell through come June?

Abdiel

Is it a low cap or high cap?

Do you see a significant boost in sell through come June?

It's a decent size, more than 100 per store is the most I'll say for specific numbers.

If they're all picked up as per the orders made, and that's a similar trend across other vendors, that could be a significant boon for the month.

ZhugeEX

Banned
It's a decent size, more than 100 per store is the most I'll say for specific numbers.

If they're all picked up as per the orders made, and that's a similar trend across other vendors, that could be a significant boon for the month.

Thank you for taking the time to answer. :)

Abdiel

Thank you for taking the time to answer. :)

Of course. I very much enjoy the sales threads and the speculation that goes on by you and the others with a knack for analysis. Being able to provide some info to help build more accurate speculation is my pleasure.

Fat4all

Banned
With the PS4 and Xbox One there's a good chance that both do either a little better or a little worse than last April.

It's hard to say how many consoles MKX pushed for sure, but it felt like a big enough title to get more people on the current gen.

I wouldn't be surprised if MKX sold a bit better on the Xbox One as they have Killer Instinct as well, but there's a good chance the weight of Sony's lead will nullify that.

EDIT: People who buy a PS4 for MKX might also be anticipating Street Fighter 5, so who knows.

RexNovis

Banned
With the PS4 and Xbox One there's a good chance that both do either a little better or a little worse than last April.

It's hard to say how many consoles MKX pushed for sure, but it felt like a big enough title to get more people on the current gen.

I wouldn't be surprised if MKX sold a bit better on the Xbox One as they have Killer Instinct as well, but there's a good chance the weight of Sony's lead will nullify that.

EDIT: People who buy a PS4 for MKX might also be anticipating Street Fighter 5, so who knows.

MKX doesn't strike me as a heavy system seller. I have no doubt it sold boatloads software wise but I'm not sure it would push hardware without a bundle of some sort. I think PS4 and XB1 will be down by the usual 35-45% per week from last month. PS4 might be down a bit more due to anticipation for the Batmam bundle but that's far more likely to happen for May NPD than April. I think May's NPD will be particularly tricky to predict thanks to the influence of the impending limited edition bundle. I also wonder if XB1 ACU bundle stock will finally run dry this month.

Javin98

Banned
no idea, i should have went to the store just to check but they basically randomize a code and email it to you for online/in store 4 days a week (at least for me) of various sales
I reckon it did quite well if there was enough stock for it. It would have been interesting to see how well it did to give us an idea on how well an official price cut to $299 would do.

Thanks for your insight again, Abdiel. Funny how Microsoft Chad was saying that demand for the limited bundle doesn't mean anything.

Chobel

Last gen, even when 360 was kicking PS3's ass, MK sold better in PS3. So I expect PS4 version to sell more than XB1, and probably with a significant lead judging by UK sales.

Abdiel

I reckon it did quite well if there was enough stock for it. It would have been interesting to see how well it did to give us an idea on how well an official price cut to $299 would do.

Thanks for your insight again, Abdiel. Funny how Microsoft Chad was saying that demand for the limited bundle doesn't mean anything.

Several of the people I personally saw preordering it were existing PS4 owners that were going to trade in their original models towards the Arkham Bundle, but it wasn't a big majority. Regardless, what I was seeing might not carry over to any other retailers. I'll have to check at my local gamestop and inquire, innocently of course.

Javin98

Banned
Several of the people I personally saw preordering it were existing PS4 owners that were going to trade in their original models towards the Arkham Bundle, but it wasn't a big majority. Regardless, what I was seeing might not carry over to any other retailers. I'll have to check at my local gamestop and inquire, innocently of course.
Yeah, I know some people want to trade in their PS4's to get a limited edition PS4, but I'm willing to bet most of them don't own a PS4. Regardless, it shows that there is great demand for the limited edition bundle. Can't wait for your info from Gamestop. Thanks for helping out, man.

RexNovis

Banned
Yeah, I know some people want to trade in their PS4's to get a limited edition PS4, but I'm willing to bet most of them don't own a PS4. Regardless, it shows that there is great demand for the limited edition bundle. Can't wait for your info from Gamestop. Thanks for helping out, man.

Abdiel is BestBuy. TheShogun is the GameStop insider. I heard he was banned for some reason though.

As always Abdiel thanks for the sales insight. It really helps to provide a basis for predictions and establish general sales trends.

Abdiel

Abdiel is BestBuy. TheShogun is the GameStop insider. I heard he was banned for some reason though.

As always Abdiel thanks for the sales insight. It really helps to provide a basis for predictions and establish general sales trends.

Lol, I think he was referring to my comment about stopping into the local gamestop to make an innocent inquiry about their trends.

Javin98

Banned

Yeah, I know, but Abdiel said he was gonna check the sales out at Gamestop.

RexNovis

Banned
Lol, I think he was referring to my comment about stopping into the local gamestop to make an innocent inquiry about their trends.

Yeah, I know, but Abdiel said he was gonna check the sales out at Gamestop.

Hah! Sorry missed that part. (≧∇≦)

Abdiel did you see MKX having any significant saLes push for console hardware in April? Were many of the people buying the consoles picking up MKX along with them? I know MKX sold incredibly well but I'm skeptical of its ability to sell hardware and thus potentially buck normal downward trends for weekly sales from the previous month.

Of course. I very much enjoy the sales threads and the speculation that goes on by you and the others with a knack for analysis. Being able to provide some info to help build more accurate speculation is my pleasure.

Even still, I want to thank you for what you add to the Sales Gaf community^^

I am guessing MKX does great, but systems still do not so well for the month; the most hardcore of fighting fans already are on board for this gen, given their vested nature into perfected controls and performance. But that being said, I am guessing a strong PS4 bias on sales for MKX thanks to the marketing being PS4 and the general lead they have in install base (as small as it may be, relatively speaking^^).

Thank you as always Abdiel, in you we trust <3

LOCK

[3DS] 180K
[PS4] 232K
[WIU] 58K
[XB1] 160K

This thread was funny to read. I think I should get more involved in predictions and discussions again.

Conduit

Banned

Well, PS4 has Guilty Gear, you know
I think that MKX sold better on PS4, especially when you look in UK and Italy ( they really love the Special Edition and Collector's Edition ).

Asd202

Well, PS4 has Guilty Gear, you know
I think that MKX sold better on PS4, especially when you look in UK and Italy ( they really love the Special Edition and Collector's Edition ).

And more importantly Street Fighter V. Most fighting games fans probably already know it's a console exclusive. So I would assume most go for PS4.

ZhugeEX

Banned
So I guess we get no April Retail Release summary from Aqua this month?

I guess we can always use the Amazon hourly charts to create our own summary......

Guess she really is gone... I miss Aqua.

Yeh me too... :(

Of course. I very much enjoy the sales threads and the speculation that goes on by you and the others with a knack for analysis.

Well it's thanks to you that we can have speculation in this thread :) Really enjoy reading your posts!

On Demand

Banned
Why did bgamer get banned? Surprised me because he never gets banned. At least from what i noticed.

I saw also the showgun is banned. Anyone know if it's permanently? Looks like only Abdiel is left for retailer info. All the others are gone. Except for cornbread maby?

ZhugeEX

Banned
Next Generation installed base in North America and Europe
Data provided via NPD Group & GfK Chart-Track

Code:
Q2 2014 - 11m
Q3 2014 - 15m
Q4 2014 - 24m (Worldwide install base estimated ~29m)
Q1 2015 - 26m

Numbers are rounded.
Sony PlayStation 4 and Microsoft Xbox One are included.

North America includes - USA, Canada etc...
Europe includes - Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, The Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden and the UK

Next Generation installed base in North America and Europe
Data provided via NPD Group & GfK Chart-Track

Code:
Q2 2014 - 11m
Q3 2014 - 15m
Q4 2014 - 24m (Worldwide install base estimated ~29m)
Q1 2015 - 26m

Numbers are rounded.
Sony PlayStation 4 and Microsoft Xbox One are included.

North America includes - USA, Canada etc...
Europe includes - Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, The Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden and the UK

where's all this from?

TomShoe

Banned
Why did bgamer get banned? Surprised me because he never gets banned. At least from what i noticed.

I saw also the showgun is banned. Anyone know if it's permanently? Looks like only Abdiel is left for retailer info. All the others are gone. Except for cornbread maby?

Why did that happen? Strange, he was at least tolerable unlike others.

Stealth port begging & insulting Nintendo fans, more likely than not.

I love the game but rude stuff like this seems to only come from really big Nintendo fans. "Nintendo's way is the best way!"

I really don't see why it's so hard for some to realize that people would prefer playing a game of this nature on a controller that's more similar to Xbox/Playstation. It's a multiplayer shooter. I mean, Nintendo did push the pro controller alongside Call of Duty. Why is it wrong for some to wish that they could use it for Splatoon?

The thing though is that any Xbox and/or Playstation player would understand someone wanting to use the Pro controller for this game as the layout of the Pro controller has been viewed as "ideal" for games of this nature for more than a decade. Voice chat has also been viewed as standard for games of Splatoon's nature too for the same amount of time.

The snark and huge stretches in reply to people who want these basic features is defending a lack of options. All big fans do this but we are talking about options that have standard/ideal for many people for over a decade; I'm sorry but I only see this type of (outdated) defending when it comes to Nintendo games/consoles.

As I said before, I enjoy Splatoon a lot but some of these arguments against people who simply want (100% reasonable) options are mind-blowing to me.

I think these 2 posts did him in.

Personally, I share many of his sentiments. The game is inherently fun to play, but the surprising absence of key features that I'm used to (voice chat, parties, etc.) as well as having to use awkward gyro controls kind of puts me off. Sometimes I feel that these things do get a pass because it's Nintendo and it's framed as being different, but I figure Nintendo is just trying to put their own spin on things and make a shooter that's more casual friendly than your average Call of Duty (less insulting little kids, less pub-stomping 4-man teams). I like it, but not enough to drop 60 bones for it.

But that's just my opinion. Sorry for the thread de-rail.

Chobel

Stealth port begging & insulting Nintendo fans, more likely than not.

I think these 2 posts did him in.

Personally, I share many of his sentiments. The game is inherently fun to play, but the surprising absence of key features that I'm used to (voice chat, parties, etc.) as well as having to use awkward gyro controls kind of puts me off. Sometimes I feel that these things do get a pass because it's Nintendo and it's framed as being different, but I figure Nintendo is just trying to put their own spin on things and make a shooter that's more casual friendly than your average Call of Duty (less insulting little kids, less pub-stomping 4-man teams). I like it, but not enough to drop 60 bones for it.

But that's just my opinion. Sorry for the thread de-rail.

No, it wasn't about that. He was banned because he unintentionally posted a pic that contains someone's personal address, he didn't notice that the pic had an address.

He found out later about the address and when he tried to edit his comment, it was too late.

No, it wasn't about that. He was banned because he unintentionally posted a pic that contains someone's personal address, he didn't notice that the pic had an address.

He found out later about the address and when he tried to edit his comment, it was too late.

That really sucks... that sounds like a temp ban only situation, so he should be back for E3, right?

Top Bottom