• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer - S5 |OT| of Phrasing, Gurpgork, Boop! & the Danger Zone - Mondays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

NastyBook

Man, this was Cyril's episode. "And a Pam who......TITS."
That scene at the end made me think him and Krieger are gonna wear her ass out as the season progresses.

Blackhead

Redarse
Man, this was Cyril's episode. "And a Pam who......TITS."
That scene at the end made me think him and Krieger are gonna wear her ass out as the season progresses.

Has krieger been with anyone in the group? I think everybody has been with everybody else except krieger?

BigAT

Has krieger been with anyone in the group? I think everybody has been with everybody else except krieger?

What's your definition of "been with"?

tumblr_lj75lc4Fua1qiqetuo1_400.jpg

Shaneus

Yeah, I was gonna try to get a cap from either "Toys R Me" or "Nice Try, IHOP," but he made it too damn easy on the Eric Andre Show.
It's one of the few clips I've seen, courtesy of that thread. I'm making a concerted effort to go through all of them though :)

I saw this tidbit buried in a press release about The Americans:
As part of the deal, Prime customers will also have access to additional programming, including popular comedies How I Met Your Mother, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, The League, Louie and Archer. Beginning next month, all five shows will be available for streaming via Prime Instant Video.
I wonder what that means for Netflix access to Archer.

ampere

Remember when Krieger was giving Cheryl acid so she'd have sex with him?

lol.

UeMGngf.gif

I love this one, particularly because it's her goddamn house!

I saw this tidbit buried in a press release about The Americans:I wonder what that means for Netflix access to Archer.

Hm, I don't know. Are shows typically exclusive to one streaming service? I've just been buying the seasons on Amazon digitally.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
They're close to ruining Pam's character for me. They need to reign her way the fuck back.

But other than that I thought it was a pretty fun episode. I'm excited to see how it goes with Country Music Superstar Cheryl.

I saw this tidbit buried in a press release about The Americans:

I wonder what that means for Netflix access to Archer.

They have the exclusive rights to The Americans and the non exclusive rights to the other shows. Netflix will still carry How I Met Your Mother, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, The League, Louie and Archer - it's just that now Amazon will too.

Mindlog

What the shit is this? No new episode for three goddamn weeks? Why?

Who cares? It's literally the Winter Olympics of the Olympics.

someday

Banned
Considering the Walking Dead is still pulling in record numbers with the Olympics on, I think Archer really didn't need to pull episodes for the duration. It's 30 minutes ffs. And after that great last episode I hate that it's gone already.

Meier

Oops, Lana spoiler in the first pic! I wish FX would be better about getting the previous season up on Netflix in advance. I am never, ever going to be caught up with this show, hah.

Oops, Lana spoiler in the first pic! I wish FX would be better about getting the previous season up on Netflix in advance. I am never, ever going to be caught up with this show, hah.

Whenever I'm behind on a show like that, I DVR the newest season and keep it until I can catch up through Netflix or Hulu. Then I can watch the DVR stuff between seasons.

OmegaFax

What's your definition of "been with"?

tumblr_lj75lc4Fua1qiqetuo1_400.jpg

Remember when Krieger was giving Cheryl acid so she'd have sex with him?

lol.

UeMGngf.gif

I love this one, particularly because it's her goddamn house!

Hm, I don't know. Are shows typically exclusive to one streaming service? I've just been buying the seasons on Amazon digitally.

It's really weird going back looking at Season 1 Carol/Cheryl and comparing it to Season 5.

I think out of all the characters, her and Krieger saw the most redesign over the years and it's for the better. FX either got more money for the show or they were just allowed to add more poses and animation to the existing art assets. Krieger doesn't look nearly as ominous as he did in S1 ... and Carol/Cheryl looks a bit more crazy and less generic than her S1/S2 face.

They have the exclusive rights to The Americans and the non exclusive rights to the other shows. Netflix will still carry How I Met Your Mother, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, The League, Louie and Archer - it's just that now Amazon will too.
Good to know, thanks.
What the shit is this? No new episode for three goddamn weeks? Why?

Who cares? It's literally the Winter Olympics of the Olympics.
It seems like FX made the decision late. They only put out a press release last Friday announcing the hiatus, and they also had earlier announced some Archer tie-in material
(an album with Cherlene's songs)
and they just switched the date on that to correspond to the correct episode, as well.

ampere

- Promo for next episode (airs Feb 24, please spoiler tag any discussion)

Funny to mention spoilers since the first episode of this season "spoiled" the whole season's plot with Archer's imagination sequence :p. Not sure why they did that tbh, it does detract a bit from the excitement of "what on earth will these crazy people do next?".

I know what you mean though.

I probably won't watch the promo since I like to have as many surprises as possible.

big ander

oh my god how can anyone still be whining about that especially after seeing the last couple episodes and realizing what should have been obvious from the beginning: 1) all it did was tease 2) you can't really spoil such a dense comedy and they barely gave away any jokes

ampere

oh my god how can anyone still be whining about that especially after seeing the last couple episodes and realizing what should have been obvious from the beginning: 1) all it did was tease 2) you can't really spoil such a dense comedy and they barely gave away any jokes

You're definitely right and the season has still been great, just found it an odd decision.

ampere

Was watching an old episode (Stage Two) and this scene still kills me

And how Archer calls him wee baby Seamus rofl

And how the doctor calls THREE TIMES after his surgery. Possibly my favorite episode

BigAT

And how the doctor calls THREE TIMES after his surgery. Possibly my favorite episode

I refer to my cousin's baby as nothing but "the wee baby Connor" as a result of this episode.

Red

One of the best. A good example of the irreverent, spit-fire interjections the series has moved away from.

Since I don't seem to be able to post in an Archer thread without some criticism, I'll say the doctor was a little too goofy for me. Nothing's perfect.

Rokam

Been powering through the series for the first time over the last week. Just watched the episode The Limited in season 3 (Train). I don't think I've laughed so hard, the end with Archer and Baboo in the back of cop car was great. I'm ashamed to have not caught this show till now.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Been powering through the series for the first time over the last week. Just watched the episode The Limited in season 3 (Train). I don't think I've laughed so hard, the end with Archer and Baboo in the back of cop car was great. I'm ashamed to have not caught this show till now.

Better late than never.

The Limited is one of my favorites as well.

Grisby

"Ya fox eared asshole!"

One of my favorites. Why do people think this is awesome, you're still just on the train.

kyser73

What's with US TV networks and these huge early/mid/late season breaks?

I'm running on empty here.

Also - like my avatar?

My daughter (nearly 17) and I just started watching Archer a week or so ago on Netflix. Netflix has this annoying prompt that pops up after a while:

"Are you still watching Archer Season 3?"

To which my daughter said to the TV:

"Are you not?"

<proud_papa />

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom