• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer - S5 |OT| of Phrasing, Gurpgork, Boop! & the Danger Zone - Mondays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

bndadm

Yeah this season hasn't been as great as I had hoped. Definitely overusing Pam. Enjoying the small snippets of Kreiger and Woodhouse though lol

Hopefully we get some more Archer/Lana bonding, that's an interesting angle I would love to see them follow.

Also selling some damn drugs and spending more time in Miami would be nice too! Plenty of 80's references but would prefer them to stray towards Vice City style stuff more.

I too agree with this. I was so hoping for Archer to pull of a nice Bandit style escape but instead it's "let's dump more coke". Only the Archer/Lana moments have had emotional weight. Although if Lana wanted to be safe she could have easily driven the bus instead of screaming at Cyrill to stay awake.

Shaneus

Yeah this season hasn't been as great as I had hoped. Definitely overusing Pam. Enjoying the small snippets of Kreiger and Woodhouse though lol

Hopefully we get some more Archer/Lana bonding, that's an interesting angle I would love to see them follow.

Also selling some damn drugs and spending more time in Miami would be nice too! Plenty of 80's references but would prefer them to stray towards Vice City style stuff more.
I never thought I'd hear myself say this, but the dive the show has taken (at least in relation to expectations vs. reality) is comparable to that of The League's :(

Edit: Now I'm actually watching this most recent episode, and halfway through... I'm just gonna wait for impressions of future episodes in this thread before checking them out. Pam is REALLY fucking annoying/frustrating :/

I never thought I'd hear myself say this, but the dive the show has taken (at least in relation to expectations vs. reality) is comparable to that of The League's :(

Edit: Now I'm actually watching this most recent episode, and halfway through... I'm just gonna wait for impressions of future episodes in this thread before checking them out. Pam is REALLY fucking annoying/frustrating :/
We've seen this style of dip with these guys before... See Sealab after Harry Goz's untimely passing. There they stretched the premise too thin which Reed was trying to avoid in the "Vice" changeover, but the issue may just be too long on one project. I don't know. I still love the show, it's just nowhere near as funny as it used to be. The Pam thing was funny... for one episode. Now it's one-note; I'm hoping they have some sort of big payoff coming to justify the whole thing but I'm not really seeing it.

Red

I'll coast through the rest of the season for the rare gems scattered under the gravel of Pam om-noms and countless "Who are you, so-and-so"'s.

Early Archer won't be topped. I haven't found the series consistently hilarious since Heart of Archness.

I agree that this season isn't living up to expectations. It's not bad, it's just not as good as the old stuff.

However, I do like the running theme of them losing all the coke bit by bit. They will never sell a single gram of it, I can guarantee.

Them losing the coke constantly could be a lot funnier than it is though. It is basically another Pam-related casualty, existing solely so that she can be how she's been this season. Pam's full-body coke cast is the Yoko Ono of Archer.

There have been more good moments this season than the last half of last season.

But I agree, they can't quite seem to make Pam work, though I did like this episode quite a bit.

Agreed on the disapointment front. The last episode was particularly flat.

The only episode all season that has really done it for me was episode 4. That was classic Archer!

Unlike other people here, I thought season 4 was mostly hilarious and not a dip in quality at all. Hopefully things fall back into place soon.

Agreed on the disapointment front. The last episode was particularly flat.

The only episode all season that has really done it for me was episode 4. That was classic Archer!

Unlike other people here, I thought season 4 was mostly hilarious and not a dip in quality at all. Hopefully things fall back into place soon.

I liked episode 2 of this season the most so far. As far as season rankings go, it'd probably be something like 2>3>1>4=5.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm kinda surprised at how many of us agree with the disappointing nature of this season. I expected to come in here and complain about it only to have a bunch of people say how awesome it has been. I was really hyped for this season but the laughs are pretty sparse.

If anyone hasn't liked/followed/whatever Archer on Facebook, they just posted a Pam picture. "How do you like your Pam? This is Pam. This is Pam on drugs." They're watching us.

If anyone hasn't liked/followed/whatever Archer on Facebook, they just posted a Pam picture. "How do you like your Pam? This is Pam. This is Pam on drugs." They're watching us.

This one?
1654245_729877200364477_1317819357_n.png

I'm kinda surprised at how many of us agree with the disappointing nature of this season. I expected to come in here and complain about it only to have a bunch of people say how awesome it has been. I was really hyped for this season but the laughs are pretty sparse.

Ive been saying since the beginning of this season that it isn't that good compared to the previous seasons. I just wonder if it has to do with the direction.

I did laugh at Krieger dancing in his underwear, and Ray doing the nazi salute.

- Warming Glow: Watch The Original First Draft Of The ‘Archer Vice’ Daydream Trailer
So if you recall, the first episode of Archer this season ended with the reveal that the ISIS gang are sitting on a tonne of cocaine. Or even if you don’t recall, that’s still what happened. Excited by the prospect of forming a cartel, Archer disappears into a daydream — a daydream that plays out a lot like a trailer for the rest of the season.

As Adam Reed continued writing the season, however, a few plot points began to change, and so then did the daydream trailer.

Lucky for you, the first draft of the trailer made it all the way to the animatic stage in production, so you, right here, right now, can watch the unaired original version! Because you’re reading this and you’re into this kind of thing!

New episode is on in a half hour, but I'm watching later tonight. Hope they get things back on track, and have a better balance of characters featured in this episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom