• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer - S6 |OT| of Phrasing, The Old Gypsy Woman & the Danger Zone - Thursdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

I don't think the baby was necessarily a bad idea, but the amount of times they bring it up, where Lana refuses a drink or something because baby, or a comment is made about her name, is mind-numbing. The baby is not inherently funny, and they treat her like this major character who so far has done absolutely nothing except be, and yet she gets brought up over and over again to grind the pace to a halt.

Seamus had way more jokes play in his favor, and he's in like three episodes, mentioned in maybe a couple more. AJ has been a constant presence since Sealab in season 4, and she's never been funny, most of the jokes surrounding her have been flat, and the only emotionally resonant moment came with the pregnancy reveal and Archer giving up his diving suit for Lana.

It's not the baby that's the problem, but like coked-out Pam, a concept that was never that funny to begin with being drilled as deep as possible straight into the ground.

The baby can *only* be used as a prop for other jokes until it is at least old enough to talk and do things. I tend to look at the baby as plot development and a basic prop for jokes. That's all AJ will be for a while.

Speaking of Archer's son... I forgot how that all played out. Was it revealed to not be his? Where is it? Where is the mother?

curb

Banned
The baby can *only* be used as a prop for other jokes until it is at least old enough to talk and do things. I tend to look at the baby as plot development and a basic prop for jokes. That's all AJ will be for a while.

Speaking of Archer's son... I forgot how that all played out. Was it revealed to not be his? Where is it? Where is the mother?

I don't think it ever came out that Seamus is Cyril's but Trynette (sp?) clearly states Seamus isn't Archer's when he wants to take the baby out because he thinks he's dying of cancer.

BigAT

The wee baby Seamus is Cyril's baby. They steal Cyril's blood and then substitute it in for Archer's when the paternity test is done, which comes back as being a positive match.

someday

Banned
Yup. She now exists only to be the nagging housewife. It's a problem, and they're even aware its a problem yet do it anyway.

I agree. I hate that they've taken a great character and reduced her to mostly a baby's mother and Archer's baby-mama. Ugh.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
ck84Tvk.png

:D

kyser73

It had Cheryl in her undergarments for most of the episode, then in a sexy figure-hugging airforce uniform. I liked it.

Still, I had a binge watch of S1 the other day and there's definitely something missing in these latest eps.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Krieger better start looking at more recent albums for inspiration now. The self-titled album is just "no"

Oh, man. Bullitt homage and great guest stars. One of my favorites of the season.

- Onion A|V Club review

Slater: “We didn’t know you were there, which was obviously an operational mistake on our end, Ethan.”
Archer: “Yeah, Ethan.”

Lana: “Happy?”
Slater: “Like in general? Because yes.”

Archer: "THIS IS AN AMERICAN ICON...YOU PHILISTINES!!!"

vypek

I think this has been the best episode of the season. And the episode really makes me wish that we could meet Lana's sister as well

vypek

Does it bother anybody else that Archer was flying despite being on the no-fly list in a previous episode?

No. Saw the complaint in a review site as well and figured a lot of people would take notice of it too. But with connection to the CIA and being a spy I think its perfectly acceptable that he was removed from the list or was able to come up with a fake ID/persona to manage to fly.

Hamlet

Fantastic episode and the best one of the season so far for me. Was laughing continuously throughout the entire episode and I have to agree with Archer that was a seriously impressive bunch of shots. That final line ha.

Just watched this episode on DVR. Fantastic.

"Etc, etc. Mashed potatoes!"

And the hot tub scene was probably one of my all-time favorites from the series.

Savitar

LOVED this episode.

Really great and I laughed so hard at several scenes.

The table part, the hot tub, and the ending were fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom