• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer - S6 |OT| of Phrasing, The Old Gypsy Woman & the Danger Zone - Thursdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.
This season has felt really safe to me and I wonder if it's because of how off the rails the show went during Vice. Still enjoying it, but it's nowhere near the level of pre-Vice Archer.

CoolOff

Holy shit I just got the Benoit = Balls joke. I had never heard of Ben Wa-balls, I just thought it was hilarious anyway that Archer thought Benoit sounded like balls.

- Onion A|V Club review
- Gifs and quotes from Warming Glow

2dvqYey.gif

Nothing spectacular, but I thought it was a pretty solid ep last week.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Just caught up on last week's episode. SCREAMING @ Gorilla Pam. oh my god.

Reading all the responses: What the shit guyz!? I thought that was a fantastic episode. Loved the twist ending.

Savitar

Even if the voice has been rerecorded to erase the ISIS mentions can't help but wonder why the VA is just so out of the norm.

vypek

Lol, I love this show

Even if the voice has been rerecorded to erase the ISIS mentions can't help but wonder why the VA is just so out of the norm.

I'm not seeing it. Maybe something out of the norm happened with recording in general.

Also, looked at the synopsis for next week and cannot wait for that episode either.

vypek

People have mentioned his mother sounding weird before but she sounds unrecognizable in this episode so far.

I've been reading a lot of comments about Jessica Walter's voice as well. More than anyone else. Was probably sick during the time she had to record her lines. I'm incapable of noticing so far. I'm going to really focus and see if I can hear a difference.

Nevermind, Malory's voice is definitely off here. Has to be sick or have been sick.

Savitar

I've been reading a lot of comments about Jessica Walter's voice as well. More than anyone else. Was probably sick during the time she had to record her lines. I'm incapable of noticing so far. I'm going to really focus and see if I can hear a difference.

Nevermind, Malory's voice is definitely off here. Has to be sick or have been sick.

You really can't notice it?!

It sticks out big time it's so noticeable.

Valkrai

Haven't seen the new episode yet but does anyone know if Archer Vice is available to watch online? It's the only season I haven't watched.

vypek

Haven't seen the new episode yet but does anyone know if Archer Vice is available to watch online? It's the only season I haven't watched.

Wow, they are oddly the only episodes not on Hulu. I don't know a place where you can legally watch Archer Vice. I guess its blu-ray time.

Red

iTunes. In a few months it should be on Netflix. Past seasons usually go up near the end of or after the current season.

"Yeah, even I know about Area 51, and I didn't even know they made shoes out of cornbread."

Seems like a lot of people didn't care for the episode but I really enjoyed it.

Manu

The scene with Pam and Krieger crying at being told
the meaning of life
was hilarious.

The rest of the episode was good.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
"My god, I hope we find them. I have so many questions."
"Like what? How to build a better anal probe?"
"Right?! I bet their anal technology is light years ahead of mine."

That and Ray's reaction to his pig cracked me up. I also noticed Mallory sounding off.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
"My god, I hope we find them. I have so many questions."
"Like what? How to build a better anal probe?"
"Right?! I bet their anal technology is light years ahead of mine."

That and Ray's reaction to his pig cracked me up. I also noticed Mallory sounding off.

that farm realization was hilarious

Gotta say, I'm not feeling this season at all. So far it feels like a collection of episodes that were left on the cutting room floor; B-material. Some all right jokes but, yeah, not like previous seasons.

kirblar

Gotta say, I'm not feeling this season at all. So far it feels like a collection of episodes that were left on the cutting room floor; B-material. Some all right jokes but, yeah, not like previous seasons.
Yeah, this feels like it's just a continuations of the issues S4 had that led them to make S5 radically different.

Savitar

The season does feel off.

I prefer the show best when there are more people in the building the crew works at being fully staffed and while Archer is a dick in every sense of the world he can live up to his reputation of being the worlds greatest spy. I mean remember that? How he was suppose to be this guy who was the BEST. I wouldn't mind seeing more of it, the latest episode did show some of it with him being able to beat up the army guys and all but the whole team being total failures usually does get a bit old.

Futurematic

I liked it better than last week's, but it felt weirdly short.

Under 19 minutes long, the only episode this season (possibly ever) that short.

Edit: dammit, was hoping DVD boxset runtime could be used for earlier season estimates. If anyone cares I can do some runtime work, but off the top of my head Vice ran a minute or so shorter than the first 4 seasons (we're down to 19-20 minutes this season with 18/21 minute outliers) but I'm 60% confident on that, though time loss may have started earlier.

I'm shocked at how little galavanting they did around Area 51. I expected them to befriend aliens and have all sorts of crazy things happen.

There were some good moments, but it was a pretty bland episode. I didn't like the way everyone just rocked up, because why not, and decide to do something obviously stupid like flying over Area 51. The aliens had potential, but the episode was just so short.

This season so far has been a mixed bag for me. A couple of solid episodes, and recently a few duds. Archer himself is the only thing that seems to have improved (oh and the animation too). He's getting some great character development yet still remaining true to himself in a way. The others have become caricatures, barely even performing their original roles anymore. Malory seems to be missing most of the time and Lana is becoming very unlikable. I wish they'd just go back to the earlier season structure (and this is coming from someone who never moaned about Archer Vice).

Red

I don't think Lana is becoming unlikable. She's just playing out the most predictable and boring parts of her character. This has been going on for two seasons. She is stale.

kirblar

I don't think Lana is becoming unlikable. She's just playing out the most predictable and boring parts of her character. This has been going on for two seasons. She is stale.
Yup. She now exists only to be the nagging housewife. It's a problem, and they're even aware its a problem yet do it anyway.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Wow, I'm surprised people didn't like that one either. I thought it was really fun.

I agree that Lana has become a boring nag. I think giving her a baby was a really bad idea overall, even if it has lead to a few great episodes like last week's.

It's the only episode in a really good season I can find fault with. Either the episode should have been their misadventures on Tunt airlines or more focus on Pam and Kreiger in Area 51. They could have let those two really run wild on the base.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
It's the only episode in a really good season I can find fault with. Either the episode should have been their misadventures on Tunt airlines or more focus on Pam and Kreiger in Area 51. They could have let those two really run wild on the base.

I'm hoping the aliens come back every now and then and interact with Pam and Kreiger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom