• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer - S6 |OT| of Phrasing, The Old Gypsy Woman & the Danger Zone - Thursdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

someday

Banned
Amazing episode. Best so far this season. I've noticed a running gag where they keep dangling Ray in harms way as you wonder if this is the moment he gets maimed and paralyzed again.
Yeah I kept waiting for the elevator to start while he was dangling there smoking.

bndadm

I can understand if the message played calling from the phone, but I don't get why calling Malory connects to the elevator phone.

Yeah this confused me too. Was it just for Ray's phone or did he somehow forward her number to the phone or change everyone's numbers?

This season has been a true return to form and I was fatigued by how relentless this episode was. Absolutely terrific.

Has this show won an Emmy for sound editing? I've mentioned how remarkable it is before, but this past episode is something else. They say they record the lines from separate sessions and then edit them together. This one has very little time to breath. They're all in an elevator verbally sparring with one another. It's one or those that I'll have to rewatch for some of the lines and visual things I missed.

Great week for Archer and Sunny

The running Maximum Overdrive references will never get old.
DAkYA8x.gif

Hamlet

Fantastic episode. The episode went by so fast and what a great way to end it, lol at Cyril jacking it off at the end.

Drazgul

I didn't want to bump an older season thread, can someone answer me this:

In season 5, do they ever manage to sell even one ounce of the cocaine? I'm a few eps in and their constant bungling just pisses me off, wish they had never gone with this angle if the writers don't have the balls to actually turn them into drug dealers.

BigAT

In season 5, do they ever manage to sell even one ounce of the cocaine? I'm a few eps in and their constant bungling just pisses me off, wish they had never gone with this angle if the writers don't have the balls to actually turn them into drug dealers.

I don't think the plot of season 5 has anything in the least to do with them being scared to portray them as actual drug dealers. The show is largely about how incompetent they all are as a spy agency, which is supposed to be their expertise. What makes you think they would fare well in a field that they have no experience in?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

I don't think so, no. Season 5 is mostly awful but it does get better towards the end. Season 6 is a lot better.

Drazgul

I don't think the plot of season 5 has anything in the least to do with them being scared to portray them as actual drug dealers. The show is largely about how incompetent they all are as a spy agency, which is supposed to be their expertise. What makes you think they would fare well in a field that they have no experience in?

Because if the mexicans can do it, how hard could it be? :p

No I get what you're saying, but isn't Archer and Lana at least supposed to be good agents (if not the world's greatest, like Archer likes to think). I mean sure, they do mess things up but you'd think they could still pull off a say, 10-15% success rate which would still be abysmal but at least something.

Season 5 so far hasn't been too bad but it's good to hear that it gets better. Also, I didn't much care for that season-wide flashforward they did in the season premiere, seems kinda spoilery for no particularly good reason.

Red

Because if the mexicans can do it, how hard could it be? :p

No I get what you're saying, but isn't Archer and Lana at least supposed to be good agents (if not the world's greatest, like Archer likes to think). I mean sure, they do mess things up but you'd think they could still pull off a say, 10-15% success rate which would still be abysmal but at least something.

Season 5 so far hasn't been too bad but it's good to hear that it gets better. Also, I didn't much care for that season-wide flashforward they did in the season premiere, seems kinda spoilery for no particularly good reason.
The coke is a means to an end. It will be resolved in the last episode.

Grisby

Yeah, I felt bad for him too. A good episode though, they're on a roll this season. I love how the whole gang plays poker without Archer, thought he might comment on that.

Nice callbacks with Brett and especially Rodney as i wondered if we were ever going to hear about him again. Bet he's in a future episode somewhere down the road.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
lana is a complete bag of dicks. im suprised archer didnt lay a massive brett styled beatdown on the dude at the end though

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I liked the episode up until the end? I think it would of been a lot funnier if Archer killed the guy and then we found out Lana had hired him as a prank.

vypek

You know, we haven't seen Woodhouse all season.
Probably stuck in Cheryl/Carol's house still. lol. Seriously, I wonder if something is up with the voice actor or they just want to focus less on Woodhouse now that they have more focus for Krieger (to the point that he has been added to the cast).

I liked the episode up until the end? I think it would of been a lot funnier if Archer killed the guy and then we found out Lana had hired him as a prank.

I liked the entire thing but I agree it would have been much more hilarious to have him kill the guy and then later find out his original theory of Lana hiring him was correct.

---

Also, didn't realize GAF had a thread for Archer. For last weeks episode, can anyone clarify the voicemail prank? From what I can tell after thinking about it, Archer set up Malory's cell phone to be re-routed to the elevator where he wanted to prank someone for getting trapped in there (but also got trapped in there, possibly forgetting about it and also not knowing about the RF jammer).

Mindlog

Archer should have blamed his mother for the whole incident.
Lana fesses up.
Archer, 'Oh...'
Carol/Pam inappropriate joke.
Gang laughs at Lana's expense and Archer's relationship with his Lana-mother.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I don't know, there were some funny moments, but that mostly fell flat for me.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
gorilla pam had me howling

Mostly Great episode buy I really didn't like the ending. I think we've seen 'this was all a lie/set-up' enough times. Doesn't stop it from having great moments (PAM!)

Red

That was the weakest of the season. Though it did show off some of those fancy new screamy mouth animations.

I liked that it was something Lana set up. Even better is that the regular cast wasn't in on it either. It was a test how Archer would cope under pressure and I personally don't think he passed.

Savitar

Wasn't really fond of the episode myself, I liked the concept but I rather it had gone in another way.

But it is good to see Archer showing that he does care.

Red

I thought Kumail Nanjiani did a really poor job voicing Farooq. Couldn't keep up with the regular cast.

For some reason the episode seemed sloppy, and reminded me of season 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom