• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation |OT| VITA LA REVOLUTION

Grisby

Alright, just did one of the most awesome things I;ve ever done in an AC game.

Mission spoiler for Rival business deal:
Went to a plantation dressed as the noble woman and charmed my target to the back of the house. Aveline started whispering stuff into his ear and then I hit the kill button. She did the triple stabby animation into his chest before adding a final slice to the throat. Looted the body and walked off while all of the guards were obliviously.

Baaaaad ass.

Save corrupted. :( Oh well.

Good thing I made that backup before I started wrapping up the collecting...
So how widespread is this? Is it just when you finish the game and go back into it? On another note if I wanted to back the save up would that mean backing up all of my vita stuff, :/

Noi

So how widespread is this? Is it just when you finish the game and go back into it? On another note if I wanted to back the save up would that mean backing up all of my vita stuff, :/

I forget who mentioned it, but the corruption seems to be tied to the special outfits you unlock for finishing certain collectables. Mine corrupted right after I made backup #2 with some of those finished, and it and backup #2 were corrupted. My backup #1 was right before I got the last jewel with the Lady Persona, and I haven't had an issue with it after playing for quite a few more hours without finishing that off.

Also, you can backup the save without all the Vita stuff. Just hit Applications and choose copy for JUST AC:L, don't hit backup on the main menu. :p

Grisby

I forget who mentioned it, but the corruption seems to be tied to the special outfits you unlock for finishing certain collectables. Mine corrupted right after I made backup #2 with some of those finished, and it and backup #2 were corrupted. My backup #1 was right before I got the last jewel with the Lady Persona, and I haven't had an issue with it after playing for quite a few more hours without finishing that off.

Also, you can backup the save without all the Vita stuff. Just hit Applications and choose copy for JUST AC:L, don't hit backup on the main menu. :p
Thanks. I'll copy a save to my ps3 later. I hope a patch is coming.

Noi

8186438926_95fb10976c_z.jpg

My Vita is into the kinky stuff.

(Leaving it running for the Climber trophy, heh.)

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Just finished this. Overall, I ended up really liking it. Ubisoft Sophia deserves props because this definitely feels like a quality "console-like" experience that has flaws that could be easily corrected if there's a sequel.

I really, reeeeally like Aveline. Her design is just fucking awesome. I also enjoyed the stealthy missions, the game world, there was variety in the environments, and the music is very good.

Things that could be improved are the story, which seemed interesting but I didn't understand jackshit about it. Also improve the engine performance and have better sound quality and the next game could easily be a 9/10.

As it stands, I'd give AC3L an 8/10.

cyborg009

Banned
Just finished this. Overall, I ended up really liking it. Ubisoft Sophia deserves props because this definitely feels like a quality "console-like" experience that has flaws that could be easily corrected if there's a sequel.

I really, reeeeally like Aveline. Her design is just fucking awesome. I also enjoyed the stealthy missions, the game world, there was variety in the environments, and the music is very good.

Things that could be improved are the story, which seemed interesting but I didn't understand jackshit about it. Also improve the engine performance and have better sound quality and the next game could easily be a 9/10.

I feel the same way, the game was pretty good I never had any save file corruption. And I only had glitches that require me to restart my checkpoints three times only.

The bayou and Chitchzen Itza looks great!

whitehawk

Banned
Who thought this "look at a bright light with the Vita camera" crap was a good idea? Good lord.
It awful. It's also in Uncharted. I was playing it on the Subway one day when I got to that part. What the hell do they expect me to do? Stand up and look like an idiot while I hold my vita next to the lights in the corner of the ceiling?

"Sir, what are you doing?"

"Oh I'm playing a game, I need to do this to get to the next level"

Noi

Anyone know where the powder keg is in the
assisinate the recruiter mission?

Near the cannons on the northern side of the fort. The guy you need to take out should walk right by them occasionally.

It awful. It's also in Uncharted. I was playing it on the Subway one day when I got to that part. What the hell do they expect me to do? Stand up and look like an idiot while I hold my vita next to the lights in the corner of the ceiling?

"Sir, what are you doing?"

"Oh I'm playing a game, I need to do this to get to the next level"

I learned that's actually misleading. After the first time I struggled with it, all I had to do was turn my Vita around without pointing at anything and it would work. Its kinda weird.

finished up VLR and got back to this.

Been enjoying it as well, still have no clue wtf is up with MC and her story though.

And all the original animations not jacked from AC3 look laughably bad, like the whip and punch animation and the boat rowing one.

Stop caring about getting 100% sync does make the enjoyment drastically better lmao.

Noi

finished up VLR and got back to this.

Been enjoying it as well, still have no clue wtf is up with MC and her story though.

And all the original animations not jacked from AC3 look laughably bad, like the whip and punch animation and the boat rowing one.

Stop caring about getting 100% sync does make the enjoyment drastically better lmao.

Getting full sync in this one is a million times more tolerable than in ACIII. I actually had a lot of fun going for a few of them, since they made me get creative within the game's limitations rather than stuff the game doesn't handle well.

Also, if by whip animation you mean the one where she pulls the opponent and does the weird uppercut thing, that exact move is lifted from ACIII with the rope darts. :p

Getting full sync in this one is a million times more tolerable than in ACIII. I actually had a lot of fun going for a few of them, since they made me get creative within the game's limitations rather than stuff the game doesn't handle well.

Also, if by whip animation you mean the one where she pulls the opponent and does the weird uppercut thing, that exact move is lifted from ACIII with the rope darts. :p
well god damn :p

I was confused with a few of the 100% syncs of killing a rival business man, but you have to kill them without you killing them o_O.

Bittercup

I feel the same. Really enjoyable game :)
Only the story felt sometimes rushed and at the end a bit hard to follow.

I was confused with a few of the 100% syncs of killing a rival business man, but you have to kill them without you killing them o_O.
berserk poison on the guy next to him :D

Bittercup

And my save is corrupt :( happened right afer I finished collecting the Assassin-persona-collectibles.
Gladly I made a backup not that long before and all I need are those collectibles for the platinum.

About how long is this game?
Shorter than the main titles. Around 10-15 hours maybe (unfortunately the game time counter in the game is broken). But you can spend some additional hours with collectibles and sidequests.

Shorter than the main titles. Around 10-15 hours maybe (unfortunately the game time counter in the game is broken). But you can spend some additional hours with collectibles and sidequests.

Thats awesome for a portable title. I really was intrigued by the setting. I love new orleans.

Bittercup

The Citizen E thing in my DNA menu is red. Does this mean I've missed one?
It's always red whether or not you've found all of them.
in total there are:
6 Citizen Es. 2 are story related, 4 needs to be found

Has anyone a tip how to pickpocket.
All I need are the slave collectibles and the rear touch thing is almost never working.
I'm standing for like 20min at the same guy and no matter what I do she just stands around and does absolutely nothing.
I press L once to go into precision mode, target the guy with the voodoo doll so he has the white lines around him but every time a swipe on the rear touch pad nothing happens :/

Noi

8188070488_2ddd53f994_z.jpg

Bayou Hunter outfit is really badass. A shame that you can't get it sooner/risks corrupting your save file.

Also, yay

8186995427_5191d89794_z.jpg

Has anyone a tip how to pickpocket.
All I need are the slave collectibles and the rear touch thing is almost never working.
I'm standing for like 20min at the same guy and no matter what I do she just stands around and does absolutely nothing.
I press L once to go into precision mode, target the guy with the voodoo doll so he has the white lines around him but every time a swipe on the rear touch pad nothing happens :/

Instead of doing a quick swipe, go slowly from top to bottom on the rear touchpad. I always hold onto L, and the positioning may be a bit finicky, but it shouldn't be too hard.

Bittercup

Instead of doing a quick swipe, go slowly from top to bottom on the rear touchpad. I always hold onto L, and the positioning may be a bit finicky, but it shouldn't be too hard.
While I was going for the Thief Trophy this worked after a few tries. But with the Voodoo Dolls it's so incredibly frustrating.
I can't even get the pick pocketing symbol to show up :(

And congratulation to your Platinum Trophy :)

anddo0

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8199/8188070488_2ddd53f994_z.jpg[/IMG]

Bayou Hunter outfit is really badass. A shame that you can't get it sooner/risks corrupting your save file.

Also, yay

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8478/8186995427_5191d89794_z.jpg[/IMG]

How did you get max level on the MP?
Outside of that the trophies in this game are doable.

Noi

How did you get max level on the MP?
Outside of that the trophies in this game are doable.

It takes quite a while, but the laziest way to go about it is: you basically pick a Home node, hit attack/defend, pick the first character (the thief) and you pick the rightmost enemy to attack, which gives you the most EXP. Even if the character runs out of energy, you'll get the same EXP amount for attacking the rightmost character. Repeat for an eternity until you reach Rank 15.

Any word on a patch for that corrupt save bug? Keen to try this out.

Silent. You can avoid the corrupt save bug by not collecting all the Persona-specfic collectibles though, with the worst case scenario being you lost a bit of progress from backing up your save.

Damian.

Banned
I got the save game bug after only an hour or so into the game. I didn't even save the game, it just got stuck in the animus loading thing on its own. Wtf.

Bittercup

The voodoo doll guy is probably bugged :/
Collected the 9 other ones without a problem but the last one still doesn't work no matter what I try :(
It's the one 3 houses to the right of the fort on the top left of the map if someone knows a trick for him.

Noi

The voodoo doll guy is probably bugged :/
Collected the 9 other ones without a problem but the last one still doesn't work no matter what I try :(
It's the one 3 houses to the right of the fort on the top left of the map if someone knows a trick for him.

I managed to steal from him just fine this morning. :/ I mentioned it before, but sometimes the positioning on the guys can be finicky. That or try moving to the Bayou/back to the New Orleans to reload him.

Bittercup

I managed to steal from him just fine this morning. :/ I mentioned it before, but sometimes the positioning on the guys can be finicky. That or try moving to the Bayou/back to the New Orleans to reload him.
I feel so stupid... :eek:
The two guards next to him were apparently the reason why the pickpocket-attempt was always instantly failing. I just noticed that the alert meter was flashing for a split second.
After I killed them I could get the last voodoo doll and my Platinum Trophy :D

I feel so stupid... :eek:
The two guards next to him were apparently the reason why the pickpocket-attempt was always instantly failing. I just noticed that the alert meter was flashing for a split second.
After I killed them I could get the last voodoo doll and my Platinum Trophy :D

I hope im as lucky, i have 9 out of 10 but cant seem to find the last 1. I have gone round with a map but so far nothing, gonna try again but if not i will jut have to get all the other trophies i can out of the way and then start again :(

Bittercup

I hope im as lucky, i have 9 out of 10 but cant seem to find the last 1. I have gone round with a map but so far nothing, gonna try again but if not i will jut have to get all the other trophies i can out of the way and then start again :(
Oh :/ Good luck finding the last one :)
I used the maps on PS3trophies for the collectibles. They are pretty accurate (except one for the Lady is a bit off)
http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/s...:Assassins-Creed-III:-Liberation-Trophy-Guide

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Silent. You can avoid the corrupt save bug by not collecting all the Persona-specfic collectibles though, with the worst case scenario being you lost a bit of progress from backing up your save.
Thanks. Hopefully they'll patch it soon - I'm a bit of a collecting fiend so might wait.

Grisby

Anyone have any tips for taking human shields? Like...how do you even do it? The manual said to press X when enemies are about to fire and I can't seem to pull it off.

Also, is the predator move where you hang a dude from the trees with your whip? I think I pulled one off but its so hard to find locations to do it.

Anyone have any tips for taking human shields? Like...how do you even do it? The manual said to press X when enemies are about to fire and I can't seem to pull it off.

Also, is the predator move where you hang a dude from the trees with your whip? I think I pulled one off but its so hard to find locations to do it.

I tried X and it never worked and then i pushed Square and it did. It barely works and barely anybody shoots.

Yeah thats predator. Edges of buildings work too.

i'm pretty sure a game tip told me i could disarm dudes, but i just can't seem to do it.

btw: what are y'alls' melee weapon of choice?

Connors Tomahawk or hidden blades.

Disarm is X after the counter isnt it? Same as doing a counter kill (Counter then Square) or counter throw (Counter then Circle).

SteeloDMZ

Banned
I'm exploring around and I found that if you are using your "supervision", that's how the icons appear on the map, but only while you are in the area.

Grisby

I tried X and it never worked and then i pushed Square and it did. It barely works and barely anybody shoots.

Yeah thats predator. Edges of buildings work too.
Thanks.

Just started sequence 6 with the canoe and man is it awesome. Unfortunately though I seem to have collected all of the coins and statures. So in order to ward off the lost save bug I will be backing my stuff up tonight before turning on the game again.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Is this a glitch? In the trading minigame I have a ship that's stuck with the same time and it doesn't progress (unlike the other ships).

Top Bottom