• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation |OT| VITA LA REVOLUTION

Is this game getting another patch? pretty pissed about trophies being glitched. I'm trying to collect the voodoo dolls, I've done all of them but 1, I know where the guy should be, I can see him on my friends Vita, but he's not there on mine. All the other locations were the same for the voodoo dolls. I've ran through new orleans completely without finding the last guy.

I've shot the guys on the roof with my parasol at ;east 25 times, still no trophy, changed personas outside of missions at least 100 times, still no trophy.

Ubisoft really dropped the ball on this POS.
It's a POS because you can't get a few trophies? Lol. It's disappointing how buggy the game is (got the save glitch a few days ago), but I still think it's a pretty awesome game overall.

It's also the first game where I was awarded a trophy for something I didn't even do (the one where you use a blow dart from a tree - I was just running across rooftops and it popped outta nowhere lol). Super glitchy, but still an ambitious effort to bring the AC experience to a handheld.

icespide

Banned
finished AC3 and I"m looking to start liberation tonight. I haven't been paying attention to much to this corrupted save glitch. how do I avoid that?

sajj316

It's a POS because you can't get a few trophies? Lol. It's disappointing how buggy the game is (got the save glitch a few days ago), but I still think it's a pretty awesome game overall.

It's also the first game where I was awarded a trophy for something I didn't even do (the one where you use a blow dart from a tree - I was just running across rooftops and it popped outta nowhere lol). Super glitchy, but still an ambitious effort to bring the AC experience to a handheld.

I also got hit with the save corruption bug. Waiting for patch before I start up again but I wasn't that far into the game, thankfully.

EGM92

It's a POS because of many reasons, the controls are a buggy mess, NPC's disappearing never to be found again or respawn, running around and having the game hardlock on you for no apparent reason. The little merchant game is bugged to shit and will hardlock and crash for no apparent reason. It's also poorly designed.

So you sent a ship to another port but was too busy playing the actual game? Well your ship disappeared and we're not telling you why! Was it storms? Pirates? you'll never find out, you should have been here watching the 2hr voyage now you're 20,000 credits in debt.

That's why the game is a POS. People need to stop defending it and the devs.

It's a POS because of many reasons, the controls are a buggy mess, NPC's disappearing never to be found again or respawn, running around and having the game hardlock on you for no apparent reason. The little merchant game is bugged to shit and will hardlock and crash for no apparent reason. It's also poorly designed.

So you sent a ship to another port but was too busy playing the actual game? Well your ship disappeared and we're not telling you why! Was it storms? Pirates? you'll never find out, you should have been here watching the 2hr voyage now you're 20,000 credits in debt.

Let's be clear: I'm not defending the devs. As I said, the game is extremely buggy and there's no defending that: it needed more time for bug fixing and polish.
I am defending the game as a whole, though, because as I said, I still think its a very ambitious project and infinitely better than the previous portable AC. I got the save glitch that essentially wiped my progress and I still have a hard time calling the game a "piece of shit", because its far from it. Every single AC game has had a good share of wonkiness, glitches, and fucked up controls as well (I swear Ezio had a mind of his own sometimes when holding R1).. and I'm certain that not many people refer to them as POS games.

Meh. I guess it depends on your tolerance for glitches. Sounds like it weighs heavily upon your opinion of games.

Wasn't that side scrolling Ass creed game pretty good?
I didn't know one existed. I was referring to the PSP one, though.

What's this save glitch people are talking about?
There's a glitch that prevents you from continuing your game. Based on what I've read around the Internet, it seems to have to do with special outfits that you get for completing sets of collectibles. For instance, I got the glitch shortly after obtaining the final jeweled brooch as Lady.
So, it seems that the best way to avoid it is if you avoid obtaining those outfits for now.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
This game has been growing on me recently. I still stand with my early impressions, but now I don't regret the purchase. The
Mayan cenote
had much better platforming than anything in UC:GA. It was Such a pity that the experience was dragged down due to small but consistent glitches :/

Those are all your complaints and you're call it a POS? Really now? Because those seem pretty minor, especially since a lot of of them aren't even the fault of the developers but of the AnvilNext engine itself, as they occur in AC3 as well. Sounds like you're completely over-reacting and if you really think it's a POS, why are you even playing it?

OmegaZero

Finished the story, and I have to say I'm disappointed how they handled the whole "Abstergo created this" thing. Will post my full impressions later.

Gustav

Banned
Those are all your complaints and you're call it a POS? Really now? Because those seem pretty minor, especially since a lot of of them aren't even the fault of the developers but of the AnvilNext engine itself, as they occur in AC3 as well. Sounds like you're completely over-reacting and if you really think it's a POS, why are you even playing it?

Wow, are you calling hard locks minor?

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Hardlocks and save corrupting bugs that seem to affect the majority of gamers are not simple bugs. Like I said in the previous page, I've only completed 2 sequences and will start playing only when Ubisoft patches the game. Its a pity because i liked what I have played. Not the best game but still entertaining.

Bittercup

Finished AC3 and continued with Liberation :)
So far I'm really enjoying the game very much except:
Is this a glitch, that for most timed missions the game doesn't show a timer? I only saw one once. For the rest I had to look on my watch but that's a bit annoying.
I hope this will change with a patch.

Noi

Playing this right after the shitfest that was AC III is so good. I actually feel like I'm playing a completed game instead of an alpha version of a game with missing content.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Finished AC3 and continued with Liberation :)
So far I'm really enjoying the game very much except:
Is this a glitch, that for most timed missions the game doesn't show a timer? I only saw one once. For the rest I had to look on my watch but that's a bit annoying.
I hope this will change with a patch.

Really? I've never had any problems. In fact, I never knew it had all the bugs mentioned in this thread until I read it here.

Hardlocks and save corrupting bugs that seem to affect the majority of gamers are not simple bugs. Like I said in the previous page, I've only completed 2 sequences and will start playing only when Ubisoft patches the game. Its a pity because i liked what I have played. Not the best game but still entertaining.

Where are you getting the "seem to affect the majority of gamers" from?

There is no evidence for that. The game is a buggy mess no doubt but the hard lock and save corrupt bugs I very much doubt effect the majority of gamers.

I played through it all and didn't experience either or any game breaking bugs. Just the glitchy crap that is everywhere.

Now I'm not saying because I didn't get either then most people didn't, I'm just saying its highly unlikely most people did just because some people mentioned it on a gamers forum.

Playing this right after the shitfest that was AC III is so good. I actually feel like I'm playing a completed game instead of an alpha version of a game with missing content.

I played them in the opposite order. I'm up to Sequence 8 in AC3 so far and... I am completely unimpressed. People talking about glitches in Liberation... AC3 is even worse. And some of the optional objectives are so poorly designed, I'm utterly amazed. One in the first mission in Sequence 8 said that I couldn't shove or tackle anyone while chasing a guy that I'm eventually meant to tackle! So I tackle him and shocking news, optional objective failed! I then reload the last checkpoint but as it autosaved straight as I tackled the guy, I have to start the entire fucking mission again just to get this stupid mission 100% completed. This thing sucks!

AC2 > AssBro >> AssLib >>> AC3 >> ACR > AC1

SteeloDMZ

Banned
The last few mission I've played have been pretty enjoyable. I also just reached a part that looks great visually:

A7WxxZVCIAA7T8c.jpg

I wonder if poor performance, bugs, etc. are because

1) The Vita simply isn't powerful enough to handle a game like this
2) The game was rushed and Ubisoft Sofia couldn't delay it
3) both

Because there's a really good game underneath some crap. The visuals can be fantastic, but the performance brings points down. The music is great, but the audio quality is compressed as shit. The gameplay is enjoyable, but the glitches/framerate make it feel clunky and not smooth.

I'd would be amazing if Ubisoft released a patch that fixed a lot of the problems the game has.

The last few mission I've played have been pretty enjoyable. I also just reached a part that looks great visually:

A7WxxZVCIAA7T8c.jpg

I wonder if poor performance, bugs, etc. are because

1) The Vita simply isn't powerful enough to handle a game like this
2) The game was rushed and Ubisoft Sofia couldn't delay it
3) both

Because there's a really good game underneath some crap. The visuals can be fantastic, but the performance brings points down. The music is great, but the audio quality is compressed as shit. The gameplay is enjoyable, but the glitches/framerate make it feel clunky and not smooth.

I'd would be amazing if Ubisoft released a patch that fixed a lot of the problems the game has.

4) The AnvilNext engine is a fucking mess.

Real answer is 2 and 4. Blaming the bugs on the system itself is completely ridiculous.

Datrio

And the game just died on me. I'm in the loop glitch, so I can't go back to the game at all.

Luckily I already finished the main game, got the extra cutscenes, now I just wanted to get all the trophies - quit the game, went to multiplayer, and decided it's a complete piece of shit, so I'll just skip it. Wanted to go back to the game - wham, I'm going back to the main screen every time I select "Continue".

At least I finished, but yeah, a shame I can't continue.

Just started. Er....

1. Is it supposed to look this washed out?
2. Dat framerate :(

Some combo of 1 and 2 (and I guess 3 "it doesn't look like it's running native res") are giving my eyes an uneasy feeling, like I'm playing 3DS 3D mode or something...

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Are the gyro controls on my Vita busted, or is that roll-the-ball puzzle in the underground caves section the worst fucking piece of shit ever created?

How can someone fuck up motion controls so bad is beyond my comprehension.

Sid

Finished the game,loved it,the game REALLY picks up when we hit the second sequence and despite a bit spotty framerate in the city the game ran decently and looked awesome,the best vita game so far,even beats uncharted on pretty much every level imo.

persongr

Are the gyro controls on my Vita busted, or is that roll-the-ball puzzle in the section the worst fucking piece of shit ever created?

How can someone fuck up motion controls so bad is beyond my comprehension.

Your console is fine, it is the minigames in the game that are astonishingly bad. Even pickpocketing is crappy.

cyborg009

Banned
Just started. Er....

Some combo of 1 and 2 (and I guess 3 "it doesn't look like it's running native res") are giving my eyes an uneasy feeling, like I'm playing 3DS 3D mode or something...

The game and famerate gets better at Bayou section

the whole games gets better after you install patch and gets past sequence 1

edit: pick pocketing I prefer using Lady persona I usually can get items twice in a row.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Just started. Er....

The whole childhood area is more washed out than the rest of the games. Its the first 15 minutes of the game or so.

Gotcha

I figured the app itself probably wouldn't be prepatched (Sony...) but shocked it doesn't make you aware of the patch when trying to play! Will give this a shot ASAP

If I remember correctly, it's on the top left corner of his route (on the map). Take out the two guards on the large L shaped building beforehand and stand right above it. Also, make sure that even when you kill him, you take out everyone else surrounding him, so they don't see you when you loot his body.

Edit: Wait, you're talking about someone else, aren't you? Is it the one that walks halfway around a block, then cut through it? Cause there should be a powder keg right in the middle. You can stand on one of the balconies to shoot it. Hopefully that's the one, as it's the only other one I can remember.

anddo0

If I remember correctly, it's on the top left corner of his route (on the map). Take out the two guards on the large L shaped building beforehand and stand right above it. Also, make sure that even when you kill him, you take out everyone else surrounding him, so they don't see you when you loot his body.

Edit: Wait, you're talking about someone else, aren't you? Is it the one that walks halfway around a block, then cut through it? Cause there should be a powder keg right in the middle. You can stand on one of the balconies to shoot it. Hopefully that's the one, as it's the only other one I can remember.

Thanks got it. It was the first mission of sequence 5. I found business rival side quest with similar conditions. Only this time you actually had to put the keg in his route.

So i think my game is messed up. on the mission after you turn off the lighthouse i go on with the story and the game keeps crashing on the same exact after the second wave of soldiers. Am i screwed or is there some workaround?

BibiMaghoo

For those having trouble with the 'hold to the light ' bits...

It calibrates what is 'normal' light each time you open the letter. If you are pointing it towards a light at this point, you are fucked.

Conversely, if you cover the lens as it calibrates, it will reveal as soon as it gets any light lol.

I have not tested but imagine the puzzles work the same way, so calibrate what is 'flat' as you start the puzzle.

anddo0

I wasted so much money on the trading game for such little return. I recently lost about 12k due to pirates attacking my ships near Seville. I think it's safe to say the vast majority of crafting/mini games in AC are pointless.

Top Bottom