• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation |OT| VITA LA REVOLUTION

OmegaZero

I wasted so much money on the trading game for such little return. I recently lost about 12k due to pirates attacking my ships near Seville. I think it's safe to say the vast majority of crafting/mini games in AC are pointless.

I haven't tested it, but a later Pirates mission has you steal the blueprints to a cannon design that's supposed to be more effective against pirates.
Maybe that helps lower the chances of a pirate attack.

Epcott

Bought this Friday and tried it a little yesterday. I never really cared about framerate in games before, but wow, the game putts along so slooooowly. I hope I made the right decision in getting this instead of Ragnarok Odyssey.

Guess I'll come back to it after ACIII.

Bittercup

Really? I've never had any problems. In fact, I never knew it had all the bugs mentioned in this thread until I read it here.
I figured it out with the timers. The game only shows if the time limit is mandatory, optional time limits don't have a timer. Still annoying and not sure if it's supposed to be like that or just a bug.
Besides that I didn't have any major bugs so far. Plays way more "polished" then AC3 for me.
But I have a hard time with some features like the mentioned Vita against light or pickpocketing with the rear touch pad to work properly.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Where are you getting the "seem to affect the majority of gamers" from?

There is no evidence for that. The game is a buggy mess no doubt but the hard lock and save corrupt bugs I very much doubt effect the majority of gamers.

I played through it all and didn't experience either or any game breaking bugs. Just the glitchy crap that is everywhere.

Now I'm not saying because I didn't get either then most people didn't, I'm just saying its highly unlikely most people did just because some people mentioned it on a gamers forum.

Quite a few people have reported getting their save files corrupted on Gamefaqs and the official forums. And it seems like its always the same situition; when a player collects all of the collectables needed to unlock a secret costume and when the costume is unlocked. You don't even have to buy the costume. And there are people who have replayed the entire game twice or more and getting the exact same save bug with the same conditions. I would consider this a major bug whether you're getting it or not because it is so reproducible and game killing.

And people have tried emailing Ubisoft and all they could suggest was to just delete and replay...-_-

Quite a few people have reported getting their save files corrupted on Gamefaqs and the official forums. And it seems like its always the same situition; when a player collects all of the collectables needed to unlock a secret costume and when the costume is unlocked. You don't even have to buy the costume. And there are people who have replayed the entire game twice or more and getting the exact same save bug with the same conditions. I would consider this a major bug whether you're getting it or not because it is so reproducible and game killing.

And people have tried emailing Ubisoft and all they could suggest was to just delete and replay...-_-

That's true but it's far from most people. That was my point. Most people don't even complete games let alone find all the collectibles lol.

vladdamad

I don't know if this has been answered before, but does this game have the same bullshit as in the console version where getting all the viewpoints won't reveal the entirety of your map? Because that drove me insane while playing AC3, don't want to face the same problem here

Grisby

So I'm finally getting into a groove with this game and really enjoying it. The story is starting to make some more sense and I visited a new place.

The area I got to too was gorgeous. And it was a pretty fun mission up until this stupid motion sensing puzzle that didn't even respond correctly (
that move the ball deal in the caves
). Gah! One step froward and two steps back. And then my battery died.
Who thought this "look at a bright light with the Vita camera" crap was a good idea? Good lord.
This. Amen. I tried every light in my and finally it came up.

Noi

I don't know if it'll work for everyone, but I've actually found a workaround for the "look at a bright light with the Vita camera" things. I noticed that the game had mentioned turning the Vita around as well, so I tried doing just that instead of sticking the camera in front of the brightest light, and now I finish those things in just a few seconds with my camera's regular display light. Hell, one time I even did it without having a light source at all.

Those things are weird.

Grisby

I don't know if it'll work for everyone, but I've actually found a workaround for the "look at a bright light with the Vita camera" things. I noticed that the game had mentioned turning the Vita around as well, so I tried doing just that instead of sticking the camera in front of the brightest light, and now I finish those things in just a few seconds with my camera's regular display light. Hell, one time I even did it without having a light source at all.

Those things are weird.
I did that too and it worked better the second time. However, on the third it was seemingly borked. It worked but I don't know what I did. I looked like I was raving with my Vita.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
This. Amen. I tried every light in my and finally it came up.
Are you sure you are doing the right thing? What you need to do is keep the light source at the centre and rotate your vita until that circular knob starts glowing. I never needed to find a 'right' light source. Any one will do.

SmithnCo

Indeed. It was cool the first time in Uncharted, but doing it more than once is completely unnecessary. To make things worse, it doesn't even work well in AC.

Every time that prompt comes up, I immediately imagine how much of an idiot I must look like, holding my Vita up to different light sources. Next time I get one I'll try turning the Vita and see if it works. Seems like devs would've gotten over this stuff after the first wave of DS games where there were also a lot of weird shoehorned mechanics.

I'm seeing a fair amount of strange glitches as well, but I'm on the fourth sequence and still think it's pretty fun. The third area was quite nice looking, and I enjoyed the traversal part of it.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
So, just finished this. Did I got a band ending or
I'm really supposed to believe that "plot twist"? That a character that didn't do anything memorable turned out to be the big bad guy, without even the slightest hint that she wasn't anything more than background material, just a tad most important than the random fish salesman at the port

EGM92

Just a couple of questions:

I've got maybe 2-3 chests in the Bayu and New Orleans that have no chest associated with them. There is absolutely nothing in the area. Is this a bug or will something appear there later on in the game?

Do side quests like the bayou fever and gators eggs unlock anything besides trophies?

So, just finished this. Did I got a band ending or
I'm really supposed to believe that "plot twist"? That a character that didn't do anything memorable turned out to be the big bad guy, without even the slightest hint that she wasn't anything more than background material, just a tad most important than the random fish salesman at the port

Read the diary entries.
I suspected she was a Templar before that anyway, as she was a little too helpful with smuggling slaves out of New Orleans.

I'd agree that the story is undercooked though.

Just a couple of questions:

I've got maybe 2-3 chests in the Bayu and New Orleans that have no chest associated with them. There is absolutely nothing in the area. Is this a bug or will something appear there later on in the game?

Do side quests like the bayou fever and gators eggs unlock anything besides trophies?

1) The same exact thing happened to me. Pretty sure it's a bug.

2) I can't remember exactly but I think they do. Nothing important though.

Ah, I actually haven't run into any so no wonder.

The Assassin persona can't be taken down to 0 notoriety, it's always in the first stage (yellow?), so you may not be able to.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
1) The same exact thing happened to me. Pretty sure it's a bug.

2) I can't remember exactly but I think they do. Nothing important though.

The Assassin persona can't be taken down to 0 notoriety, it's always in the first stage (yellow?), so you may not be able to.

Well mine is in the red so I hope I can find one around.

Why, thank you! Now I will ignore collectables. I will at least try to finish game first.

Noi

Trying to synch 100% in this one mission but I'm not sure how to preform a double assassination.

Low or High profile? Both involve moving the cursor until both enemies are highlighted then pressing square. Of course, they have to be right next to each other.

Noi

Low I guess it's the
assassinate the fake Mackandal one.

Just did that mission real quick for ya!

Take out the first four guards using the blowgun. Climb up the trees to the right to take out the two guards up on catwalks. As should be obvious then, you can hop onto a tall tree stump and do a double air assassination on the two remaining guards. :)

Noi

Beat the game. Maybe it's because I got all the Citizen Es along the way, but I outside of one or two nitpicks, I don't see a big problem with the game's ending. Waaaay better than ACIII's, in any case.

Liberation feels like the real, fleshed out Assassin's Creed sequel that actually attempts to push the series forward with new tricks while ACIII is the dumbed down B-team side game that breaks more than it does well.

Sequence 8 where
Aveline meets up with Connor to raid a fort and both climb a huge frozen waterfall
should have been in ACIII as well.

Grisby

It's fine as long as you have the money for it, you can just pickpocket him right after and get your gold back :D

Are you sure you are doing the right thing? What you need to do is keep the light source at the centre and rotate your vita until that circular knob starts glowing. I never needed to find a 'right' light source. Any one will do.
I thought I was. I tried everything in the book.
Ball tilt puzzle can kiss my ass. Who decided to throw it in without testing it first?
I was pissed because it seemed like the tilt stuff became non responsive. What I did was before going into the puzzle was get in to a sitting position with my Vita laying flat. When it went into the puzzle I beat it in under the 2min mark. Seems like a calibration deal.

This game is pretty damn fun and my first asscreed game. It's a little rough around the edges but very fun nonetheless. Should I bother checking out 3 or is 2 the better game?

Noi

Damn what was the last thing you were doing?

I'd just finished collecting all the Alligator eggs and Diary pages. The only other collectible stuff I'm missing are the Persona-specific ones and the Mushrooms, so I'm not too flustered. Going through the Bayou JUST for the persona stuff will be much quicker than going for it, the diary pages AND eggs.

This game is pretty damn fun and my first asscreed game. It's a little rough around the edges but very fun nonetheless. Should I bother checking out 3 or is 2 the better game?

I would recomment the Ezio saga a million times before recommending 3.

Bittercup

I need help with the optional goals for Sequence 7 Memory 2 :/ "Don't swim and only melee attacks"
I clear the first camp, run over the trees on the other side of the river and air assassinate the guard there and his partner run on the next tree and kill the two guards on the small boat next to it but then I'm completely lost how I get back to the other side for the next camp.
There's a tree next to the small boat, but that leads me nowhere. And the boat I should protect is to far away to jump back on it.

Noi

I need help with the optional goals for Sequence 7 Memory 2 :/ "Don't swim and only melee attacks"
I clear the first camp, run over the trees on the other side of the river and air assassinate the guard there and his partner run on the next tree and kill the two guards on the small boat next to it but then I'm completely lost how I get back to the other side for the next camp.
There's a tree next to the small boat, but that leads me nowhere. And the boat I should protect is to far away to jump back on it.

What I did: When the boat goes far enough, a checkpoint triggers. I just went back to last checkpoint and automatically got placed in the right spot, lol

Bittercup

What I did: When the boat goes far enough, a checkpoint triggers. I just went back to last checkpoint and automatically got placed in the right spot, lol
Thank you so much. What a strangely broken mission...
I tried at least 20 times and every time fell in the water and failed. I would have never thought of just waiting for the next checkpoint and reloading as the solution to complete this mission :D

edit: oh nice. Finished the game and managed to get 100% sync with the rest of the missions (even though Sequence 9 was very hard) but didn't get the Trophy.
Looked through the DNA menu and Sequence 7 Memory 2 was still registered as failed o_O
Well and another try :|

Autofokus

I don't know if this has been answered before, but does this game have the same bullshit as in the console version where getting all the viewpoints won't reveal the entirety of your map? Because that drove me insane while playing AC3, don't want to face the same problem here
Yes, it's the same in Liberation. The areas are far smaller than in ACIII, so it's not _that_ bothersome, but surly still confusing why they did it. Makes the viewpoints mechanic kinda useless.

Noi

Yes, it's the same in Liberation. The areas are far smaller than in ACIII, so it's not _that_ bothersome, but surly still confusing why they did it. Makes the viewpoints mechanic kinda useless.

I didn't mind it as much in Liberation precisely because the areas are far smaller, though I'm almost certain the Viewpoints in this one still reveal more of the map than ACIII's do. That's the only type of reasoning you could use to explain that change, which makes some sense here, but not in ACIII where every area is god damn enormous.

Knocked off most of the Kill X this way trophies last night. Only missing Persona Collector, Climber, Hanger and Charming for the Plat.

vladdamad

Damn. I don't understand what possessed Ubisoft to change all these staple mechanics of the series and actually make them worse. Ah well, what can ya do

Cider X

Just bought this game. I'm impressed. Assassin's Creed in your pocket. Framerate isn't too hot but not much worse than AC3 on consoles :)
Looking forward to play some more. Any word from ubi regarding a second patch to fix the save corrupting issues?

Top Bottom