• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Unity |OT| Liberté, égalité, parité

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
If you wanna know where they're going with the story and what the new threat for the modern day is. This is the biggest hint contained in the game.

http://imgur.com/a/dOBVy

Also contained a mention of London, as in AC Victory.

I ordered a code from Amazon for Black Flag and Unity for 29.00. With all the patching I am assuming it is quite playable and a lot less glitchy .is it?

Koeta

any sort of workaround for the xbox one version where you are unable to move but you can still view your map? keep getting this game breaking bug and only thing I can do it restart the game as far as I can tell, that's pretty shitty.

any word if they are still trying to fix this game or is this as good as it's going to get? :x

Also good to have if you're playing the terrible, awful mobile companion that I played

Heh. Nope. Not touching the app :D

And thanks guys I bought all the social clubs.

Making a tidy 10700 per 20 mins.

Feels good.

Can someone explain the leveling to me again?

My sword and pistol are both 4-diamond rated, and my armor is a mix of 4 and 5 diamond stuff.

Yet my "level" is still only showing as 3/5. Does that factor in my skill upgrades as well?

RowdyReverb

Heh. Nope. Not touching the app :D

And thanks guys I bought all the social clubs.

Making a tidy 10700 per 20 mins.

Feels good.

Can someone explain the leveling to me again?

My sword and pistol are both 4-diamond rated, and my armor is a mix of 4 and 5 diamond stuff.

Yet my "level" is still only showing as 3/5. Does that factor in my skill upgrades as well?
I thought it was just based on gear, but I could be wrong. Maybe the HP upgrades play a role?

Lizardus

I thought it was just based on gear, but I could be wrong. Maybe the HP upgrades play a role?

Yeah I think its a weird mixture of gear and skills. I didn't get full 5 diamond rating when I had 5 diamond gear until I bought some of the skills from the last bunch of unlocks.

Silaerion

Neo Member
Can someone in the NeoGAF Club send me an invite? My PSN ID is Lithariel.

In addition, I'd love to run some Co-Op missions as well for completion purposes and the associated achievements. If you're interested, feel free to send me a friend request.

brau

Can someone in the NeoGAF Club send me an invite? My PSN ID is Lithariel.

In addition, I'd love to run some Co-Op missions as well for completion purposes and the associated achievements. If you're interested, feel free to send me a friend request.

add me up if you are home. I'll try to add you later when i get back from work. It would be nice to try the coop.

PSN: glottis8

It's gear based averages out I have zero health upgrades or melee just stealth and ranged still 5 diamond due to gear

Can you explain why mine is still 3 diamonds then?

I have:

5-diamond sword
4-diamond pistol
All 5-diamond clothing (head, chest, forearms, waist, legs)

brau

Sure thing, friend request sent!

Accepted.

BTW... i feel like with the latest patch things did get a lot better, and i have to say i am having a good time playing the game.

I really do hate all the popping on the NPCs clothes tho. But... at least its a lot smoother, and the game is not breaking often.

Hystzen

Can you explain why mine is still 3 diamonds then?

I have:

5-diamond sword
4-diamond pistol
All 5-diamond clothing (head, chest, forearms, waist, legs)

Mmmmm I literally have no clue it doesn't matter anyway I did few 4 diamond missions for the Cafe after just getting robes. Long you know to use tools to distract and take out people be know issues. I like fact that 4-5 diamond missions could mean I'm one shotted by snipers made me look and plan for once in a creed game.

Im tempted do a zero gear upgrade run and only have envio blending upgrade with lock picks for challenge

RoKKeR

Just started on this the other day and I'm really enjoying it.

Is there any way to filter items on the map? Holy shit there is WAY too much on it, it's impossible to get any information at a quick glance with how cluttered it is.

Also, am I the only one who thinks the sound is just off in this game? I'm playing with a good set of headphones and it's like the soundscape lacks range/bass and is overloaded with reverb... footsteps and voices all sound cheap and thin, it's weird and I'm wondering if I'm not alone.

I can confirm skills factor in to your rating.

Was 3 diamonds, upgraded my skills to Health II and instantly went to 4 diamonds. Bought a 5 diamond pistol to replace my 4 diamond pistol and now I'm rated 5 diamonds.

That's all it took! I know it doesn't really matter but I just had to have the best rating, lol.

And jesus christ that framerate during Sequence 5 Memory 1 where you
listen in on that meeting in the hotel and find out they're going to ambush Elise
. Felt like single digits at times =\

RowdyReverb

I can confirm skills factor in to your rating.

Was 3 diamonds, upgraded my skills to Health II and instantly went to 4 diamonds. Bought a 5 diamond pistol to replace my 4 diamond pistol and now I'm rated 5 diamonds.

That's all it took! I know it doesn't really matter but I just had to have the best rating, lol.

And jesus christ that framerate during Sequence 5 Memory 1 where you
listen in on that meeting in the hotel and find out they're going to ambush Elise
. Felt like single digits at times =
Worst framerate in the game for me was the memory where you're running near water, can't remember if you're there yet. Actually put the game down for a couple weeks after that level to wait for patches.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
No whistling to get guards attention is shit and no human shield is just annoying.

SJRB

Gold Member
No whistling to get guards attention is shit and no human shield is just annoying.

So bizarre how they forgot that. Crouch button is a step in the right direction but almost everything feels like an afterthought.

I'll never understand how no one from that 1000-people dev team stood up and said "hey guys, you know that Splinter Cell Blacklist game we made..? That had some pretty good stealth, maybe we should try and use some of its concepts"

WGMBY

So bizarre how they forgot that. Crouch button is a step in the right direction but almost everything feels like an afterthought.

I'll never understand how no one from that 1000-people dev team stood up and said "hey guys, you know that Splinter Cell Blacklist game we made..? That had some pretty good stealth, maybe we should try and use some of its concepts"

I'm still blown away that Splinter Cell conviction got the cover controls so good, and then UBI never used that again. The trigger hold for getting in and out of cover was a great idea, and it hasn't been in anything since then

brau

I'm still blown away that Splinter Cell conviction got the cover controls so good, and then UBI never used that again. The trigger hold for getting in and out of cover was a great idea, and it hasn't been in anything since then

i thought the Blacklist team was helping out with Unity.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Not to mention no moving body's in a stealth game, it's ridiculous man

That too. Bet they'll add this shit in next game and hope everyone will think they awesome for 'expanding the gameplay' or some shit.

SJRB

Gold Member
Act 9 final mission
with the hot air balloon escape
was really cool. Fun idea, awesome weather effects, routing was solid [no choke points]. And a nice cutscene to boot.

Unity certainly has some of the best mission design in the series.

RowdyReverb

I didn't realize until late in the game that pressing A (X) as the target indicator glows red will cause you to dodge the shot. Same button as Human Shield in AC4, but I guess they felt it was OP to instakill an enemy. It's true though that I used it for easy brute kills in AC4.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I decided to play some more of this, went to my Steam library and... the title was grayed out.
I just played it a couple days ago and I know I didn't uninstall. What the fuck.
EDIT: I looked in my Steam folder and there's still a 41.7GB folder of Unity files in there. Whatwhatwhat

Crossing Eden

Actual gameplay screenshot.

04_ACU_DK_Screenshot_Market_Chase_Final_1420537485.jpg

And bullshot 3d artwork.
10_ACU_DK_Screenshot_Guillotine_Gun_Cemetary_Final_1420537490.jpg

Soon.
ACU_DK_Concept_Art_Arno_1420537439.jpg

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Oh my god.
I just methodically stealth killed like three quarters of the guards at this execution. Then I went up to kill the last sniper in the area. I went above him, and even though I had a clear view of his whole body the game decided he wasn't a valid target, or something. So I dropped down and snuck across the room behind him. Oh wait... you can't stealth kill someone across a window frame like you can in every other game with stealth. Ok fine, I thought, I'll just hop up right behind him.
/proceeds to jump over him and like 20 feet away from the building, right into the middle of all of the remaining guards

They removed whistles, diving while swimming and moving bodies.

And hiding in grass/bushes.

Crossing Eden

Oh my god.
I just methodically stealth killed like three quarters of the guards at this execution. Then I went up to kill the last sniper in the area. I went above him, and even though I had a clear view of his whole body the game decided he wasn't a valid target, or something. So I dropped down and snuck across the room behind him. Oh wait... you can't stealth kill someone across a window frame like you can in every other game with stealth. Ok fine, I thought, I'll just hop up right behind him.
You are definitely able to kill people in a window frame while taking cover next to the window. And were you pressing on the left stick while above him so that Arno and the camera leans down for a better view of what's below you?

SJRB

Gold Member
If guards spot you, all you do is take cover behind a corner and "stealth" kill them one at a time as they come running, it's hilarious.

The animations are incredible, though.

Crossing Eden

If guards spot you, all you do is take cover behind a corner and "stealth" kill them one at a time as they come running, it's hilarious.

The animations are incredible, though.
This is funny when it happens, third guy usually triggers the combat stance from my experience if there's more than two alerted enemies.

Trashbat

after giving this a second chance I'm very much coming round to this now. If they can learn from the poor optimization mistakes, Victory has some real potential. Ubi really need to do something with the modern day side of things though. |Yes the Desmond stuff wasn't fantastic but it was a million times better than the stuff they've done in Black Flag / Unity.

TAJ

You are definitely able to kill people in a window frame while taking cover next to the window. And were you pressing on the left stick while above him so that Arno and the camera leans down for a better view of what's below you?

What? Why would I take cover first? Cover makes you crouch lower than crouch. It makes no sense that doing that would require taking a stance that would make it more difficult to achieve. Also, how are you supposed to take cover while hanging? (when applicable, which it wasn't there)
To the second... I went all the way to the edge and moved the camera so it was pointing straight down. His whole body was exposed. There was even gap between him and the edge of the roof. It worked on my next playthrough even though I did the exact same thing.

brau

game just crashed hard on me. froze and could not close the game. set the ps4 to turn off and it just bricked. had to unplug it and now its checking storage. bah... this game is fun, but it sometimes pisses me off.

i wasn't even doing anything special. just running towards an objective.

malfcn

Yeah, corner cover kills can be exploited. Even in full alert I've ran around a corner and stacked up kills one after another.

bumpkin

Grr, the brokenness of the Companion App content is driving me mad. I've completed all of the missions -- including the 24 hour retrieval bullshit after the fact -- yet I'm still missing at least one Paris Story icon on my map in every district; my completion totals all say like 1/2, 3/4, etc. even though I've done all the ones I saw.

Also, is nobody playing this online anymore? I was searching for partners last night to do some of the co-op missions and kept going 2 minutes or more searching before it just gave up.

...anyone still have the XB1 version who wants to do some co-op/heist missions sometime? :)

brau

Grr, the brokenness of the Companion App content is driving me mad. I've completed all of the missions -- including the 24 hour retrieval bullshit after the fact -- yet I'm still missing at least one Paris Story icon on my map in every district; my completion totals all say like 1/2, 3/4, etc. even though I've done all the ones I saw.

Also, is nobody playing this online anymore? I was searching for partners last night to do some of the co-op missions and kept going 2 minutes or more searching before it just gave up.

...anyone still have the XB1 version who wants to do some co-op/heist missions sometime? :)

ah.. you are on XB1... i am on PS4.

but i am online right now if anyone want to try the coop.

PSN glottis8

Charles

I'm trying to get back to this game after getting distracted by Dragon Age, but even after the updates it's still pretty buggy.

I can't seem to progress in the Nostradamus enigma (Virgo) mission. I found the icon for the first riddle but it isn't letting me interact with it. also, for some reason I have a progress marker permanently activated that leads to absolutely nothing at all. I can't seem to change it, thought I can set other markers it gets very confusing when a lot of things are going on on screen and both markers are pointing in opposite directions.

Did anyone have any similar problems and were they able to fix them? (PS4 version BTW)
zpXINDD.jpg
y77qtCx.jpg

TAJ

I just finished the game. Man, after playing the whole game on full Ultra at 1440p downsampled to 1080p the prerendered segment of the ending was like being stabbed in the eyes.

SJRB

Gold Member
Is it me or is this game missing an epilogue or something to tie it all together? I just finished the game and even though I enjoyed the overall story a hell of a lot, the ending makes zero sense.

Suddenly Arno is wearing a Master Assassin outfit even though he got kicked out of the Order. In fact, from what I understand of his ending monologue he even states that the Assassins and Templars are stupid. Then this bizarre cutscene with Napoleon where they hide the Sage's bones. What? Why? How does Arno know?

What was the point of the Sage anyway? Where is the big revelation? How is the Sage using a fucking lightning sword? It's a piece of Eden, but why is this never explained? What did the Sage find in the Temple, what was written in the book?

After the credits I went to the Assassin Hideout and walked up to them like "I think you owe me a huge apology, you stupid, decadent motherfuckers", but nothing. No interaction whatsoever, no acknowledgement of anything that just happened.

Also, Elise's death was 100% unnecessary and a total waste.

Overall the game was really good, but I hate sloppy stuff like this.

Subject16

Is it me or is this game missing an epilogue or something to tie it all together? I just finished the game and even though I enjoyed the overall story a hell of a lot, the ending makes zero sense.

Suddenly Arno is wearing a Master Assassin outfit even though he got kicked out of the Order. In fact, from what I understand of his ending monologue he even states that the Assassins and Templars are stupid. Then this bizarre cutscene with Napoleon where they hide the Sage's bones. What? Why? How does Arno know?

What was the point of the Sage anyway? Where is the big revelation? How is the Sage using a fucking lightning sword? It's a piece of Eden, but why is this never explained? What did the Sage find in the Temple, what was written in the book?

After the credits I went to the Assassin Hideout and walked up to them like "I think you owe me a huge apology, you stupid, decadent motherfuckers", but nothing. No interaction whatsoever, no acknowledgement of anything that just happened.

Read from here. Everything is explained.

Crossing Eden

I feel like this will bridge the gap between the first part of the ending and the epilogue.
ACU_Dead_Kings_DLC_keyart.jpg

The Sage, like all sages are a reincarnation of Juno's husband. And naturally wants humanity to once again be under control. So what he does is basically cause and heighten the french revolution so that people would fear freedom. It technically worked, as the revolution was ridiculously violent. And the sword of eden is naturally a piece of eden. Both templars and assassins want them, regardless of what it is, this isn't the fist sword of eden in the series. Also remember to read Elise's final letter, she didn't need saving and died fighting for what she believed in even at the expense of her own life. And without her decision Germain might've gotten away yet again.

Silaerion

Neo Member
I'm trying to get back to this game after getting distracted by Dragon Age, but even after the updates it's still pretty buggy.

I can't seem to progress in the Nostradamus enigma (Virgo) mission. I found the icon for the first riddle but it isn't letting me interact with it. also, for some reason I have a progress marker permanently activated that leads to absolutely nothing at all. I can't seem to change it, thought I can set other markers it gets very confusing when a lot of things are going on on screen and both markers are pointing in opposite directions.

Did anyone have any similar problems and were they able to fix them? (PS4 version BTW)
zpXINDD.jpg
y77qtCx.jpg

Are you certain that's the answer to the first riddle? If it's part of the later riddles in the chain, you won't be able to interact with it. Also, I don't know if it makes a difference or not, but make sure the Virgo mission is your current active one.

As for the marker, that looks like a Helix one made by the companion application. If you find the marker on the map, you can select it and then remove it be pressing Square.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

Basically this yeah.

Top Bottom