• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
So do Razer make crap mice? I've had my razer naga for less than a year and used it only on one of their gaming mats and the laser seems to be failing.

If I move the cursor right across the screen it will hitch about the centre of the screen for half a sec. I've tried different usb ports, updated firmware and drivers. Driving me insane.

I used to have an old microsoft $20 laser mouse that has gone strong for years and years, still works.

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Pro_gear

Ningo

hmm plugged it into one of the usb ports on the back of the motherboard and seems to be better. Previously had it in one of the front ports on case, maybe wasn't getting enough juice?

hamchan

So do Razer make crap mice? I've had my razer naga for less than a year and used it only on one of their gaming mats and the laser seems to be failing.

If I move the cursor right across the screen it will hitch about the centre of the screen for half a sec. I've tried different usb ports, updated firmware and drivers. Driving me insane.

I used to have an old microsoft $20 laser mouse that has gone strong for years and years, still works.
From what I gathered when I was researching mech keyboards, I think Razer has a bit of a reputation for making stuff that breaks.

I'm still using an MX518. One of the best mice ever made.

Ningo

In other news had the 2nd interview for a job I applied for over 20 days ago, I rang 10 days ago to see what was up and they said they were moving towards the more experienced applicant but hadn't made a decision and would get back to me.

Still waiting :/ Nice to see experienced workers stealing graduate positions from graduates. But I've also applied for one in the finance department of a council so hopefully I'll hear from them soon.

Jintor

In other news had the 2nd interview for a job I applied for over 20 days ago, I rang 10 days ago to see what was up and they said they were moving towards the more experienced applicant but hadn't made a decision and would get back to me.

Still waiting :/ Nice to see experienced workers stealing graduate positions from graduates. But I've also applied for one in the finance department of a council so hopefully I'll hear from them soon.

It's tough all over :<

Ningo

Yea I got it for the extra buttons but like only use 3 of the 12 side buttons as my hand is too big and feels to clunky to use any of the others. That and pressing the keyboard just 'feels' better like I know it's going to register properly.

ummm. GTFO. thanks.

I have been using razer products for 6 years now, nothing i have has ever broken or been of crap quality.

Also....you bought a naga, lol

Shaneus

DONT THINK FEEL!

You are in a shop and have 3 mother boards in front of you.

Asrock, Gigabyte or Asus.

Which do you get?!
I'd go Asrock, it's either cheaper than the others or packs more in for the same price. Couldn't be happier with mine (this is coming from a Gigabyte and prior to that, Asus).

On that note, anyone interested in an X38 Socket 775 Gigabyte motherboard? It's an insanely good bit of kit that I just have no use for anymore.

Yagharek

At least you heard back from them - well, sort of. Some companies I applied for I never heard back from (and only found out when I chased them up 1 month after the interview).

Ningo

ummm. GTFO. thanks.

I have been using razer products for 6 years now, nothing i have has ever broken or been of crap quality.

Also....you bought a naga, lol

Nice that you haven't been having any issues but the mouse has been driving me nuts the last three days. Just because you haven't had any issues doesn't mean others don't. If I move the mouse fast its fine but if I move it slow ala to fine target something it hitches, I've tried each polling rate as well.

markot

Banned
>_<;

Go to MSY, pick up one of 20 boxes of the mother boards I want, ask the guy for an i5 2500k, gets them.

'thatll be 340ish bucks!'
'heres my card'
'Just wait I need to ring someone........'
'...................'
'Sorry, I cant sell you these motherboards, do you still want the cpu?'

>_>

May as well use PCCG I guess...

HolyCheck

The link I posted should give you some sollace, with that many pro players using them (even players who's teams are sponsered by other companies) surely they're doing something right!

Nice that you haven't been having any issues but the mouse has been driving me nuts the last three days. Just because you haven't had any issues doesn't mean others don't. If I move the mouse fast its fine but if I move it slow ala to fine target something it hitches, I've tried each polling rate as well.

Now that i have spammed against your hate of Razer.

I suggest checking forum/Call razer/check with store for replacement.

It does sound like your laser may be broken/faulty. I would have tried drivers 1st too

markot

Banned
How come there are no 'classy' computer companies though?

Even Alienware has that stupid shtick.

And products in 2012 (From ASROCK) are still FATAL1TY Branded! I cant support a company that supports such stupidity!

Rahk

My Lachesis had similar issues.

2/4 Razer products I've owned have had problems.

My Deathadder has been good for over a year though.

Ningo

Maybe there is just no synergy between their gaming mats and the naga as I am now just using it on my desk and its working fine lol.

But strange that it had worked fine on the mat for close to a year.

HolyCheck

Sydney airport is god damn horrible.

No free wifi, all chairs have individual seat dividers, and I've found 2 powerpoints in 2 hours.

Wtf is this shitck?

Rahk

While we talk about meeting up...

SydGAF Board Gamers... When will our next day be? Probably best if we keep it to Sundays. I can currently do any upcoming day. Which Sunday's are good for the rest of you? Also, anybody else interested in joining in that didn't express interest for the first?
I should be free most Sundays.

Shaneus

>_<;

Go to MSY, pick up one of 20 boxes of the mother boards I want, ask the guy for an i5 2500k, gets them.

'thatll be 340ish bucks!'
'heres my card'
'Just wait I need to ring someone........'
'...................'
'Sorry, I cant sell you these motherboards, do you still want the cpu?'

>_>

May as well use PCCG I guess...
Did they say why? Normally they're pretty good with stock. I always put in an order online though (or call) before I pick up just to make sure. I was lucky in that regard, as they were out of that 212 whatever CPU HSF at the time I was on the lookout, ended up "settling" for the Macho which, by all accounts, seems to be far superior.

What's the best SSD to go for these days, folks? I'm thinking I might get a faster 128gb and use the one I have now as a kind of "secondary" boot device, possibly for tinkering with Win8.

grrrrrrrr
As if Radiohead fans weren't mopey enough to start with.

The link I posted should give you some sollace, with that many pro players using them (even players who's teams are sponsered by other companies) surely they're doing something right!
Well, yeah, they're supplying pro players with equipment for free so 1) there's no attachment to having spent the money and 2) they probably don't give a crap when they break, because another free one will come soon.

Ningo

Yea, not my thing. I'm 24 and I basically listen to Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Audioslave, Live (Throwing Copper), John Frusciante, Temple of the dog and Bush. Oh and some foo fighters.

remz

How come there are no 'classy' computer companies though?

Even Alienware has that stupid shtick.

And products in 2012 (From ASROCK) are still FATAL1TY Branded! I cant support a company that supports such stupidity!

Das Keyboard is pretty classy. I think computer stuff is getting better in that regard.

Yea, not my thing. I'm 24 and I basically listen to Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Audioslave, Live (Throwing Copper), John Frusciante, Temple of the dog and Bush. Oh and some foo fighters.
Not even Karma Police? Creep? High and Dry? Fake Plastic Trees? Paranoid Android? :O :O

You know, seeing that you listen to those bands makes it even crazier. Would have thought you'd have heard Paranoid Android at least.

marvin.jpg

jambo

I've never heard a radiohead song, or if I have, I haven't known it was them. Off to youtube.

OK Computer
Creep
You
Reckoner
Pyramid Song
The National Anthem
You and Whose Army
House of Cards
Idioteque
Everything in Its Right Place
Fake Plastic Trees
Street Spirit (Fade Out)
Codex
Airbag
The Tourist
Subterranean Homesick Alien
Go to Sleep (Little Man Being Erased.)
Bodysnatchers
Separator

And so, sooo many more.

EDIT: Also True Love Waits!!!

So you like Rage Against the Machine?

Rahk

You can't really judge based on one or two songs on YouTube as their sound constantly changes.

So working in the telecommunications industry the following things have piqued my interest over the past few days:

- Austar & foxtel giving up some of their exclusive content to ISP's as part of their merger
- Telstra releasing stupidly expensive NBN plans and making you keep your copper line in order to be able to go on one

Top Bottom