• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Salty that I forgot to watch the cricket. Massive destroyation by India after Sri Lanka posted a huge score. Means India are through unless SL beat us as India have the better heads up rating according to Cricinfo.

Choc

Banned
SSX

9/10 Eurogamer

edit: Reptile you missed Malinga being schooled like an amatuer

Sri Lanka had no answer. There was almost a 4 every ball.

SSX

9/10 Eurogamer

edit: Reptile you missed Malinga being schooled like an amatuer

Sri Lanka had no answer. There was almost a 4 every ball.

Saw his 12 an over rate. LOL. Talk about turning to shit, it was the opposite a week ago. Kohli really is the difference between India getting rolled and hitting it out of the park. Future captain without a doubt.

RE: 9/10
Happier that they gave Catherine a 9/10 and Binary Domain a 8/10.

The 9/10 for Gravity Daze makes it SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much harder to not grab a Vita soon.

Asura's Wrath getting an 8/10 was surprising. Might have to pick it up eventually.

Shaneus

The story is you guys don't read my posts :(
I wasn't spending a lot of time on AusGAF last week, it was too busy at work and at home I was cleaning up for an inspection. Sorry :(

You REALLY don't read my posts! Arsehole. Was $151AUD shipped but it has gone up $20 again. There is a really awesome site that graphs the change in prices on Amazon. Any way give it a few days as they are constantly fluctuating. I will, AGAIN, post the OzBargain when it pops up.
I remember when you originally mentioned it, but I was more looking for actual specs (or first-hand impressions) on them and how they related to the big boys like the Intel and OCZ. Again, sorry :(

Also, you got my hopes up when you mentioned the D&D pack. I was hoping you were talking about stuff like this:
250px-Pool_of_Radiance_Coverart.png

markot

Banned
The only good thing to come out of Dungeons and Dragons is that episode from Community.

"I won dungeons and dragons... And it was advanced!'

hamchan

Watched latest Walking Dead episode. 2nd half of this season has been fantastic so far. Time to read the GAF thread and see how much they hated all the eps I liked.

EDIT: Time to stop reading because of all the comic book spoilers.

Ningo

So I found a video of someone with the same problem I am having with my razer naga mouse
Except it doesn't matter what surface I use it on, it will work ok just on my desk for a little while but then it starts to screw up again. Here's hoping I can find my receipt otherwise I may have to go get a g500 tomorrow.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=516Oo9zSR_8

It is a piece of shit

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
What am I doing with my liiiiiiiiiiiife. Guuuuh.

Miserable as miserable can be.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Every Uni uses Blackboard, and it still sucks balls. Doesn't matter where it is.

Incorrect. At Monash we use Moodle and it is the shit. Fast, simple and easily to use across platforms. Blackboard has been phased out in our faculty and I believe across most of the uni by next year. We also recently had out online lecture services upgraded to work on iOS and other mobile platforms. The IT faculty is just fantastic about making everything needed easily available.

Even the library online interface has become a tad better recently, which is truly shocking.

Can anyone at Melbourne comment on how their LMS is nowadays? When I was there they were still kind of transitioning over to it and it wasn't fantastic. Their portal was also terrible. Granted, the Music faculty isn't exactly the most technologically literate set of administrators.

Danoss

The only good thing to come out of Dungeons and Dragons is that episode from Community.

"I won dungeons and dragons... And it was advanced!'

One of my favourite episodes of Community ever.

The best thing to come out of D&D is the entire RPG industry. I love my roleplaying on the weekends, it's so much fun.

Don't forget all modern RPGs are a descendant of D&D so if you like Baldur's Gate, Dragon Age or Mass Effect (not a BioWare fan, in fact I find them boring) or anything at all similar, you have D&D to thank for it.

The best thing to come out of D&D is the entire RPG industry.
We should probably thank Tolkien then, too.

Can anyone at Melbourne comment on how their LMS is nowadays?
I don't specifically know about their LMS, but I do know that Melbourne is far behind on their timetabling software and somewhat behind on their space management software. Apparently they still have multiple mailservers and each area responsible for them doesn't want to give them up rather than seeing the light of having one centrally-managed mailserver.

Kritz

Banned

DND's influence has spread a little wider in the world than an episode of Community. For example, every video game ever.

edit: darn it danoss i was eating breakfast with this tab open whaaaarg

Omikron

Please stop talking about LMS's, I am currently quoting on some work to integrate our main product with them. (ie. any LMS known to man, hopefully)

legend166

Bakhtanians: You can’t. You can’t because they’re one and the same thing. This is a community that’s, you know, 15 or 20 years old, and the sexual harassment is part of a culture, and if you remove that from the fighting game community, it’s not the fighting game community--it’s StarCraft. There’s nothing wrong with StarCraft if you enjoy it, and there’s nothing wrong with anything about eSports, but why would you want just one flavor of ice cream, you know? There’s eSports for people who like eSports, and there’s fighting games for people who like spicy food and like to have fun. There’s no reason to turn them into the same thing, you know?

You can’t go to the NBA and say “hey, I like basketball, but I don’t want them to play with a basketball, I want them to play with a football.” It just doesn’t...it doesn’t make sense to have that attitude, you know? These things are established for years. That would be like someone from the fighting game community going over to StarCraft and trying to say “hey, StarCraft, you guys are too soft, let’s start making sexual harassment jokes to each other on StarCraft.” That’s not cool, people wouldn’t like that. StarCraft isn’t like that. People would get defensive, and that’s what you’re trying to do the fighting game community, and it’s not right. It’s ethically wrong.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever read.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
What am I doing with my liiiiiiiiiiiife. Guuuuh.

Miserable as miserable can be.

Same. I have no direction or thought as to what I should be doing with my life, So i've just kinda settled on this shit and going with the slow flow of it all.

I wish I had a job I enjoyed and got paid well for. Hell I wish I had a job I enjoyed and got the same amount of pay I do now, 40k isn't much at all but I do believe I can live off it without any major issues.

Although I totally did just realise I probably need house and contents insurance if I ever do buy a place. Ok, So maybe i'm screwed.

Get me a job at Sony or some other game joint choc. I can sit on the internet like you do all day and get paid big bucks.

hamchan

In the FGC people scream out "RAPE THAT BITCH!" and no one bats an eyelid.

In the Starcraft community, IdrA leaves a game without saying "GG" and everyone is outraged at how rude he is.

Choc

Banned
Same. I have no direction or thought as to what I should be doing with my life, So i've just kinda settled on this shit and going with the slow flow of it all.

I wish I had a job I enjoyed and got paid well for. Hell I wish I had a job I enjoyed and got the same amount of pay I do now, 40k isn't much at all but I do believe I can live off it without any major issues.

Although I totally did just realise I probably need house and contents insurance if I ever do buy a place. Ok, So maybe i'm screwed.

Get me a job at Sony or some other game joint choc. I can sit on the internet like you do all day and get paid big bucks.

if only

cookie i work pretty much 24/7. Always thinking about shit with work, its very hard to turn off in a role like this.

Jintor

Hey, journalism! and Games!

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/when-passions-flare-lines-are-crossed/4006/

Pretty damn disgraceful events tbh. Fucking childish and offensive.

Everyone in the Cross Counter threads is going off about poor journalism, which I can see on the part of Destructoid and maybe Kotaku, but the GB report is pretty well-written in my opinion. It's not Patrick's fault nobody involved wants to talk - at that point all he can do is draw his own conclusions.

Omikron

Everyone in the Cross Counter threads is going off about poor journalism, which I can see on the part of Destructoid and maybe Kotaku, but the GB report is pretty well-written in my opinion. It's not Patrick's fault nobody involved wants to talk - at that point all he can do is draw his own conclusions.

They are likely coming from a biased position, as fans, so I can understand that response.

As you say, if people don't want to talk, makes it difficult to report 'their' side of the story. The audio/video is somewhat damning though.

hamchan

Patrick has always been a great journalist and his article about this is completely fine. I think the fans are just QQing because this whole incident is sinking the already poor reputation of the FGC.

remz

GB article seems fairly well written... I dunno who this Bakhtanians guy is (he plays tekken?) but he sounds like an idiot.

I think the fighting games/sexism thing is exaggerated, but maybe I'm just numb to that sort of thing.

jambo

Hey, journalism! and Games!

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/when-passions-flare-lines-are-crossed/4006/

Pretty damn disgraceful events tbh. Fucking childish and offensive.

Rea: When I go to SoCal regionals and I see a Phoenix [from Marvel vs. Capcom 3] on main stage getting blown up and there’s some dude in the audience just yelling “Bitch! Bitch!” every time she gets hit and then she killed and goes “Yeah, rape that bitch!” Yeah, that’s totally acceptable! Really? Really? You’re going to tell me that’s acceptable?

Bakhtanians: Look, man. What is unacceptable about that? There’s nothing unacceptable about that. These are people, we’re in America, man, this isn’t North Korea. We can say what we want. People get emotional.

o__o

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Welp. What I thought would be my first chance to sleep properly since friday night turned into a nightmare! Went to bed aroud 8pm, set my alarm for 11pm as a friend was coming over after enter shikari, so I figured I'd crack out an hours work on documentation for very important meeting I have today. Low and behold, friend calls me asking for my address for the taxi, sounds quite drunk but what evs, had a good night right? Then 20 minutes later the buzzer rings so I let her in, teary, confused as fuck. Hadn't had a single drop of alcohol. But had been front centre against the front stage railing so she'd been kicked in the head that much that she barely had any idea where she was or why she was in melbourne. Anyway I quickly saved my work to my usb then put it into my work comp to copy stuff over when I got the chance. Next two hours were making small talk and drinking some water to make sure she wasn't concussed (massive lumps. And her arms and ribs all hurting. So as she got more coherrent and I was sure it wasn't a concussion (consulted a doctor and nurse (family/friends) I got to copying my work folder from the USB to my work laptop. Then walked back and played some more go fish. Went back to the laptop... Realised what I'd done. Copied a folder of the same name.. Replacing 90% of the notes and documentation I had for todays meeting.

So I set my alarm for 5am rather than 9am (permission from the boss to come in late) woke up at 5am and got crackin.

Friends all ok, just got a taxi then, and I'm on my way to the office with 1.5 hours till meeting and about 65% of the documentation re done.

Maybe tonight I can sleep?

No. Hospital operation at 7am ;_;

Edit: hospital just called, been moved to 6:30am as I'm first in the queue!

Top Bottom