• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 9 - F*** Off, We're Full (Of People With Different Ethnic Backgrounds)

Played Kingsburg tonight, with a stack of modules from the expansion set.

7pwUZSm.png

Kinda fun light dice roller.

Great photo. Game board looks interesting. Shall Google it now.

Shaneus

In more interesting news that people actually want to hear about, BADNED (known MS insider and maybe employee of Turn 10? I dunno) posted this in the PGR5 speculation thread:
The laid down rubber illustrates your art of driving!

Obvious reference to Kudos. Pretty sure that's PGR5 confirmation!

^_^

PS. Jintor wasn't fucking wrong about pressing X a LOT toward the start of P4G. Being already lethargic from sickness, I didn't need any help with dozing off. Ugh. It had better get better from here (here being it's the start of the second day of school).

Apparently, Little Johnny wanted to tax your food:

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...-taxed-tucker-says-howard-20130515-2jmj2.html

Former Prime Minister John Howard has once again lamented losing the battle to have food included in the goods and services tax package.

Speaking to 2100 Queensland business leaders in a post-budget breakfast, Mr Howard said a GST on essential foods would have put the states in a much better position to ride out the economic slowdown.

Mr Howard said it took 25 years for the tax reform to become a reality and added if John Hewson had managed to sell the policy during the 1993 election “we would've been in a much better economic position”.

Seriously, could this guy be any more of a douche canoe if he tried.

Stackboy

So has GT6 been announced only for PS3? This sounds insane. Doesn't Sony have a new console coming out this year, uuuhhhhh the PS4?

GT6 being for PS3 when PS4 is on the horizon isn't that weird. The PS3 had been out for a third of a year when God of War 2 released on PS2.

I guess you could make the argument that GT is a bigger system seller and therefore they're missing a trick, but in a more general sense there's precedent for this kind of thing.

Gazunta

I think it's more to do with the fact that Polyphony are one of the slowest development studios in the known world and if you moved them over to PS4 then GT6 wouldn't be out until 2016 at the earliest. It's a minor miracle GT5 came out at all.

I made a comic about typing Atari Breakout into Google.

GT5 had a rough development considering so much time was spent on the microDLC model version before they decided to do a fully fledged GT5 instead.

Will enjoy my PGR4/GT6 combo! Both just feel right to me.

On that note, Shaneus are the PGR servers down? Finally popped in PGR4 again the other night but couldn't upload any photos or videos. Had an awesome kudos run to put up :(

So has GT6 been announced only for PS3? This sounds insane. Doesn't Sony have a new console coming out this year, uuuhhhhh the PS4?
Don't really know what they're thinking.

Glad you guys aren't running my business!

GT5 has sold over 10 million copies on PS3.

There are currently ZERO PS4's in peoples homes.

GT6 will have a massive install base that will eat the game up, just as they did with GT2 on PSOne and GT4 on PS2.

GT6 Spec 2 will come out on PS4 next June or maybe even in August if there is a bit of a drought. Why cannibalise sales? There is money to be made!

PS4 has a solid launch lineup, adding GT6 to the lineup means Drive Club will suffer immensely. Keep in mind that racing games are huge for them in Europe, half the lifetime sales of the GT series are in Europe. That's over 35 million!

Rahk

Looks like Steam will be getting chat emoticons according to one of these badges.
Edit: Bah, it seems to constantly be changing, but it was there under the Community Ambassador badge, I swear!
Edit 2: Oh, I guess it's not actually an emoticon at all.
What is a Steam Emoticon?
An emoticon is a small image, themed for a particular game, that you get from crafting a Game Badge. You can insert it in Steam chats, discussion board posts, comment threads, etc. You can see the emoticon in your Steam Inventory and you can trade it to other users, or put it up for sale on the Steam Community Market.

Also, here's an example of some Dota 2 cards.

3DS XL is $199 at JB.

Also 360 250GB +
Kinect +
Dance Central 2 GoD code +
Arkham City GoD code +
Kinect Adventures +
Kinect Sports +
Darksiders 2 +
HDMI Cable +
1 month LIVE GOLD for $289 at the same retailer.

Swiftkey 4 on Android is $2 (Freds approved!)

I just found out about this VigLink thing. VERY MEH.
Quoting in case anyone missed the opt out

Imma go on lockdown to avoid all knowledge of this stuff existing :/

legend166

I think it's more to do with the fact that Polyphony are one of the slowest development studios in the known world and if you moved them over to PS4 then GT6 wouldn't be out until 2016 at the earliest. It's a minor miracle GT5 came out at all.

I made a comic about typing Atari Breakout into Google.

Yeah but now you're looking at a PS4 Gran Turismo not coming out until 2017 at the earliest.

3DS XL for $199?

Hmmmmmm.

HMMMMMMM.

r1chard

So I'm going to be looking for a new Internet connection soon. I've been on Optus cable for so long, but they don't really sell that any more and I hear ADSL2+ is the shizzle or something.

Er. Basically, what should I go for to get good Steam (and PSN, lol) download speed? :)

I heard once that Internode was the thing with their own Steam download server and stuff.

Kritz

Banned
0FLcRnCh.jpg

God, talk about continuity errors. Whoever directed the fat-ass and the suspiciously well groomed man in the background should be shot.

Stackboy

Glad you guys aren't running my business!

GT5 has sold over 10 million copies on PS3.

There are currently ZERO PS4's in peoples homes.

GT6 will have a massive install base that will eat the game up, just as they did with GT2 on PSOne and GT4 on PS2.

GT6 Spec 2 will come out on PS4 next June or maybe even in August if there is a bit of a drought. Why cannibalise sales? There is money to be made!

PS4 has a solid launch lineup, adding GT6 to the lineup means Drive Club will suffer immensely. Keep in mind that racing games are huge for them in Europe, half the lifetime sales of the GT series are in Europe. That's over 35 million!

You're right. I totally forgot about Drive Club.

Fredescu

Hey Hey It's Saturday used to have a segment for continuity errors in ads. I think they stopped it because ads would deliberately put in continuity errors for free advertising on Hey Hey. I remember an ad for some chips (Stix I think?) that was particularly obvious, even to my young non-cynical mind.

Post of the day!

Yeah but now you're looking at a PS4 Gran Turismo not coming out until 2017 at the earliest.
PS6 Spec 2.
June - August.

Will be PS6 with all the DLC up to that point as well as some extra bells and whistles to go with the SHARE button stuff and maybe some fancy AA and lighting.

After that expect 2 years of DLC, maybe more.

So I'm going to be looking for a new Internet connection soon. I've been on Optus cable for so long, but they don't really sell that any more and I hear ADSL2+ is the shizzle or something.

Er. Basically, what should I go for to get good Steam (and PSN, lol) download speed? :)

I heard once that Internode was the thing with their own Steam download server and stuff.
Depends entirely on your usage. My slow ADSL2+ out here in the middle of nowhere serves my purposes perfectly. Not tooooo long of a wait to download a game or movie if the source is good. I'm just on Dodo, $60 a month for the line & ADSL bundle, unlimited downloads at ADSL2+ speeds which are dependent on distance to exchange/traffic in the area.

Shaneus with his need for 4k resolution cat videos has super duper high speed cable from iiNet which I think is $100ish but availability ranges of course. iiNet are great to deal with in any case.

0FLcRnCh.jpg

God, talk about continuity errors. Whoever directed the fat-ass and the suspiciously well groomed man in the background should be shot.
When don't you wear that jumper dude?

At least I know what to buy you for Christmas!
Although I bet shipping from Giant Bomb would be a fucking bomb :(

You're right. I totally forgot about Drive Club.

I think Sony needs to pull the finger out and pimp the fuck out of it. Looks like a GT rip off on face value and you only realise the awesome potential of a PGR-MMOlike game once you dig into various media outlet interviews. They need to push it as a fun as fuck, beautifully detailed arcade racer that still holds all the dot points of ProjectCARS/GT in its heart.

Shaneus

Hey, hey, I like collecting things. Virtual things are great because they take up no space!

#justification
What group? Have I been invited? Carn, guys.

Hey Hey It's Saturday used to have a segment for continuity errors in ads. I think they stopped it because ads would deliberately put in continuity errors for free advertising on Hey Hey. I remember an ad for some chips (Stix I think?) that was particularly obvious, even to my young non-cynical mind.
That's the smartest thing I've ever heard. Nice work, advertising folk.

That's hilarious! Although if the inference is that your wife didn't write anything because you pissed her off, you should've just drawn characters with empty speech bubbles. But I'm not an internet comic writer. Or even a comic internet writer.

PS. GT6 on PS3 is a stupid, stupid idea. If there's any skerrick of design philosophy left over from GT5, it can go die in a fucking fire.

Don't ignore me Shaneus :(

Also fucking bikies, gun shop in town here got raided. Smashed the front window up real good and then tried to smash through a wall to get to the safes lol
Right in the middle of town so they didn't get anything I'm pretty sure. The damage makes it seem like they knew what they were doing though.

Also! James Noir's Hollywood Crimes 3D on 3DS for $13 posted (if you can't find it cheap at KMart)
Official Sony PS3 Wireless 7.1 Stereo Headset for $82 posted (Death am cry?)
God of War Ascension SE for $40 posted or $29.56 posted for the standard edition

Shaneus

You were invited!

... to drinks in the city tomorrow if you've got nothing else on already.
Ah. Cannae do, have a family thing on and I'm still feeling a bit under the weather. Totes would have, though!

Don't ignore me Shaneus :(
I haven't had time at work to go through what you wrote... I don't know what I should respond to and/or discuss :(

PS. Bikies fucking suck. Majority of them, anyway.

I haven't had time at work to go through what you wrote... I don't know what I should respond to and/or discuss :(

PS. Bikies fucking suck. Majority of them, anyway.

PGR4! I'll check the servers again when I get home.

I've got the itch again. Might have to hit up Platinum medals

:/

Shaneus

Will enjoy my PGR4/GT6 combo! Both just feel right to me.

On that note, Shaneus are the PGR servers down? Finally popped in PGR4 again the other night but couldn't upload any photos or videos. Had an awesome kudos run to put up :(
Shit, totally didn't see this bit rep!

Yeah, PGRnations.com has been down for a few months or so now. I have a way to be able to get the pictures off (see here) but as far as being able to trade/show off/share replays... I'm not sure that can be done as easily (unless you use the same method to copy the replay to me, I copy it to my own USB and play it on my own Xbox... but that's not exactly sharing it globally :/).

You may also be curious to know that the PGRnations.com domain actually expires on the 25th May this year. I've been watching it like a hawk on whois.net to see if it ever gets renewed (could provide some amazing gossip for the PGR5 speculation thread) but it hasn't been touched. If it's still available when it expires, I'm getting it.

Maybe there's a way I can reserve it or something? I don't know how domains work :/
Edit: Looks like it'd be too much of a bitch. Oh well.

]
You may also be curious to know that the PGRnations.com domain actually expires on the 25th May this year. I've been watching it like a hawk on whois.net to see if it ever gets renewed (could provide some amazing gossip for the PGR5 speculation thread) but it hasn't been touched. If it's still available when it expires, I'm getting it.

Maybe there's a way I can reserve it or something? I don't know how domains work :/
Edit: Looks like it'd be too much of a bitch. Oh well.

Interesting read. I just figured they'd expire.

Top Bottom