• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2015 |OT| Like leaves on a tree… we’re falling one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows.

We do know those episodes aren't cut at least, which makes my question of "how will that Clock mechanic look?"

Those episodes will be in the first batch at least.

My first thought would be that they'd make their own clock image separate from the show, but then I remembered the scene of Joker standing in front of it. So yeah, that's gonna be interesting, haha.

I'm gonna laugh if they somehow end up getting Chris Sabat to voice Akaoni.

snowmint

Uhh the red demon and wolf character are being voiced by the same person akak keoth silverstien, who also plays usagis dad and professor tomoe in the viz sailor moon dub.

Uhh the red demon and wolf character are being voiced by the same person akak keoth silverstien, who also plays usagis dad and professor tomoe in the viz sailor moon dub.

Oh whoops, my mistake, haha.

Vegeta/Piccolo's voice coming out of him would have been hilarious though.

Even the fandom is in the star wars mood. https://twitter.com/shakemamire/status/672755245156425729
CVYbVGrUsAAgGr_.png:large

Can anyone here think of an animated show, either eastern or western, where the characters grew up throughout the episodes? I can't think of a single show where they start as kids and end up as teenagers/adults that don't explicitly involve a major timeskip as the second arc.

Kaiba - 01-06

It took a while but it appears as though I'm rather deeply immersed at this point.

That OST is emotionally evocative as hell. Was used to great effect in episode 3 as well, which is my favorite one so far. Excellent side story in that.

pbayne

Can anyone here think of an animated show, either eastern or western, where the characters grew up throughout the episodes? I can't think of a single show where they start as kids and end up as teenagers/adults that don't explicitly involve a major timeskip as the second arc.

maybe no be exactly what you want but

Genshiken-start of college to end
Azumanga Diaoh-start of high school to end

Quasar

So books about anime...digging around another blog I found references to these three books all available in kindle format. Anyone read any of 'em?

The Soul of Anime, by Ian Condry
Beautiful Fighting Girl, by Tamaki Saito
The Moe Manifesto, by Patrick Galbraith

Preview for Hundred anime adaptation.

I'm sure it'll be good guys.

I think watching shows like this may actually be killing me.

Making this check list right now just in case:

- Childhood trauma occurs that kills family member

- Kid grows up famous, due to being in famous family or due to being only survivor

- Everybody wants the kid's D

- Childhood friend wants the D

- Ojou-sama is the princess of the school and one of the top warriors. Due to some mistake such as him not respecting her or touching her inappropriately she challenges him to a fight ON HIS FIRST DAY.

- They fight, she's kicking his ass until he reveals his true power.

- At this point either she must use her ultimate move, which she never uses ever, to beat him or he wins once he reveals his ultimate strength and she's all "i-impossible!". She will also want the D

- Rival appears, probably a douchey male student with a psycho smile. May or may not be a casanova which the girls in school want the D even more.

More to come.

Mailbox

Preview for Hundred anime adaptation.

Oh boi.
I never thought there would be a third season of infinite stratos, but here it is :S
I wonder if the MC will be just as dense?

Anywho, i'll probably watch it anyway, I'm a glutten for punishment :3
Speaking of which, Lance N' Masque's final episode is this thursday, right? Great way to end the suffering of my last final :D

LET THE PAIN RAIN DOWN!

On the other hand, I get to binge other shows immediately after, so no biggie :3

ibyea

Banned
Making this check list right now just in case:

- Childhood trauma occurs that kills family member

- Kid grows up famous, due to being in famous family or due to being only survivor

- Everybody wants the kid's D

- Childhood friend wants the D

- Ojou-sama is the princess of the school and one of the top warriors. Due to some mistake such as him not respecting her or touching her inappropriately she challenges him to a fight ON HIS FIRST DAY.

- They fight, she's kicking his ass until he reveals his true power.

- At this point either she must use her ultimate move, which she never uses ever, to beat him or he wins once he reveals his ultimate strength and she's all "i-impossible!". She will also want the D

- Rival appears, probably a douchey male student with a psycho smile. May or may not be a casanova which the girls in school want the D even more.

More to come.

Reading this makes me feel like I am already watching the anime. :p

Gvitor

Of course he falls on top of her and grab her boob.

And oh look, another anime where there's 1 dude, possibly a male friend, and 7 girls, each with a hair matching one color of a rainbow.

sonicmj1

My rule of thumb at this point is that if a show has a male protagonist, yet the female cast outnumbers the male cast at least three to one, it's going to be garbage. It's true just about always.

Golden Boy is the only strong counterexample I can think of (I like Ben-To, but that's a real guilty pleasure).

Mailbox

The Infinite Stratos vibes I'm getting from that preview.

Still it might at least be better then Stratos at least. At least better enough that I don't drop it after 3 episodes.

Considering the boob grab at the end, i'm expecting everyone to drop it quick and for me to be left writhing in pain week after week :p

My rule of thumb at this point is that if a show has a male protagonist, yet the female cast outnumbers the male cast at least three to one, it's going to be garbage. It's true just about always.

Golden Boy is the only strong counterexample I can think of (I like Ben-To, but that's a real guilty pleasure).

I also find Ben-To to be a guilty pleasure. Really enjoyed it while watching it for some reason.

Jintor

Hmm. Nothing huge.

Avatar The Last Airbender takes place over a single year, so while there is noticable aging, it's not as apparent as what you're looking for. Maybe Korra as well, but I haven't watched the 3rd and 4th seasons yet.

Adventure Time's only human is apparently aging at about the correct rate, but it's hard to tell.

Ah - actually, the best example that comes to mind might be Fullmetal Alchemist. I don't know what age Edward starts at but he definitely finally hits his growth spurt around halfway through the series. Comparing his appearance at the end to the beginning is pretty impressive, especially because you probably won't notice it at all until you start actually doing comparisons.

Considering the boob grab at the end, i'm expecting everyone to drop it quick and for me to be left writhing in pain week after week :p

Oh probably. On the other hand, Hundred sounds like it has a better concept than IS at least so that might keep people interested a little longer.

Narag

Of course he falls on top of her and grab her boob.

And oh look, another anime where there's 1 dude, possibly a male friend, and 7 girls, each with a hair matching one color of a rainbow.

If two or more girls shared the same hair color then the color coding system would simply collapse. Thankfully IS came through with country codes and was able to avert this timeline.

Quasar

Thats like half my top 10. Well maybe not quite half. Owarimonogatari, Snafu and Euriphonium at least. Well I wouldn't call the males in Euphonium protagonists...they are outnumbered though.

javac

So I finally started City Hunter 3 and man I'm loving each and every second of this. Seeing the characters and hearing their voice again alone places a huge grin on my dopey ass face. The story lines so far aren't blowing me away but are still following the tried and tested formula that the rest of City Hunter adhered to and for good reason, its super entertaining and fun to watch! Everything seems exactly as you would expect it, the animation is great (some bits do look a tiny bit different such as some shots of Kaori's face, but it’s not a massive or negative change), the music is fantastic (retaining many of the old tracks while utilizing many new tracks), and the voice-acting which is the greatest bar none (in which the original cast retain their roles and sounds just the way you'd expect). This is all to say that this is more City Hunter, and man that's music to my ears. I haven't laughed and grinned this much in a while, and as sad as that sounds, City Hunter is just that good. It feels amazing to be back in the world of a sweeper. From an episode where a girl wants to be a detective and enlists Ryo to teach her how to use a gun while trying to find a missing dog, a girl who goes berserk when drunk to an episode where a rich girl pretends to marry Ryo on TV in order to get rid of her suitors, I'm having a ton of fun with the show and I can't wait to watch more. Mokkori!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom