• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bannon fired / resigns; friends report plans to go to "war for WH"

Linkura

sjf345D.png

http://www.drudgereport.com

For Drudge to blast this to his site and over his personal twitter means he has very solid inside info.
NnoGhN1.gif

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
If Trump gave him the assurance of a continued direct line, this is a bump in the road.

If Bannon went down fighting... Prepare the popcorn.

Lunar15

So Bannon goes back to Breitbart or some other conservative talk show and has more influence over trump than he ever did in the White House.

Just like any good banana republic, we're down to just family members and generals

I never made that connection, my god.

This can only be a good thing. Bannon is the worst person in the WH. Trump we can deal with as he's clueless but, Bannon is just plain evil. Hopefully Sessions is next. Replace them with decent moral people and we might not have a President that's evil.

Bannon, Miller, and Sessions would be the best three to go. Aside from Trump of course, but things would at least improve a little without them.

Trump has publicly turned on Sessions so his removal isn't as necessary.

Gorka has got to go though. The guy is an unabashed white supremacist, even more than Bannon. Dude is firmly on the all Muslims are bad train.

chadskin

President Trump has told senior aides that he has decided to remove Stephen K. Bannon, the embattled White House chief strategist who helped Mr. Trump win the 2016 election, according to two administration officials briefed on the discussion.

The president and senior White House officials were debating when and how to dismiss Mr. Bannon. The two administration officials cautioned that Mr. Trump is known to be averse to confrontation within his inner circle, and could decide to keep on Mr. Bannon for some time.

As of Friday morning, the two men were still discussing Mr. Bannon's future, the officials said. A person close to Mr. Bannon insisted the parting of ways was his idea, and that he had submitted his resignation to the president on Aug. 7, to be announced at the start of this week, but it was delayed in the wake of the racial unrest in Charlottesville, Va.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/18/us/politics/steve-bannon-trump-white-house.html?mtrref=t.co

ABC, CNN, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal confirm Bannon is out.

RPGCrazied

Stephen Miller needs to get the boot too, but no amount of firing/hiring is going to save this presidency, at least for me. The problem is the ring leader. Trump and nobody else.

CHC

As long as Miller and Sessions are around, it doesn't really mean anything.

Miler and Sessions don't run influential right wing media outlets. If Breitbart turns on Trump he literally has no untitled base, just fringe.

(I know Bannon doesn't technically "run" it anymore but it exists to parrot his own poisonous thinking, so in effect, he does.)

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/18/...mp-white-house.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur
As of Friday morning, the two men were still discussing Mr. Bannon's future, the officials said. A person close to Mr. Bannon insisted the parting of ways was his idea, and that he had submitted his resignation to the president on Aug. 7, to be announced at the start of this week, but it was delayed in the wake of the racial unrest in Charlottesville, Va.

You can't break up with me! I'm dumping you first!

Zolo

As long as Miller and Sessions are around, it doesn't really mean anything.

Trump wants to get rid of Sessions too. He's just trying to find a way to replace him with a stooge.

Tbh, Trump seems pretty chummy with Bannon, so it seems like Bannon would leave on decent terms with them likely still being in touch.

Top Bottom