• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Origins |OT| Justice from the head of Prototype And Hulk: UD

CryptiK

I forgot where I went but I just played that part, its not some hidden thing so you shouldnt have a problem finding where to go. Remember, when stuck, always check up for grapple points.

There are no grapple points just some remove batclaw anchors which I cant use
There is a door on top of the front end of a plane but I cant get to it.

Stratostar

This is somewhat unrelated, but I have a question. I pre-ordered the PS3 version at GameStop, but I changed my mind and now I want the Wii U version. When I go to the store to pick up the game in the morning, do you think I'll be able to get the Wii U version instead, with the pre-order DLC? Anyone ever had an experience switching platforms in-store, the day the game releases?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
OK, I've just gotten lost in the game but there are a few complaints. A glitch or two here and there and some framerate drops during a cut scene. Other than that and the fact you need to turn on the hints for a certain fight, I totally love this game.

I totally like the new crime scene investigation thing and I hope Rocksteady brings it over to the next game and refines it, as good as it is it could easily be better.

This is somewhat unrelated, but I have a question. I pre-ordered the PS3 version at GameStop, but I changed my mind and now I want the Wii U version. When I go to the store to pick up the game in the morning, do you think I'll be able to get the Wii U version instead, with the pre-order DLC? Anyone ever had an experience switching platforms in-store, the day the game releases?

Depends on how many copies of the Wii U version your GS has in stock. I have a feeling most stores didn't order many, due to sales of the console.

Yuripaw

Banned
I guess no midnight release for Wii U version....is this supposed to be $60 or $50 on wii U? i forget if they said it was gonna be lower in price because of the missing content.

OK, I've just gotten lost in the game but there are a few complaints. A glitch or two here and there and some framerate drops during a cut scene. Other than that and the fact you need to turn on the hints for a certain fight, I totally love this game.

I totally like the new crime scene investigation thing and I hope Rocksteady brings it over to the next game and refines it, as good as it is it could easily be better.

Haha, was wondering if you'd chime in man, glad your digging it. If DC had actually got that DoTF HC out this month, would be perfect.

maneil99

Anyone else get weird issues on PC. My GPU Downclocked to 525mhz randomly during a fight, GPU OC is rock solid. Nothing in event log. Couldn't change it in EVGA Precision X either...
780 GTX Modded Bios

Stratostar

Depends on how many copies of the Wii U version your GS has in stock. I have a feeling most stores didn't order many, due to sales of the console.

Yeah, somehow I don't think availability will be an issue. My concern is that they may not let me change my pre-order and I'll have to get the PS3 ver. if I want the Deathstroke DLC. :/

Early game spoilers

Wtf at the electrocutioner fight?

I'm assuming this dude is coming back later because that was a one blow knockout. I thought that maybe my game had glitched, but nope, all the stuff on youtube is the same. Wow.

Early game spoilers

I'm assuming this dude is coming back later because that was a one blow knockout. I thought that maybe my game had glitched, but nope, all the stuff on youtube is the same. Wow.

Not sure if you heard, but in the room right after that fight they say he got away and will come back.

Barakov

Gold Member
There is no ice though.

Try going through the door that has a exit sign above it in the arena area. After you go a little ways and come out of the vent, the ice should be at the end of the corridor you land in. If you can't find it, try using detective vision.

funo

I wonder if you can get the Nolan Batman outfit.

you can't - the devs answered a similar question on the reddit AMA some days ago ...
they are 2 different 'universes' and you won't see any items from Nolan's movie trilogy in the games

Err Im stuck on the ship

After one shotting Electrocutioner where do I go? I have gone through the exit that led me to one of Engimas things and now cant get to the door above the Battle pit.
There's a door on the right hand side. Check the map and you'll see a corridor leading off on the right hand side of the room not going where you want to go.

Don't worry, I went through the same thing, myself.

you can't - the devs answered a similar question on the reddit AMA some days ago ...
they are 2 different 'universes' and you won't see any items from Nolan's movie trilogy in the games

Nice to get that cleared up. On the iOS game, there's a "Dark Knight" suit that you can get. I thought it was actually the same batsuit as in those movies, but it's really the Arkham Origins design with a darker tone.

Still, isn't it a mild case of hypocrisy to have batsuits themed from the countless comic tales and animated renditions of the guy, and then make a hardline stance and go all "NO WAY, WE'RE NOT DOING ANYTHING WITH THE FILMS"? If it's something to do with licensing with Warner Bros and Legendary or Syncopy, I guess that would be the reason.

This game is super great. There are essentially zero shakeups to the formula so far, but hey, it's another entry in my favorite new franchise from this gen. I'm having a blast with it.

justjim89

Man, the further in I get, the worse performance gets. Cutscenes are still out of sync and have terrible framerate, and now during gameplay I'm getting more frequent dips. My laptop ran AC just fine and this doesn't strike me as dramatically more demanding, or at least it shouldn't be. Help?

rmanthorp

Played a few hours today, don't want to beat it all in one sitting.

Ok, I'm a fan of AC/AA, liked AA, liked AC more than AA.

-> The music is fantastic
-> The graphic/art assets are fantastic. Even AC looks fresh with the new assets they put in it. The dx11 features are great, I usually sit at 50-60 fps with everything on except physx. Core i5 and HD 7950. Honestly surprised this game isn't being put out on PS4...
->The animations are fresh, they aren't copy pasted from aa/ac. There are ones that look similar like pulling grates off the wall (he has a scowl on his face when he does it) or when you right trigger + y finish someone (he does two fists instead of one).
->The intro is fantastic. I haven't made it to the second boss fight yet, but I enjoy doing Crimes in Progress and I really want to knock out the collectibles.
->Deathstroke is pretty awesome, I hope they work him into a dlc. I didn't beat the 100 man challenge (no upgrades yet), got to 60/100. He has regenerating health and it seems he can take more hits than batman. He also pulls grates off the wall. I didn't play red robin in AC, so I don't know how similar the animations are to him. His animations and moveset does feel like it fits him well. My only disappointment is that he doesn't use his sword (instead uses his staff).

Please understand, this game isn't a cash in. Its a sincere effort from WB Montreal and its pretty awesome. If this came out before AC did it would have recieved the same reception. However I haven't played more than 2-3 hours so far, these are my initial impressions. Maybe the game falls apart and is unfinished toward the end, but I'm doubting it.

No multiplayer impressions yet, saving that for when I beat the game.

Spot on.

maneil99

Man, the further in I get, the worse performance gets. Cutscenes are still out of sync and have terrible framerate, and now during gameplay I'm getting more frequent dips. My laptop ran AC just fine and this doesn't strike me as dramatically more demanding, or at least it shouldn't be. Help?

MY GPU slowly downclocked itself the longer I played. What GPU do you have. Kepler?

SJRB

Gold Member
Early game spoilers

Haha wow, this is an early game spoiler? I've been playing for 3 hours and haven't encountered him.

All I do is glide around the city and explore. And beat thugs to a pulp, of course.

kev25b

Seem to be having a problem with the pc version. Game is rock solid 60fps, but when i move my camera round it stutters, but my fps is still 60.

Rocking an i5 2500k @4.5, 8gigs of ram And an overclocked 7950. Anybody got any ideas??

CryptiK

I found out where to go and just beat
Deathstroke fuck that fight was shit until you use the batclaw.
after that I got stuck again none of the doors would open after the trying to go into
Penguins door
I need tried to get somewhere that looked like the way out and I did get out, outside of the map that is and fell into nothingness. Rage quit for now.

MormaPope

Banned
Alright, the reviews are making Arkham Origins out to be a very competent game within the series but it treads a lot of the same ground. There are some impressions in this thread that state this is toe to toe with the other games, there are also impressions that state the game is boring and incredibly samey

I thought Arkham Asylum was good, and Arkham City was excellent. The reasons why I enjoyed Arkham City amount to incredibly well done pacing and the variety of characters in the plot. I felt the amount of stuff and the quality of the stuff in Arkham City was excellent.

For those that preferred Arkham City over Asylum, does Arkham Origins provide the same experiences but more polished or are there different experiences with new pros and cons?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Anyone have link to a hi-res version of this? Can't seem to find it anywhere. Preferably 1080.

Batman-Arkham-Origins-Wallpaper.png

Top Bottom