• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Origins |OT| Justice from the head of Prototype And Hulk: UD

Is is possible to delete patches? After the patch (Ps3) this game is unplayable when you are in the industrial area. It's like 5 FPS. Thanks, Warner.

edit: Nevermind, you have to delete the game data.

It is. Go to game data utility.

Thanks. Funny thing is: You have to install 4,6 GB when you start Origins for the first time. Now, after the Patch 1.01 it says 360 MB....what?^^
I deleted it and wasn't able to install the game again?! I'm in the main menu now. Strange...

edit: Don't install the patch guys!!! Deleted it and now it's playable.

Thanks. Funny thing is: You have to install 4,6 GB when you start Origins for the first time. Now, after the Patch 1.01 it says 360 MB....what?^^
I deleted it and wasn't able to install the game again?! I'm in the main menu now. Strange...

There should be two. One for the install and one for the patch. At least that's how most games work from my somewhat limited use of the game data utility menu.

Does it require you to install before you play? With both Asylum and City, the install happens as you're playing.

There should be two. One for the install and one for the patch. At least that's how most games work from my somewhat limited use of the game data utility menu.

Does it require you to install before you play? With both Asylum and City, the install happens as you're playing.

Yeah it requires to install before playing.
Hmm I didn't see the install data, but it works now.
I won't be able to play multiplayer though :(

I'm three hours in right after the infamous
Electrocutioner
cutscene.

Impressions:

1. Overall, combat seems more difficult than it was before (maybe it's because I just suck more in this game than in AC). Enemies seem...faster and there's definitely more of them to a mob (this is a good thing).

2. I hadn't had a FPS problem until the very end of the third hour by the ship where it was GODAWFUL.

3. L1+L2 being switched is messing with me hardcore since I was playing City for the last two days in anticipation. This will probably take me another day to get used to.

4. I really don't like the new ability leveling system which forces you to go down certain ability paths ie. you must acquire Ballistic Armor before getting Multi-ground Takedown.

5. I really like how the city is designed for the most part. Yes, part of it is the same area as AC redesigned but it doesn't FEEL like it's AC, especially with the snow and Christmas assets accompanying it. The city definitely feels larger in scale, both vertically and horizontally. The huge tall buildings really help build the game's atmosphere.

6. Origins Batman/Alfred seem alot like Begins and TDK Batman/Alfred but the other characters and interactions feel alot more like they're from B:TAS.

7. The Azrael costume looks incredibly badass.

Overall, I'm really enjoying the game despite some technical framerate issues.

Videos of the Legends DLC costumes and the Brightest Day costume are out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OgONYVaOos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xr8J1KPJT0

Overall, I'm not impressed with the ones shown but I'm looking forward to seeing the New Millennium pack costumes which have Noel, Blackest Night, New 52, etc.

strafer

Holy shit, the
Deathstroke fight was freaking awesome. Reminded me so much of Grey Fox in Metal Gear Solid. :D

Love it when you punch really fast, you can feel every punch. :D

Alright, the reviews are making Arkham Origins out to be a very competent game within the series but it treads a lot of the same ground. There are some impressions in this thread that state this is toe to toe with the other games, there are also impressions that state the game is boring and incredibly samey

I thought Arkham Asylum was good, and Arkham City was excellent. The reasons why I enjoyed Arkham City amount to incredibly well done pacing and the variety of characters in the plot. I felt the amount of stuff and the quality of the stuff in Arkham City was excellent.

For those that preferred Arkham City over Asylum, does Arkham Origins provide the same experiences but more polished or are there different experiences with new pros and cons?

It mist definitely does. Some great refinement especially with combat. The combat is amazing in this game. Character variety is still there and it's great to witness the beginning interactions with some of Batman's iconic enemies.

This is better than AC for me right now in terms of story and setting. There are some really great levels in this and I'm only 8 percent done.

DrBo42

It's so unfortunate that it's based off of City. If we got this game INSTEAD of City when it came out, it would be incredible and everyone's favorite in the series. As a 3rd entry it just doesn't have the impact it should and that's a shame. Isolated, it's a great game with a much better story than City.

Yeah it requires to install before playing.
Hmm I didn't see the install data, but it works now.
I won't be able to play multiplayer though :(

That's certainly new. I guess it makes sense though, it's installing a lot more than previous titles so installing during play might now have worked as well as it did in the past.

Is multiplayer good then? And you could always raise the problems with the patch on their forums?

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Help-and-Community-Feedback/bd-p/Support-and-Feedback

Hixx

Why's the Steam integration not working?

No achievements are popping up and keeps saying I'm offline when I go to do any challenge maps so my scores won't count.

In fact any time I even go to view the achievements I just get taken to my Steam profile, not the page for the game's achievements.

DrBo42

Why's the Steam integration not working?

No achievements are popping up and keeps saying I'm offline when I go to do any challenge maps so my scores won't count.

In fact any time I even go to view the achievements I just get taken to my Steam profile, not the page for the game's achievements.

Mine was working. Maybe Steam is having issues at the moment?

ok, wtf at
the electrocutioner?

You get to do that fight again right? In a more satisfying way I hope?

Did you not hear what the thugs said, and what Bats said 2 mins. after that? It's pretty obvious that it was intentional and there is more to come.

I'm genuinely surprised people aren't picking up on it.

It's so unfortunate that it's based off of City. If we got this game INSTEAD of City when it came out, it would be incredible and everyone's favorite in the series. As a 3rd entry it just doesn't have the impact it should and that's a shame. Isolated, it's a great game with a much better story than City.

I agree sort of. City did so much well and had you feeling like Batman. This game does that and then some IMO. I think it will stand on its own. Especially the story. Which is much more intriguing. I have trouble stopping play because I want to keep going. The crime scene stuff is so fucking cool too.

If this was made in place of City fans would go crazy because it's not by Rocksteady. They created a winning formula for Batman, I have no problem seeing another developer take it on. I really hope people don't shoot this down because it's not a Rocksteady game. So stupid for any fan of Batman to do.

That's certainly new. I guess it makes sense though, it's installing a lot more than previous titles so installing during play might now have worked as well as it did in the past.

Is multiplayer good then? And you could always raise the problems with the patch on their forums?

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Help-and-Community-Feedback/bd-p/Support-and-Feedback

Multiplayer is "okay". I played it only once because I want to finish the SP stuff first.
Thanks for the link!

Slowdive

Banned
I agree sort of. City did so much well and had you feeling like Batman. This game does that and then some IMO. I think it will stand on its own. Especially the story. Which is much more intriguing. I have trouble stopping play because I want to keep going. The crime scene stuff is so fucking cool too.

If this was made in place of City fans would go crazy because it's not by Rocksteady. They created a winning formula for Batman, I have no problem seeing another developer take it on. I really hope people don't shoot this down because it's not a Rocksteady game. So stupid for any fan of Batman to do.

Agreed, I'm only a few hours in but I like it more than AC already. Some people are already dismissing it in the review thread which is a shame. Runs great on my PC too.

Don't go into the review thread :p

strafer

So I'm at the mission now where you need to infiltrate GCPD and hack the database and when I reach the area were I need to sneaky and shit I come to a door that needs to be hacked they end up seeing me, there is this one dude doing something at a machine.

Anyway, there's like a million dudes rushing in, is that suppose to happen or is there a stealthier way?

RPGCrazied

Should get it by the end of today, or whenever the UPS man decides to deliver it. Usually at night. Hopefully I can play a few hours before bed! So excited.

ekim

untitleds3jrr.png

The impressions here made me buy it. :eek:

J4g3r

Loving the game so far. Decided to start it on hard for the challenge.

The steelbook that came with the preorder is pretty damn nice too!

How do we use the extra costumes that come with the game?

Loved the fight with
deathstroke

Yes, absolutely.
It was a bit on rails, but it was such a nice change from the other boss fights in this series. It was like personal one on one combat with somebody that has a similar skill set, not some giant monster or a puzzle fight where you just have to avoid damage and then find the weak spot.

Yes, absolutely.
It was a bit on rails, but it was such a nice change from the other boss fights in this series. It was like personal one on one combat with somebody that has a similar skill set, not some giant monster or a puzzle fight where you just have to avoid damage and then find the weak spot.

Definitely and you really have to master the system, at least on hard, to get anywhere with it. It's all about utilizing everything you can. I personally loved it. Reminded me of MGS4.

This game is utterly fantastic. Wish I could get different costumes to use. My only gripe with this specific series visually is there's no way Batman would be as nimble and agile as he is considering he looks like he juices. Tone that down a bit and we're golden!

Mogwai

This game is starting to get on my nerves.

I'm trying to solve a tower and I get inside and hack the terminal thingy. I then use the batclaw on the vent and I grapple and just hang there. I can't enter the fucking vent and I can't exit because Edward Fucking Enigma has locked me inside.

Anyone experience the same?

This game is starting to get on my nerves.

I'm trying to solve a tower and I get inside and hack the terminal thingy. I then use the batclaw on the vent and I grapple and just hang there. I can't enter the fucking vent and I can't exit because Edward Fucking Enigma has locked me inside.

Anyone experience the same?

Yes I encountered that exact error earlier. I restarted from the last checkpoint, I'm unsure if it will work when I try it again.

Mogwai

Yes I encountered that exact error earlier. I restarted from the last checkpoint, I'm unsure if it will work when I try it again.

I did it twice. The bug happened again. I also tried to enter the vent before I hacked the terminal, no difference.

This game needs some QA...

Edit: It's the Comms Tower in Burnley. Just avoid it. It's bugged and you can't unlock it until the game is patched.

TxdoHawk

Early game spoilers: Regarding the
Electrocutioner
"fight"

I spent a good solid couple of minutes
throwing gadgets around at him and the environment, expecting it to be a puzzle
before I realized what you had to do. Had a good laugh at that.

I just want to say that after spending around 4 hours playing last night I freaking love this game. The city is absolutely huge and the presentation is best in class. I knew I shouldn't have been worried by all the naysayers.

Anyone try out multiplayer yet? Any impressions?

Hagi

Game is pretty fucking awesome so far. Not sure what the big deal is about the story must not be there yet.

Oh and the fight on the boat with
Electrocutioner
was amazing lol

Top Bottom