• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Origins |OT| Justice from the head of Prototype And Hulk: UD

Dr Dogg

You can just load up an old save if you still have one, the lair is accessible at any time [provided you have certain upgrades].

Ah right, cheers.

Fingers crossed GFWL hasn't eaten my saves. Can't remember if I PS+ed my PS3 saves before my phat conked out.

You guys think the CE is worth getting? I mean, so many do statues, but that statue might actually be neat... but I don't really need it... but it's cool... but what's the quality on that?

Hm.

One of my favourite things about the Arkham games is the combat. From everything I've seen the combat in this looks identical, right down to the animations. Can anybody clarify if they've changed anything up here?

TDLink

I remember there being some confusion about whether the Wii U version is getting the Deathstroke pre-order DLC. Does anyone know one way or the other what is actually happening there?

I got both Asylum and City on PC but with the delay I am thinking about going Wii U on this one.

robotrock

Banned
You guys think the CE is worth getting? I mean, so many do statues, but that statue might actually be neat... but I don't really need it... but it's cool... but what's the quality on that?

Hm.

Is it still in stock anywhere? I was poking around Amazon and Gamestop and it seemed sold out now.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
I didn't know some Radical guys landed on this project. I'm glad for them (what a bunch of crap Activision pulled on them) and glad for me, as this restores a lot of faith for me in the alt team!

Is it still in stock anywhere? I was poking around Amazon and Gamestop and it seemed sold out now.

It's on the way for me. I passed on it for AC because I was disappointed in the plastic batarang with AA. Now I guess I gotta circle back and get that...

One of my favourite things about the Arkham games is the combat. From everything I've seen the combat in this looks identical, right down to the animations. Can anybody clarify if they've changed anything up here?

There's a few new moves but it largely is identical. There's a few new enemy types like the martial artists which require multiple counters, and heavy "Bane" style enemies that act...well, they act like TITAN henchmen without the charge. It's the same basic principle to defeat them (ultra stun, rapid punches.)

I just hope the bosses are decent. Deathstroke I can see using similar techniques to the martial artists, Bane will obviously be an advanced heavy but I haven't a clue how the others will handle.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't know some Free Radical guys ended up in this game, great to know!

By the way, anyone know if the TV Spot is part of a bigger trailer? It's freaking amazing, but it seems like it's part of something bigger.

Actually the writer(s) are the duo who penned all three Assassin's Creed. Johns name is probably put in there just for show.

edit: damn you, Sojgat :D

I might be kinda worried, depending on what games they wrote. If they wrote AC3 too, then we might be screwed.

EDIT:

Here's a preview for the soundtrack!

https://soundcloud.com/watertowermusic/official-album-preview-batman

Full track listing:

Full Tracklisting:
01. Arkham Origins Main Titles
02. The Night Before Christmas
03. Black Mask Escapes
04. Killer Croc
05. Croc Arrest
06. Batwing Storm Damage
07. Assassins
08. Weapons Deal
09. The Final Offer
10. Deathstroke
11. Winter comes to Gotham
12. Carol of the Bells (Joker's Theme)
13. G.C.P.D.
14. Can't you just play along?
15. Merchant Bank Escape
16. Copperhead
17. Hallucinations
18. Snake in a box
19. Night Patrol
20. Regent Hotel
21. Bane
22. Why would you save…Me?
23. The Thieving Magpie
24. The Bridge
25. Firefly
26. I have left enough life in him for some final words...if you hurry
27. Allies
28. Electric Chair
29. One of us will die
30. Shadow of the Bat
31. Arkham Origins End Titles
32. Arkham Origins Suite

And you can order the album here.

Gbraga

Every preorder gets Deathstroke on PC, right?

I knew using that subtitle was a good idea. People automatically assume because Rocksteady isn't doing this that it's going to suck.

On topic: Do we know if Nolan North is voicing the Penguin again?

Personally I was willing to give the new guys a shot, because, well, before Asylum I had no idea who Rocksteady was either and I gave them a shot, so it's only fair. What made me not have much interest was the open world thing, I really didn't like City that much, so City 1.1 made by a new team wasn't that appealing to me, specially with all the DLC, so I'd just wait on a GOTY edition or whatever, but hearing there are people from those games made me really excited for it.

KDC720

I'm still really torn on this game. I loved AA and AC, I'm sure Origins will be great, but everything I've seen screams quick cash grab before next gen hits.

I'll wait for the inevitable GOTY edition I guess, unless reviews say otherwise.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Personally I was willing to give the new guys a shot, because, well, before Asylum I had no idea who Rocksteady was either and I gave them a shot,

I really enjoyed Urban Chaos.

Sanke__

Anyone else think that the Wii U version is a great deal (compared to the ps3 and 360 versions)?

$10 cheaper and you don't have to get a likely terrible tacked on multiplayer mode.

Imbarkus

Anyone else think that the Wii U version is a great deal (compared to the ps3 and 360 versions)?

$10 cheaper and you don't have to get a likely terrible tacked on multiplayer mode.

It would be a lot more for me, since I'd have to buy a WiiU. ;P

Which store has the best deal on the digital pc version? I notice that Amazon has it for $49.99 plus $10 credit for a future purchase. Anything better?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Yeah, it's $37.50 at Green Man Gaming with the front page voucher code. That's what I paid. It's going for less on eBay due to people hocking off codes that came with their Nvidia GPU.

Blader

Cautiously optimistic about this. I loved Asylum, but was a little more lukewarm on City...might be my fault though, it was one of those games that I just went in and out on over the course of a year, lost a lot of momentum. A bit wary about the dev change for this but everything I've seen looks good, so, hoping for the best.

Tattooth

If anyone is looking for the PC version for cheap, I'd suggest looking for those nvidia codes for the game. I got one off ebay for £18, did the same thing with AC. According to Enhanced Steam, Nuuvem has it for £22.

Imbarkus

Urban Chaos is an extremely underrated FPS. Very satisfying to play and the riot shield was ace. Loved the whole Robocop vibe of the news footage as well.

Sweet. Haven't talked to many other people who played it.

iTBTKBqQXbkqk.gif

lucius

Anyone know if the recent Gametrailers show footage on SpikeTV was from the PC version because it looked better than past demos of console versions I have seen.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Sweet. Haven't talked to many other people who played it.

iTBTKBqQXbkqk.gif

:)

Yeah it's why I was so excited for AA before it came out. Genuinely loved it and the combat was so satisfying - good gun sounds, satisfying hit reactions, using the shield was a cool mechanic, hostage situations, guiding firemen/ambulance crews and tazering fools as well.

Sojgat

By the way, anyone know if the TV Spot is part of a bigger trailer? It's freaking amazing, but it seems like it's part of something bigger.

I might be kinda worried, depending on what games they wrote. If they wrote AC3 too, then we might be screwed.

EDIT:

Here's a preview for the soundtrack!

https://soundcloud.com/watertowermusic/official-album-preview-batman

Full track listing:

And you can order the album here.

Corey May is credited as a writer on all of them (including 3 and 4), Dooma Wendschuh only on the first 3 games. They also wrote Army of Two.

maneil99

What? So a feature should be removed because you think its tacked on? Therefor the version with less features is better? Should the Xbox and PS3 versions be better because they don't have tacked on gamepad controls?

Tsukumo

They wrote all three. I hope they'll make a good job: Radical made the most out of Jenkins script in Ultimate Destruction, and I liked the atmosphere of Prototype.
I have no clear cut idea about how good they are but to sum it up:
- the dialogue in the trailer sounds pretty corny. Craig Smith's delivery is very, very good but "I'm the reason the criminals breathe easier when the sun rises" is...so...lame. Maybe it was just taken out of context and they wanted to make him look a bit over-confident at the start of the game. It isn't much of a difference from Dini's Arkham because he is consistent to his writing, but here they want to go for a "grittier" version. Hopefully they know what they are doing.
-the first Assassin' Creed had a great idea, but the execution (narratively speaking) was abysmal.
-the way they portrayed Da Vinci was as dumb as they could have done. On the other hand, they nailed Macchiavelli (in Brotherhood).
-I like the matter of fact and completely apathetic writing of Assassin's Creed 3. Then again, I haven't even cleared the first city and I haven't even seen a single event with Ratatunkamon.
-while I love Dini, their characterization of Bane is much, much, much better. His entrance in the trailer for the IOS is memorable (check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy4SM9PRljg)
-to this day I don't know why so many people liked Ass 2 so much. Then again, I live in Italy.
-I loved the way they portrayed the Borgias in Brotherhood: they made them look like the bad guys in an Onimusha game :D

Long story short: for every one thing they have done good, they have done one wrong.
Also: if you check Rolling Stone's website, they have the full version of the track Assassins from the OST.

It looks like the same with little subtle changes. They added some new animations like the combat takedown and some new counters. They also gave him more of a aggressive fighting stance while in combat, compared to how he would just remain standing straight up while fighting. New brute enemies that are wearing full body armor. Batman has to beatdown and rip off portions of the armor to defeat them. New gadgets that can be quick fired such as a sticky concussion grenade. It also looks like they added a more powerful "low bass" sound effects for the punches and pulled the camera out a little more during the cinematic camera toggle when you defeat the last enemy in a group.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Very good points, Tsukumo. Lets hope this is one of their good scripts then!

Imbarkus

Wait, Free Radical or Radical Entertainment?

I thought Timesplitters was being dangled somewhere last I heard re; Free Radical. What was it, crowd-funding? Being shopped?

Anyway, Radical. Prototype and Hulk UD guys.

Tried to pre-order on green man gaming using the coupon. My credit card company rejected it since Green Man Gaming is based in the UK and I'm in the US. I clicked on the email the bank sent me to say the payment was valid. Now the question remains if I was charged or not. Green Man Gaming doesn't show any orders, and neither does my bank, for now. I hope I don't get charged and not receive the game.

Top Bottom