• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 leaked, Oct 18, Harlem Hellfighter DLC

What are you most excited to hear about today?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeknurn

That dude looks stlyish, but in a good way.

Chx9xIZUYAEEVfu.jpg:large

This looks silly. I'm starting to get worried.

HvySky

While I did really enjoy BF3 and 4, if this does end up being set during WW1 or an alternate history, this'll be the first mainstream FPS in a while that gets me legit hyped.

That doesn't look like a steilhandgranate aka potato masher

Are they doing some kind of alternate reality future/old school mish mash?

FOH Dice, no thanks

Give me a realistic WW1/WW2 or nothing

will341

Neo Member
If you go full world war...hopefully you don't include the dopey way games are made now like everything is an arena game. Keep the slower pace, minimal gun upgrades..please please please. Bring it back to the glory days.

SerTapTap

What the hell am I looking at? That is one dorky looking luger knockoff and since when do potato mashers have spikes?

That looks more like a broom handle Mauser to me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mauser_C96

Mauser doesn't have quite that dorky top thing this gun has going on. Hasn't Battlefield et al given up on real guns though like Uncharted? Kind of a shame IMO, but it saves licensing fees and in this case some historical inaccuracy would help a lot gameplay-wise.

I just refound these Codename Eagle videos. They basically show why anyone arguing about WW1 being bad, don't really have an argument.
Codename Eagle Ultimate Stunt Tribute 1 of 2
Codename Eagle Ultimate Stunt Tribute 2 of 2
Second one's better, I think. You can click anywhere in the timeline and there's some nonsense happening.

It's fair to say though that DICE and how they make games about war, has changed.
Assuming the single player campaign continues being as dire and serious as BC2, BF3 and BF4, at least that part of the game will have to deal with reality to a larger extent than Codename Eagle.

I think Ben Cousins only meant to infer the setting and era with this tweet, but I oh so hope it's more than that.
It won't be.

despire

Isn't WW1 just a bunch of boring trench warfare ?

At first yes but the last years of the war were modern warfare with modern tactics. It started to look like WW2 towards the end.

Never really been a huge fan of BF but I welcome this return to historic settings. Hopefully we'll see more WW1/2 shooters going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom