• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 leaked, Oct 18, Harlem Hellfighter DLC

What are you most excited to hear about today?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My point is, there's various media out there about WW2. Some of which are still being made. I'm sick of remembering a 100+ year old war. I'd rather focus on modern and/or future.

If they make it alternate history, great. But it's WW1/2 again, no thanks. I have no interest when there's 100+ other movies/TV shows/books about the war. Plus I could go play 1942 right now if I wanted a WW2 Battlefield.
Go get Modern Warfare Remastered if you want modern warfare then.

This is what I want. A futuristic battlefield please. But the gif looks WW1

Oh you mean Battlefront 2? Expect that next year.

No? How about Titanfall 2? Mass Effect: Andromeda? EA can only produce so many sci-fi shooters man, you gotta pick one of them!

With DICE also making the Battlefront series now, expect 2143 the year after EA loses the Star Wars license. So basically never. I know, it sucks.

That guys is looking up and then a shadow starts to take over his face. Hmm...

German_airship_bombing_Warsaw.JPG

Maybe some Zeppelin warfare?

Be still, my beating heart.

ezekial45

Banned
Alternate history WWI sounds neat, but I'd be more interested in real world WWI. Anyone who's read up on it knows how brutal and gnarly it was, so it'd be a great setting for BF.

Really hoping this is set in WW1 and not WW2, will be there Day 1 if that's the case. Tired of futuristic shooters and WW2 has been done to death.

My point is, there's various media out there about WW2. Some of which are still being made. I'm sick of remembering a 80+ year old war. I'd rather focus on modern and/or future.

If they make it alternate history, great. But it's WW1/2 again, no thanks. I have no interest when there's 100+ other movies/TV shows/books about the war. Plus I could go play 1942 right now if I wanted a WW2 Battlefield.

How many games are there set during the Great War? Valiant Hearts, a bunch of flight sims and...?

Alternate history WWI sounds neat, but I'd be more interested in real world WWI. Anyone who's read up on it knows how brutal and gnarly it was, so it'd be a great setting for BF.

A proper WWI game would be incredible, but sitting in a trench for an hour waiting to be sent to your death doesn't really suit a Battlefield game.

DNAbro

Jokes on all of you. This game is so far future that time travel has been invented and it's your goal to save history by stopping the bad guys from going back in time and letting Germany win.

My point is, there's various media out there about WW2. Some of which are still being made. I'm sick of remembering a 80+ year old war. I'd rather focus on modern and/or future.

And if I wanted a modern or future game I could go play anyFPS released in the last 8 years.

You are allowed to like whatever you like. But the "we have enough WWII and not enough modern/future shooters" is really not working for me.

If this game is WWI/II and CoDIW is future then it sounds like everyone can be happy. :)

Kaako

Felium Defensor
IF Dinos are in, then so is my initial interest. Why you guys gotta bring up dinos man, shit. Giving me false hopes. :(

I hope it's alternate as far as some of the experimental stuff that didn't gain much actual use is used in the game but I want it to be more grounded. Like zeppelins weren't used a lot but were kind of around so they should include them. Go beyond the most historically accurate list of items commonly used on the WWI battlefield but keep it somewhat based on actual designs. There's enough crazy shit out there that you don't have to make up your own.

Most modern warfare games do this as well. There's plenty of one-off weapons that were prototyped or used on a small scale but never widely adapted.

Also if it's WWI I want horses.

Linkyn

We all want back to the roots was games not that super sci to futuristic games halo Destiny new COD thats a turn off right there

More importantly, it would be nice to have a little more variation. It would be just as lame if they all ended up doing WW2 games again for the foreseeable future. Just change the settings / tone a bit from time to time to keep things fresh.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
WW1 would make more sense for dinosaurs.

WW2 weapons were already too much. It would be an unfair fight.

Raven77

I don't even know how to respond to all this. I am trying to keep my hype meter from breaking under the pressure.

BF 1942 is my favorite game of all time (combined with Desert Combat). If you aren't familiar with Desert Combat or it's history (it was a mod) read up on it as it is very very interesting. WW1 or 2 would be incredible but if the trailer is full of Euro-Dubstep and has planes flying 5x faster than they should with rockets everywhere then i'm out.

I simply don't trust that Dice will do this right. They have been burning me ever since Bad Company. I did like BF 4 though after that massive patch that fixed a lot of the issues.

Also, based on his eye movement it doesnt look like the gif is in slow motion, meaning whatever is casting that shadow is moving relatively slow. I'm going to make a prediction right now and say that the trailer or at least that scene is of a soldier (probably in a city like London) with a zepplin of some kind flying overhead.

I think it's something flipping/falling on him and crushing him like an exploded tank or building crumbling.

Man, I want to see the new explosions. Next gen baby! fuck that cross gen bullshit. This is the real next BF! I'll pretend the jump was from BF3 to BF5.

Come on stupid planet, spin faster!

Proelite

Hype for what? These artwork are most certainly not coming from the new Battlefield...

Hype for the potential of the setting.

But you know management and meddling execs will squash ideas in order to keep things grounded, gritty and realistic.

I will be super hyped if this is actually WWI or WWII.

However, I'll be sort of disappointed if they make it some WWI or WWII setting with some futuristic twist. I just want WWI or WWII era weapons and stuff so that the game actually feels different than the modern battlefield games. No lock on missiles or jets or that sort of thing.

If they make it like some sort of grounded alternate history WWI that might be cool, but I just hope that it plays differently than modern BF games and doesn't go off the deep end with any Assassin's Creed style sci-fi twists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom