• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 leaked, Oct 18, Harlem Hellfighter DLC

What are you most excited to hear about today?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Compsiox

Banned
giphy.gif

He's obviously looking up at some massive blimp flying overhead. WW1 definitely.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
No vouching has happened. I just pointed out that they were saying things a few days ago that appeared in today's purported e-mail.

kaskade

Man, it's weird that it's going to be refreshing to go back in time for shooters. Especially if it's WW1 since we really haven't seen much of that AFAIK.

Drain You

Whatever this ends up being count me in. Stopped playing Battlefield after Bad Company, haven't played CoD the past couple years and have been hoping for a game that went back a bit. Guess we'll see tomorrow exactly what it is.

Jawmuncher

S¡mon;202733215 said:
I'm glad that the next Battlefield appears to take place in the past...

But I'd still be somewhat disappointed if they have somehow managed to turn a WW1/WW2 shooter into a futuristic WW1/futuristic WW2 shooter.

That's just what I want actually. Enough sci-fi in there but not too ridiculous.

As far as I'm concerned, nothing has leaked. All I'm seeing is amazing graphics. I know the physics, sound and animation will follow since it's a Battlefield game. I still say it won't be old era since that environment is limited and limiting.
Now, show me that next gen destruction EA!

fritolay

S¡mon;202733215 said:

But I'd still be somewhat disappointed if they have somehow managed to turn a WW1/WW2 shooter into a futuristic WW1/futuristic WW2 shooter.

Yeah, what the heck was that picture of? I don't want robots and shit in a WW2 setting, this will upset me .

Zeknurn

I know it's not happening but I would like to see Battlefield 1 be the start of Battlefield as a service where they start with WW1 in the base game and every following year they release an expansion with a new theatre of war.

The one Battlefield to rule them all.

S¡mon;202733215 said:

Yeah, that concept art with the WWI mechs and zeppelins look real cool but I'll be sort of bummed out if that sort of stuff just makes this BF game play the same way as BF3 or BF4.

Part of the appeal of putting a new BF game back in WWI or WWII is that it would change up the pace of the game and how you play it. If they're just adding in a bunch of sci-fi stuff to a WWI setting to make the game play as fast as modern BF3 or BF4, then a good amount of my hype is probably diminished.

If I want giant mechs, we've got Titanfall coming out. I don't necessarily want a WWI era BF to be WWI Titanfall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom