• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 leaked, Oct 18, Harlem Hellfighter DLC

What are you most excited to hear about today?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Gonna be super disappointed if the campaign isn't based on the Harlem Hellfighters.

A WWI campaign with a mythic black regiment omg.

Maybe that's what they meant by "alternate history"

As in "That real ass stuff they didn't teach you in high school"

It does seem like one of them is on the cover. Would be cool as hell if the campaign followed them, at least for part of it.

Huh wasn't really expecting anything like this so that's cool. Looking forward to the reveal now.

Honestly they would have preferred it if they didn't come back.

Sadly true, but I just thought they would see these black people risking their lives even though they were being treated VERY badly in the same country. I don't know how the Harlem Fighters could have the courage to do this even when facing racism and fighting the Germans at the same time.. I really do want to some research on WWI since I barely heard anything about that era.

LNBL

But it says Pre-order for the Hellfighter pack :/ Are we sure it's not just a MP pack?

Would be awesome if the Campaign is about them though

Alternate reality WW1 confirmed. Exactly what I wanted! PERFECTION.

And yes that fucking cape is rad as fuck!

What confirms alternative reality to you?

Nothing I've seen revealed so far is historically inaccurate. The Mauser, the regiment, the trench weapons, the Zeppelin etc.

Se_7_eN

Harlem-Hellfighters-Amazing-Facts.jpg

Fuck yes, I AM ALL IN!

rezn0r

People seem to not know a lot about WW1 which is another reason I'm glad it might get more attention in popular media. French soldiers started WW1 looking nearly identical to Napoleon's troops 100 years earlier.

Going to take this moment to tell everyone who is interested in this type of thing, but hasn't played Valiant Hearts, please do. It's only 6 hours or less.

Flipyap

God, I know I shouldn't expect much, but I hope this will have a unique campaign structured differently than what we've grown to expect from military shooters over the last decade.
WWI was such a fascinating nightmare, it would be a huge shame if they tried to fit it into the flashy, setpiece-driven campaign mold.

i dunno, i just can't see them going full-on ww1 for some reason. seems such a limitation on types of warfare, vehicles, accessories, equipment, etc.

Shady859

Missed the Harlem Hellfighter DLC in that latest picture. That's gotta be real or one of the greatest game leak ruses of all time. Gamestop is good for something after all.

LOVE the release date being almost 3 weeks before CoD.

Going to take this moment to tell everyone who is interested in this type of thing, but hasn't played Valiant Hearts, please do. It's only 6 hours or less.

Valiant Hearts is WWI? I thought it was WWII? I have free from PlayStation Plus, so I might try it later on today.

poster leaked this 4 days ago on BF reddit, is looking more and more true. But again, still something that cant be verified.

Game setting - WW1 Game will not be following authentic WW1 history (in terms of weapons) Game will either be called Battlefield 1 or battlefield (year)

Maps: Armiens - ( City within france, most comparable to Siene crossing if you played BF3).

Italian Coast.

Scar

Chateau note MASSIVE church in the center of the map.

Mountain Fort (most comparable to Dem. peak from BF3)
as of last contact with source: he does not know of the rest of the maps in development but he/she has not yet seen an infantry only map

Game Modes within the game itself: (also like to note that this will be one of the largest BF games map wise)

Conquest - Game is leaning very towards CQ large

Rush - Massive improvement over BF4’s Rush gamemode/map layout

TDM - TDM will be in the game

Domination - will be in the game
(potential game mode) - Last Squad Standing - operates much like Squad Deathmatch and elimination mixed together ( teams will be able to spawn on any team mate throughout the match until they are squad wiped. eliminating them from contention) this game mode has a good chance of being competitive.

Pigeon Game mode - Game mode that operates like what we saw on BF:HL where you must hold/carry around the objective to capture it which when captured gives a point to your team, then resets.

CQ and Rush mix that’s played on the maps Scar and Amiens. Where one team must capture flags to move up onto the map much like Rush works.

Vehicles/Transportation Horses (war horses) Light tanks - one seaters (will have a self repair function) Heavy tanks - Three seaters. Scout Plane - 1 seater functions as a jet without Pods or heat seekers Bomber Plane - self explanatory. Two seater plane -
Gunner sits on the tail of the plane with a mounted gun. Rhib-like boats to reach shores

Weapons Heavy prototype weapons Fully automatic weapons much like assault rifles DMRs snipers LMGs Grenades variations are as follow: Impact grenade Incindiary Gas

Grenades Hero Gadget (Flame Thrower and Gun Combo)

Classes: Medic Support Assault Recon

Overall game enhancements

Dynamic weather on every map which includes:
Fog Rain Snow along with others
various of these will rotate on each map making every time you play it different than the last

DOWN

Banned
Talking with an expert of warfare (the author of a famous WWI boardgame...)... he confirmed that everything which appears in the picture seems "realistic", with the exception of the mace/grenade.
It's a trench club which did exist in WWI, so great expert you've got there

I really hope it's as realistic as it can be. We haven't gotten a big budget WW1 game, I'd like it to be faithful. The most unfaithful I'd want it to go is perhaps experimental tanks and weapons and shit that never made it into actual combat. I also hope the campaign isn't USA focused, it wasn't our war.

Yeah nothing in the marketing states anything about an alternative reality besides the new world part, evem when talking about vehicles it doesnt mention anything about them being unique or alternative. If it was going to have a setting like that, i feel they would mention it.

It does seem like one of them is on the cover. Would be cool as hell if the campaign followed them, at least for part of it.

Tempering the hype because I can't see DICE or EA actually going all the way with this concept.

But man what if the shadow across that soldier's face in the gif was the Harlem Hellfighters coming over the hill.

But nah it's probably a nuclear fission powered zeppelin piloted by young mecha Hitler or something.

Begaria

....I seriously hope this is fake...somehow.

1?

Really? 1?

Like Yahtzee said, some archeologist is gonna dig up our games in a distant future and announce that we were absolutely born stupid the way we were naming our titles.

Also, godfuckingdamnit they will announce the game and immediately go with a "PRE-ORDER NOW TO RECEIVE THE EXCLUSIVE ****-PACK!"

Fun fact: There actually is no Battlefield or Battlefield 1 in the series. The series started with Battlefield 1942, then Battlefield Vietnam, and then Battlefield 2. Being set in WW1, an era before the very first game in the series, it actually makes complete and logical sense to call this Battlefield 1.

Kinda like how Star Wars started with Episode 4 :p

AHA-Lambda

So it's not alternate ww1 though? I got Jim's amped up for that :/

Still can't believe EA are making a ww1 game O_O
And that its called BF1 :-/ ?

Harlem Hellfighters is amazing. I'll probably pre-order this.

That's actually really cool they'd take inspiration from that group of WW1 fighters.

There's so many interesting divisions in all these huge wars. Nice that one of them is recognized in one of these big war games.

UnrealEck

I'm sceptical I'd like a WW1 shooter. I don't know much about the first world war but I assume it's mostly slow-firing rifles. I can't imagine it being all that exciting.

I was hoping for it to have been WW2. If they remade BF1942 (one of my favourite MP games ever and one of the best ever made) in Battlefront's Frostbite, it'd be amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom