• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta PC port gets updated... with a Vanquish teaser

Remember that SEGA PC port campaign a while back?

Made a bunch of noise, and if Vanquish on Steam is real that only leaves one title from the petition....

tumblr_okv8m1OgE41slig2vo1_400.gif

tumblr_o221svAmiM1slig2vo1_400.gif

tumblr_nj2ejeVTY11slig2vo1_400.gif

tumblr_nj2e401DNN1slig2vo2_500.gif

let's gooooooooooooo

let's go? More like:

9hoztfk.gif

So when will atlus start putting games on PC?

Hopefully tomorrow but honestly probably never. They don't seem to care about getting the most sales potential out of their games. IE SMT Nocturne and both DDS game are available on PSN.... for PS3 only. SMT4A a re-release that could have been on anything... 3DS only.

marmoka

Banned
Imagine it's just an unlockable costume for Bayonetta costing 1 million halos after beating the game in infinite climax.

That would be funny.

Hugstable

Banned
Hopefully tomorrow but honestly probably never. They don't seem to care about getting the most sales potential out of their games. IE SMT Nocturne and both DDS game are available on PSN.... for PS3 only. SMT4A a re-release that could have been on anything... 3DS only.

SMTIV A is not a re-release, it's a new game, and a sequel to a game whose first part was on the 3ds

javac

Always fascinated by the fervour directed towards Vanquish. I've taken a liking to everything that Platinum has done but I absolutely hated this game for some reason.

EGM1966

Sure, but it's not like they could have looked at PC sales and developed the port in that time. The Vanquish port was going to happen regardless of sales.

Yes, hence the desire for a PC port.
I was looking at it from view that if sales were terrible they might question bothering to conclude Vanquish port.

That said timelines do indicate they were fairly committed to both.

Of course that assumes imminent release which isn't confirmed.

Always fascinated by the fervour directed towards Vanquish. I've taken a liking to everything that Platinum has done but I absolutely hated this game for some reason.

I'll tell you why: best gameplay of any third person shooter, great boss fights and enemy design.

Anteater

i can see people not liking it, content wise it's pretty weak compared to bayo, but if you're willing to try and explore the combat it's actually quite nice, i still love it, and I think if it launch with a 20 dollar price tag you can't really go wrong

TirMcGrey

If this is true then this makes me insanely happy, Vanquish is definatly a game that will benefit being (properly) ported over to PC.

jacobeid

Banned
I was looking at it from view that if sales were terrible they might question bothering to conclude Vanquish port.

That said timelines do indicate they were fairly committed to both.

Of course that assumes imminent release which isn't confirmed.

True on all accounts! Sorry if my post came off as attacking...Definitely did not mean for it to be taken that way :)

Why are these PC sales good but what any Platinum game sold on 360 is seen as so abysmal that MS systems should be ignored going forward?

Sega probably realized how much bank they could make off porting their older titles to PC after Bayonetta sold so well on Steam.

It really is a thing of beauty. Great ports of great games for great prices.

Battlechili

Banned
SEGA is working on these ports a lot faster than they've typically been. I'm pretty excited! Vanquish seems like a game that'd benefit immensely from being on PC, and the game itself looks pretty crazy too! Lots of stuff happening all at once, I love it.

I hope SEGA keeps these coming though. I love Platinum Games but I'm more of a fan of JRPGs than anything. Dunno how much influence they have over Atlus, but even if Atlus games aren't do-able I'd love to see Resonance of Fate see a re-release someday.

Diablos

I might have to plug in my gaming PC for the first time in a year for Bayonetta and Vanquish

So glad this is (probably) happening.

Not a pc gamer but congratulations to you lot if it turns out true. Been a long time waiting for some of you. Hope it gives the franchise a second run if it sells well enough.

Top Bottom