• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked for FREE with purchase of $15 prepaid phone this week.

Vlade

Grimløck;137198380 said:
dumb question: where are the gamer club cards located in best buy? i don't want to wander around the store like an idiot for 30 minutes looking for it.

behind a counter (near the games area) at mine, you have to ask

I seriously cannot believe this deal lasted this long. I'm skeptical that it'll work in about 4 hours when I get off of work, but I'll give it a shot.

Joei

LOL i did too.

i think it was just a reflex, like tipping the dealer after a hand playing out like that.

Ha, me too. I felt I had to give a dollar after getting such a great deal. It sucks that I did mine prior to finding out about the price match. I think I'm going to head up there tomorrow, get a 5$ phone and add 2 years to my plan. 4 years of GCU for 20$ is a pretty good deal.

I hope Best Buy does a B2G1 free deal soon. 3 new games for 96$? Yes, please.

Good Question. Was thinking of donating it.

I'm gonna donate mine. I just tried giving it to my wife as a present and she looked at it like, "thanks......but, uh, what's wrong with you? Why are you giving me this??"

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
At BB to price match the Tracphone. I need to buy the phone multiple times to extend it multiple years of course, yes?

jmizzal

Just went to BB after work and it worked for me, got the 14.99 phone

The guy was cool and he was gamer too lol, he was telling he did the $30 GCU with COD AW and was playing the game last night and telling me how good COD is. Then I told him I was doing this deal with buying a phone, he didnt know about it, I asked did he want to see the ad, and he said naw lets just see if it works. Then it worked and he was shocked that it worked with a prepaid phone, he said he might do it too and stack this deal on top of the COD deal he did earlier lol.

jmizzal

Do you need a card for Gamers Club unlocked?

I know with the free account you dont need a card, the guy didnt give me a card but it is on my receipt that it went thru

The cashier got on the radio and called over 2 other employees to show them the deal (with price match) while he was ringing it up...they ran over to get their own phones. Did my $1 donation as well!

Einhandr

Got them to price match the $5 tracphone from RadioShack. Walked out with a 2 year extension for $6.49. YYYEEEEEOOOOWWWW!!!!

Got this for five bucks, what a steal. I have $40 gift card from trading in Destiny which means I get dragon age inquisition for free when it comes out :D

SegaShack

Good God. I actually got them to pricematch the LG phone to RadioShack's price of $5. I almost feel guilty. The check out guy was super nice and helpful.

Luckily I was able to donate $1 to St. Jude as a counterbalance :)
LOL. I didn't price match (got it for $15) but I also donated a dollar cause it was such a good deal.

Now I know where I'm getting games till 2018.

Will the cashier ask me to? I guess I should. It's not really taking money from anyone but best buy, though.
Mine said "would you like to donate and pointed to the screen. You can pick your value on the screen, but ya, you should at least give a buck so they don't think you're a total jerk haha

Will the cashier ask me to? I guess I should. It's not really taking money from anyone but best buy, though.
Yup. They'll point to the screen (the one you usually use for credit card signatures) and you can hit the amount you want! I don't feel that bad about Best Buy's money, but it felt good to redirect some of my savings to charity!

Mine said "would you like to donate and pointed to the screen. You can pick your value on the screen, but ya, you should at least give a buck so they don't think you're a total jerk haha

Did you get the deal to work? I remember yesterday their register was janky. I hope it worked out brother!

GameE

I saw the deal on CAG yesterday and did it. I'm tempted to go back for another 2 years with the Radioshack price match :p

took advantage of this deal about an hour ago. very happy

i'll cancel my fc4 pre-order at GS after i get the blood ruby dlc code, then pre order it again at BB so i can save some dough.

ill pre-order the new batman game as well

Jomjom

Banned
Ok end date extended to 2024. I'm now sure Best Buy won't be around by then but who cares!

Remember guys the best deal isn't even on new games. For me it's when best buy clearances or puts games on crazy discounts and you STILL get 20 percent off the sale price.

Basically every game eventually goes down to 20 bucks or less and getting those for 16 each every time is freaking awesome!

Ok end date extended to 2024. I'm now sure Best Buy won't be around by then but who cares!

Remember guys the best deal isn't even on new games. For me it's when best buy clearances or puts games on crazy discounts and you STILL get 20 percent off the sale price.

Basically every game eventually goes down to 20 bucks or less and getting those for 16 each every time is freaking awesome!

Well, technically the best deal is definitely on new games.

Higher starting price = higher price drop

But, savings are savings, so I'll definitely take clearance items for even less.

Just did it myself, was relatively painless. Hats off to the OP for the heads up on this.

They didn't have any more of the z222's on the shelf, nor any GCU cards, but just asked someone for them and they produced handily.

I seriously cannot believe this deal lasted this long. I'm skeptical that it'll work in about 4 hours when I get off of work, but I'll give it a shot.

Its in the ad, they can't go back on it now and will have to offer it until the offer runs it's course. To be honest this is a drop in the bucket for BB, they're losing money on a service but they'll reap the benefits when everyone goes to them for their games vs gamestop or amazon.

Ha, me too. I felt I had to give a dollar after getting such a great deal.
Well now I feel like a monster. I thought about it but thought it might mess something up so I didn't risk it.

Anyways, price matched it once, almost got flak for trying to price match ("is it in stock at a local store?") but they stopped mid sentence and gave the Price Match. Walked out, checked my phone, saw that my GCU updated on my account. Walked in and did it a second time (they only had two phones on the shelf). "Didn't you just price match this?" "Yes."

So I'm set until November 2nd, 2018.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Returned the $15 from yesterday and price matched two of the $5 phones from today. Four years for $10. I would have done six years but I recognized the cashier (as a gamer) and left the last one for him. Also donated a dollar for the karma balancing.

I was gonna go all digital this gen too...

RagnarokX

Returned the $15 from yesterday and price matched two of the $5 phones from today. Four years for $10. I would have done six years but I recognized the cashier (as a gamer) and left the last one for him. Also donated a dollar for the karma balancing.

I was gonna go all digital this gen too...
lol. I donated a dollar, too.

DedValve

Banned
Don't donate to charity. Enough negative karma and your soul world tendancy will be pure black. All those foolish black phantoms are yours for the taking!

Downhome

I also just got back from doing the PM to Radio Shack. They had three of those phones on the shelf so I grabbed all three. Like others, I also donated a buck at the end. It was amazingly simple, they didn't put up any sort of fight at all. I couldn't believe it.

Where do I go online to confirm how many years are on my GCU now? I've been looking and haven't had any luck at all yet. I know it's right in front of me but I'm just overlooking it.

Wait, so you can return the phone and not lose your GCU? Are we sure about this?

Also, I bought it for $14.99. Can I go to customer service and have them adjust it to price match radio shack?

Koppai

Yay I work there now but I was gonna take advantage of this deal but since the discount is a little better I think I'm okay.

Just got this done (with the Radio Shack price match) at the Gurnee, IL store. There were only two of those price matched phones left when I was done with my transaction.

Top Bottom