• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked for FREE with purchase of $15 prepaid phone this week.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Just did this and I think BB realized they fucked up. The Z222 now rings up at $24.99 and applied to all the stores in my area (Hampton Roads VA). I had to go to customer service to get them to to refund me back $10 because the tag on the shelf said $14.99. YMMV.

I have a question.

I went to preorder AC Unity today and they said gamers club isn't applied until I actually go pick up the game. This struck me as odd, does this affect my $10 reward I get for preordering?

Psykoboy2

I have a question.

I went to preorder AC Unity today and they said gamers club isn't applied until I actually go pick up the game. This struck me as odd, does this affect my $10 reward I get for preordering?

Yeah, you don't get that $10 reward until you actually buy the game.

Just went to two stores. The first one was cleaned out of the cheap phones and the second only had $20+ phones left. Not quite the $5 super deal I was hoping for but a great deal nonetheless.

I have a question.

That's totally normal, I normally put like $5 down for in store preorders, my receipt says I owe $55, but when I pick up the game and they ring it up, I owe like $43. Then you get the rewards certificate around 3 weeks later in your MyBestBuy account. You should get am email saying you got the $10 too...

Koppai

Can I take the receipt back to any best buy and pricematch it, even if they don't have it in stock at that Best Buy? Or do they only pricematch it at time of sell?

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Grabbed this deal with the price match and 1 dollar donation for 6 bucks and some change.

Going back later this week to pre-order Smash. Thanke-sai GAF

dralla

Got it. I showed the cashier the GAF thread for the directions. So there's no physical card, right? I just give them my phone number and everything works? If BB had release day delivery, this shit would be incredible

Got it. I showed the cashier the GAF thread for the directions. So there's no physical card, right? I just give them my phone number and everything works? If BB had release day delivery, this shit would be incredible

No card. Some people mentioned getting games day-of if it's a big release. I always get packages super late like 6-7pm when I ordered on Amazon so being able to go in store for me is real nice.

rSpooky

Just did this and I think BB realized they fucked up. The Z222 now rings up at $24.99 and applied to all the stores in my area (Hampton Roads VA). I had to go to customer service to get them to to refund me back $10 because the tag on the shelf said $14.99. YMMV.
Same . also HR area. But they guy said they have been doing it themselves lol. They did price override at cash to fix it for me.

NickFire

Just went to two stores. The first one was cleaned out of the cheap phones and the second only had $20+ phones left. Not quite the $5 super deal I was hoping for but a great deal nonetheless.

Perhaps there are more passionate gamers who follow the industry online then commonly believed.

Koppai

Hey guys, WARNING about Pricematching

Best Buy doesn't pricematch after you made the purchase, you can only do it when you are buying it. The only way to do the pricematch if you already bought it, is to return the device, but that might fuck up the gamers club discount you received.

So don't do it.

Brew124

Came to just say the same thing. Best Buy in North Canton, OH was sold out of the 440G, so I had to do the Z222. It rung up as $24.99, but they marked it down to $14.99 as the tag on the shelf still said the older price. Heading to another Best Buy on my way home to see if they have anymore of the 440G's for the $5 RadioShack price match.

Also shout out to the other guy at the Best Buy I was just at that was doing the same thing and said he saw it on GAF.

Kumubou

Checked my local Best Buy, all of the $15 phones were cleaned out but I did find a couple for $20. Couldn't price match it though, but it's still cheaper than the previous week's offer and I'm already at a wash with the Smash bundle so it's not too bad.

Joei

Well this was interesting. I purchased a 15$ ATT phone yesterday afternoon and decided to go back today to get a few of the 5$ LG ones and possibly return the one I got yesterday, well, they were cleaned out the 5$ phones and the ATT one was jacked up to 25$. There's one other BB in the area that I can go to on my way home, gonna stop and see if they have any LG ones. But that was fast.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
So I found out one of the phones I got wasn't the LG 440G. It was a different phone with a very similar box. So I went back to Best Buy (different one, 'cause the other one was out of the way) and exchanged it for the correct phone. Went through without a hitch and my account still shows 2018.

Just drove to my second closest Best Buy to do it again today

Online showed they had LG440's in stock, went in, found where they should be, it was empty. Asked an employee, he checked, said there should be 2 still in store. He checked some storage within the mobile section for me to no avail. I started feeling bad about the whole thing and boom there they were on the wrong rack right next to the right rack.

I only took one because I felt bad, got a GCU card from the gaming section, went to the register. At the register did the phone first, asked for the radioshack price match, had him put in my phone number for rewards, then handed him the GCU to scan. Went off without a hitch, donated $5 to st. Judes

Felt good afterwards :)

Might go again tomorrow lol

brah, im in bad newz va. I went to the williamsburg best buy to do it

Brew124

Best Buy in Fairlawn, OH had one 440G phone left in stock. Picked it up and had the guy at the front do the $5 price match. Then he looked at the screen for a good minute. Said "that can't be right." I assured him it was, but he deleted the Gamers Club Unlocked line and rescanned it, and it came back up as $0.00. He nearly had a heart attack, but asked for my signature and sent me on my way. I'm good through 2018 now.

Hell yeah 4 years for $10 + tax. I guess I was the first in my area to do this and they were shocked. How long should it before I get the coupons and how long before they expire?

Flandy

It keeps telling my best buy that the gcu card is invalid and to scan again or something even when they scan it without the phone lol :(

Just got my welcome email from best buy. I subscribed to GCU yesterday and the coupons expire on December 31, 2014. The bad thing is that the coupons are valid in-stores only :(

It keeps telling my best buy that the gcu card is invalid and to scan again or something even when they scan it without the phone lol :(

Maybe the card was scanned by someone else already? Not sure how it works. The cashier should have a code they could input to add GCU to the order. That's how they did it for me.

Just got my welcome email from best buy. I subscribed to GCU yesterday and the coupons expire on December 31, 2014. The bad thing is that the coupons are valid in-stores only :(

Thanks! Was hoping for more time as I really only buy future press guides (I liked the dark souls one). I guess they don't carry those anyway. Anyone have any recommendations for any guides coming out?

Success! The manager knew exactly what the deal was. She even price matched without me saying anything because she has done so many.

What is the deal with the $10 promotional credit?

greyskull

Another success story. Had to do the Z222 and they price matched it with AT&T's website for $15.

Now I think I need to understand how the 20% discount and the $10 credit work. It sounds like I won't see anything different while pre-ordering; just gotta put $5 down towards the pre-order and it'll come up cheaper when I purchase? And the $10 cert will not show up on the receipt, just in my account later?

Ziocyte

This seems ultra sketchy, but if your store was out of LG440Gs...

What if you buy an LG440G from Radio Shack for $4.99. Then stroll over to BB with the phone in hand and walk straight through to the check out line and hand it to them. Have them ring up the deal and price match it to Radio Shack and buy your own phone from them.

Reasons why it might work:

- I don't imagine unique models per store on an item that cheap and generic. Likely all skus/barcodes are identical for any LG you find out in the wild.

- A lot of stores don't have prevention for negative inventory.

Total price $9.98 + tax

Reasons why you probably shouldn't try it:

- It is probably illegal.

Joei

Decided to go back to the best buy cause the online site said they had them in stock, sure enough, I asked and they had 3 locked up of the 5$ ones. So if your store doesn't have any on display, make sure you check online and ask somebody!

LOLCats

Banned
This seems ultra sketchy, but if your store was out of LG440Gs...

What if you buy an LG440G from Radio Shack for $4.99. Then stroll over to BB with the phone in hand and walk straight through to the check out line and hand it to them. Have them ring up the deal and price match it to Radio Shack and buy your own phone from them.

Reasons why it might work:

- I don't imagine unique models per store on an item that cheap and generic. Likely all skus/barcodes are identical for any LG you find out in the wild.

- A lot of stores don't have prevention for negative inventory.

Total price $9.98 + tax

Reasons why you probably shouldn't try it:

- It is probably illegal.

Thats crazy and like reverse return fraud. my head hurts.

Success! The manager knew exactly what the deal was. She even price matched without me saying anything because she has done so many.

What is the deal with the $10 promotional credit?

Another success story. Had to do the Z222 and they price matched it with AT&T's website for $15.

Now I think I need to understand how the 20% discount and the $10 credit work. It sounds like I won't see anything different while pre-ordering; just gotta put $5 down towards the pre-order and it'll come up cheaper when I purchase? And the $10 cert will not show up on the receipt, just in my account later?

This should help......

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/games-p...10/pcmcat308100050002.c?id=pcmcat308100050002

Top Bottom