• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked for FREE with purchase of $15 prepaid phone this week.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Thank you and OP for this. Extended my membership to 2018 for $5!

Now what the hell do I do with this phone?

Donate it to Toys for Tots? I'm sure some kids could make use of the camera, or if it has an mp3 player.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Anyone with a BB open now better do it within 30 minutes... The Best Buy's near me love to call into corporate and kill these deals.

Speedwagon

Shit... The lg440g just went unavailable en masse in my area online... Stores open in 25 minutes...

Anyone with a BB open now better do it within 30 minutes... The Best Buy's near me love to call into corporate and kill these deals.

Geez. I did this once but now I'm debating doing it again to extend it. Hmm maybe by the time it is about to run out they will have it on sale again for 30 dollars or so. I'm too lazy to get on the bus right now.

LG440 says its in stock on the website but they clearly pulled them from the shelf. The dudes working the cell phone section knew exactly what was going on.

mr2xxx

Banned

If they do

relieved.gif

inki

I looked over the phones but couldn't find the holy grail in question. I started to panic inside, my heart pounded and my body started to sweat. I turned the aisle and there it was, glowing, calling to me. I grabbed the phone and went to get in line. I grabbed a coke zero because I knew I would need something to calm my nerves after this clandestine operation. I spied the "Gamers Club" card hanging precariously from the side of the register. I was called up by the young lady who seemed new.
The 2nd cashier (hipster) brushed his eyes over my tan ensemble and seemed to gag when he noticed that I had shaved sometime within November. Luckily he was distracted by another employee who hated customers as much as he. I grabbed the card in question and was about to read off my reward id number, when she stopped and looked confused. She asked for my telephone number, I gave it to her and the process was going great. I scanned for other "Supervisor" types that may ruin this day. Luckily the hipster was still speaking to his co-worker about suspenders or some such. When we got to the price match (she knew about the Radioshack!) she explained I needed to visit Mobile to do that with phones per her Manager.
I thought I had been had! But luckily I walked "calmly" over to the mobile section. I eyed the clerk... Team lead.. shit... I mustered all my courage and walked over with what could only be considered as swagger (to everyone else who may have looked I about tripped and ate a mobile kiosk).
I handed "Erik" (if that's his real name) the phone and was trying to follow the simple instructions. Member #, phone, card, price match. But Nooooo he scanned the phone, then the card, then the ID number. I was exasperated and ready to faint right there. He looked at me and was like "Wow thats a great deal" as he looked past me. CRAP I knew it, he was signaling the guards who would loose the dogs that would rend my flesh from my quivering bones. But wait, he hands me a receipt after I pay. Doves released from the Blu-Ray end caps and angels with their tear inducing visage' smiled upon me. I turned and with a hop in my step exited the store. My trial complete I rejoiced with an elbow pump and an inward "Atta Boy".

TLDR : It worked for me.

Picked up 2 phones for a total of 4 years extra.

Phones bought were the LG flip that radio shack had on add . So for 10 bucks got 4 years with no problem whatsoever.

So cal BestBuy

I looked over the phones but couldn't find the holy grail in question. I started to panic inside, my heart pounded and my body started to sweat. I turned the aisle and there it was, glowing, calling to me. I grabbed the phone and went to get in line. I grabbed a coke zero because I knew I would need something to calm my nerves after this clandestine operation. I spied the "Gamers Club" card hanging precariously from the side of the register. I was called up by the young lady who seemed new.
The 2nd cashier (hipster) brushed his eyes over my tan ensemble and seemed to gag when he noticed that I had shaved sometime within November. Luckily he was distracted by another employee who hated customers as much as he. I grabbed the card in question and was about to read off my reward id number, when she stopped and looked confused. She asked for my telephone number, I gave it to her and the process was going great. I scanned for other "Supervisor" types that may ruin this day. Luckily the hipster was still speaking to his co-worker about suspenders or some such. When we got to the price match (she knew about the Radioshack!) she explained I needed to visit Mobile to do that with phones per her Manager.
I thought I had been had! But luckily I walked "calmly" over to the mobile section. I eyes the clerk... Team lead.. shit... I mustered all my courage and walked over with what could only be considered as swagger (to everyone else who may have looked I about tripped and ate a mobile kiosk).
I handed "Erik" (if that's his real name) the phone and was trying to follow the simple instructions. Member #, phone, card, price match. But Nooooo he scanned the phone, then the card, then the ID number. I was exasperated and ready to faint right there. He looked at me and was like "Wow thats a great deal" as he looked past me. CRAP I knew it, he was signaling the guards who would loose the dogs that would rend my flesh from my quivering bones. But wait, he hands me a receipt after I pay. Doves released from the Blu-Ray end caps and angels with their tear inducing visage' smiled upon me. I turned and with a hop in my step exited the store. My trial complete I rejoiced with an elbow pump and an inward "Atta Boy".

You win the "Best Post by a Junior Member" for the week. Well told. Good Effort.

I thought I had been had! But luckily I walked "calmly" over to the mobile section. I eyes the clerk... Team lead.. shit... I mustered all my courage and walked over with what could only be considered as swagger (to everyone else who may have looked I about tripped and ate a mobile kiosk).

I grabbed a coke zero because I knew I would need something to calm my nerves after this clandestine operation.

This is only unbelievable part. You should never purchase a Coke Zero to calm your nerves.

Always go with Gatorade.

If you don't have a current UGC membership, can you still do this? Like can you sign up when you get it, or is it only for those that already have it? I just went to Best Buy yesterday to pick up my copy of COD but didn't find out about this till now.

OraleeWey

Damn, no phones left in Tysons Corner VA. Guess I'll try the dc store when I get home tonight.
Go to Leesburg Pike. I was there earlier. You'll be the second person to do this :)

Edit: Don't go to Pentagon city. Horrible there. You have to pay for parking too.

OraleeWey

This is amazing. Omg

So, when does this deal end?

11/7 I believe but I can't believe they haven't stopped accepting the 14.99 deal

Edit--It's 11/8 as it's part of their weekly deals:

Gamers Club Unlocked Membership Offer Details:
Valid 11/2/14-11/8/14. My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked program is a 2-year paid membership and is valid in the 50 U.S./D.C., excluding P.R. Sign-up in store only. Membership is non-returnable and non-refundable. 20% discount valid on new physical software only, excludes digital content, and is limited to 3 copies of each software title per platform per year per member. See BestBuy.com/GCBenefits for terms. Offer available in store only. If you return your mobile phone, for any reason, your return will be less the cost of Gamers Club Unlocked Membership (Reg. Price $99.99). Includes Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint. Offer includes No-Contract phones without activation needed.

This thread continues to deliver!

Bravo, lol

TI82

Banned
Does anybody have a picture of the ad showing that RadioShack $5 deal? Their site won't load correctly for me it's all broken images. Or hell even a screenshot of the site would be perfect.

DrZeus

If you don't have a current UGC membership, can you still do this? Like can you sign up when you get it, or is it only for those that already have it? I just went to Best Buy yesterday to pick up my copy of COD but didn't find out about this till now.

I need to know this as well.

SegaShack

It's for anyone. If you don't have a membership it will make one. If you do, it will extend it.

Just did this on a break. No hassle. Don't but many games full priced but this would stack with amazon/other price matching no?

It was 5$ can't complain. Donated another 5 to st Jude's.

Riddy

Any south floridians out there, the boynton and Boca stores are back in stock of the trakfones! Was able to get a price match and got the gamer membership for 5 dollars and change. The cashier couldn't believe it!

Speedwagon

Just did this on a break. No hassle. Don't but many games full priced but this would stack with amazon/other price matching no?

It was 5$ can't complain. Donated another 5 to st Jude's.

Someone in this thread said it doesnt stack with PM

Someone in this thread said it doesnt stack with PM
Yes, not valid with price matching:

Q: Can the 20% off benefit be combined with a price match?
A: At the time of purchase, you would receive either the price match or 20% off. You would not be able to receive 20% off of a matched price. If Best Buy's price is lowered during the return/exchange period, the price will be matched to the lower price (upon request). My Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked Members should receive the new price along with the 20% discount. This price match covers one price match per identical item per customer.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/My-Best-Buy-Gamers-Club/My-Best-Buy-Gamers-Club-Unlocked/td-p/723505

I thought I had been had! But luckily I walked "calmly" over to the mobile section. I eyed the clerk... Team lead.. shit... I mustered all my courage and walked over with what could only be considered as swagger (to everyone else who may have looked I about tripped and ate a mobile kiosk).

Lost it. Guess I'll try tho after work.

D_psipher

I just got back from the Best Buy at Perimeter in Atlanta and I got the last 14.99 phone. Did the RadioShack PM and donated $5 to St. Jude. The funny thing is the cashier never asked me to donate. I guess she figured I would not donate. She did a second transaction for the donation. Feels good because I rarely catch these deals.

Speedwagon

Welp, after much anxiety... Success! 2 phones and 4 years GCU. They had 3 phones left. Cashier and management were clueless. I had to pull out all the stops to get it to roll. The cashier was impressed and said he was gonna get in on the deal himself.

Thank you NeoGAF!

seabass0

Got 4 of those price matched LG440's for $20 total.

I'm set on Gamer's Club until 2022.

Insane deal.

Hahah, this cracked me up. For some reason, I doubt Best Buy, let alone Gamers Club Unlocked will even be around in 2022. Great effort though...love it.

Hahah, this cracked me up. For some reason, I doubt Best Buy, let alone Gamers Club Unlocked will even be around in 2022. Great effort though...love it.

Well when the program was introduced, there was a lot concern with whether or not Best Buy would still be around for two years. Price was not much of a concern even though it was $120 initially. Let's hope this program is just as beneficial for Best Buy as it for the consumer because I've pretty much ignored Amazon for all my games ever since I became a GCU member.

Top Bottom