• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked for FREE with purchase of $15 prepaid phone this week.

Afrikan

Thankx GAF once again, you came through...I'm sure other forums helped out initially, but that net10 thing made it so convenient.

As much as I want to go digital as much as I can....this deal was hard to pass up.

got 2 of them, and donated for each.

cashier initially tried to tell me they can't be stacked...or in his words...it won't work with more than one...but I nicely told him, lets try anyway...one at a time.

Joei

Cool, hopefully you are just lucky then and don't get charged for it. I also got the $15 AT&T phone but I think I'll just play it safe and keep it

I hope I don't get charged and I doubt I'll see a charge at this point. I imagine I would have been notified of the charge on my credit card immediately and not days later. My intent was to return both and buy an activation card, since it was cheaper, but whatever. That said, the 2 years still haven't been taken off my account either, I'll have to check that in a day or so and see if it updates, but I have 8 years for the time being lol.

I don't know if it's already been answered but does it work on line?

Sorry I am on my phone and driving so I cannot search the thread.

Doesnt work online unfortunately. Went by BB last night to double/triple dip and they were closed at 9! WTF man ha

Why can't Dragon Age have the $10 GC

so I went to a store around me and while they understood the deal and could price match the phone, they said it didn't work with contractless phones and even looked at the fine print and details to point it out. couldn't find anything that proved them wrong, but I had read on Slickdeals that GCU should just automatically add to you account even if you don't scan a card, so I didn't bother to fight for long and just got the phone, tagging it with my MyBestBuy account, but I don't see GCU on my account page now, about 12 hours later. Might have to go back shortly and see if I can sort it out.

this is what I get for dealing with the Mobile department and not just taking it to the checkout counter

OraleeWey

so I went to a store around me and while they understood the deal and could price match the phone, they said it didn't work with contractless phones and even looked at the fine print and details to point it out. couldn't find anything that proved them wrong, but I had read on Slickdeals that GCU should just automatically add to you account even if you don't scan a card, so I didn't bother to fight for long and just got the phone, tagging it with my MyBestBuy account, but I don't see GCU on my account page now, about 12 hours later. Might have to go back shortly and see if I can sort it out.

this is what I get for dealing with the Mobile department and not just taking it to the checkout counter

You definitely need the GCU card or SKU. Some employees don't even know their own deals they got going on.

witness

Going to best buy during my lunch break and buying those Net10 SIM cards, and I already have a $5 rewards certificate. Hopefully it still in stock, as it says it is online, when I get there.

Petrie

Banned
All in one transaction?

Yep. With no issue. Scanned the Club cards, saw the $315 total. Prayed. She scanned the each Net 10 card, hit a button on the keyboard for each, and the discounts happened.

So easy. And I was at the customer service desk too since it was the only lane open.

CornDogg

Yep. With no issue. Scanned the Club cards, saw the $315 total. Prayed. She scanned the each Net 10 card, hit a button on the keyboard for each, and the discounts happened.

So easy. And I was at the customer service desk too since it was the only lane open.

Awesome, thanks! I'll probably try doing the same thing after work. I have a Mystery Reward certificate (probably for $5) that I'm going to try to throw in there as well.

Petrie

Banned
Awesome, thanks! I'll probably try doing the same thing after work. I have a Mystery Reward certificate (probably for $5) that I'm going to try to throw in there as well.

I'm pretty psyched it worked. I'm tempted to add even more years, but figure the thing won't exist by then.

Now I just need to figure out where on the web to verify my membership is active.

E92 M3

You guys are tempting to go to 2020, even though I don't necessarily need it lol. 4 years is more than enough as it stands now.

After activating the gamers club option I thought you could only do in store pick up of games. When I tried to preorder online it seems I have the option of having games shipped to me free. The discount seems to still be active. Would this affect getting the preorder gift card? If not I may go this route for some games in the future to save me the trip.

Az987

all good things
Picked up 2 of the net10 sims a few minutes ago. Once the price dropped the cashier got confused so I told him what was up haha.

Took a minute becuase the support didnt know what GCU was. When he finally got it and I grabbed a net10 card he said it only works with phones. I insisted he try it and boom 102 dollar savings hah this is prrtty much highway robbery. I highly recommend others jump on the deal.

Gonna try to convince a friend to go with me again tonight for the double up.

Grabbed 2 more today after the Net10 activation heads up. Girl was so impressed she seriously shook my hand. Called a few people over and they were all like WTF.

48 dollar games all generation! plus random 10 GC for preorders and 5 GC for points.

AMAZING

edit: Also hooked up St Jude again. Only felt right. Hopefully they are benefiting as well. I highly recommend since we are getting hooked up so much

Petrie

Banned
Just curious, why don't Nintendo games have a pre-order bonus? It seems like it's only 360/Xbone or PS3/4 games.

To be realistic about it, Best Buy doesn't really care about selling them, as Nintendo doesn't make the push other companies do for pre-orders and such. Their games have a long tail.

Toki767

Just curious, why don't Nintendo games have a pre-order bonus? It seems like it's only 360/Xbone or PS3/4 games.

My thought was they actually have to go through some sort of publisher approval for these deals. It's why there are more Xbox One first party games and less PS4 ones as part of the deal.

Idk if this has been answered before, but does the 10% trade in value stack with any other store wide bonuses?

I ask becuase I can trade in Mordor for 41.50 if it stacks.

Petrie

Banned
My thought was they actually have to go through some sort of publisher approval for these deals. It's why there are more Xbox One first party games and less PS4 ones as part of the deal.

Seems like that's because there are simply more first party MS games that exist.

kribz

I tried this deal with the NET10 card and my total was over 100 dollars.... I was mortified! The cashier accidently rang up two club cards (one was free and the other was full price). It seemed like an eternity for him to fix the mistake. The whole time I was worried that the deal was done and I had missed the ship.

I preorder Halo: The Master Chief Collection afterwards (@ bestbuy.com) and got a 10 dollar gift certificate too! It was a good day

Thanks Gaf!

dralla

Went back and got four more years with the NET10 adapter thing. So six years total. Feels good man

That LG phone was wiped out when I went back. People are catching on

SegaShack

It says right in the fine print, under #4 that it works on contractless unactivated phones.

Net10 thing worked like a charm. Glad I checked in on this thread. Used the mystery certificate they sent me earlier in the week to get an extra $5 off. So 2 years of GCU for $2.19.

I had already gotten in on two previous promotions for $30 each. So now I have 6 years for a total out of pocket of $62.19. Not as good as some of you guys but I have been a member since last January and already made over $60 back in savings. The next 5+ years will be all gravy.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Anyone else not seeing a date/year in their Overview page anymore?

where do i see the date/year again? Under certificates?

Goto your account, click on rewards -> overview.

14caa3bf6ac109ef665bebd3f468bacb.png

:(

netguy503

Goto your account, click on rewards -> overview.

14caa3bf6ac109ef665bebd3f468bacb.png

:(

Thanks but see my edit. I'm still good until May, 2020. Though One thing to point out I only did the $15 phone deal and never PM'd RS or did the activation cards.

I was planning to do the activation cards but now what do you guys think...should I just leave it be and keep it at 2020 or should I chance doing the deal and getting my account messed with by BB?

Thanks but see my edit. I'm still good until May, 2020. Though One thing to point out I only did the $15 phone deal and never PM'd RS or do the activation cards.

I was planning to do the activation cards but now what do you guys think...should I just leave it be and keep it at 2020 or should I change doing the deal and getting my account messed with by BB?

I was good until 2020 as well and all I did was ring up at the store, nothing more.

Edit - Looks like others are having the issue but per Bestbuy they haven't done anything.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/My-Bes...ed-Is-not-showing-expiration-date/td-p/872531

netguy503

I was good until 2020 as well and all I did was ring up at the store, nothing more.

Did you do the $15 phone deal or did you pricematch RS/do activation cards and not phones (the ad says only phones)? Just thinking why they would do something like this because you were kind of going against the ad with activation cards, wither it was in their system or not.

Piscus

I was unlocked until 2016 already, but I couldn't let this opportunity slip buy. Bought six more years for $23 and am now set until 2022. Can't wait until next gen!

EDIT: Bought the Net10 cards for $7+ a piece; one at one store and two at another store.

Top Bottom