• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked for FREE with purchase of $15 prepaid phone this week.

netguy503

Ok I just called them. Says it may take up to 72 hours to show up on the site even though when I was there they saw it go through as soon as the transaction took place- so that's odd. I will give them 72 hours. This better update to 2022 or I'm returning this phone. :(

Ok I just called them. Says it may take up to 72 hours to show up on the site even though when I was there they saw it go through as soon as the transaction took place- so that's odd. I will give them 72 hours. This better update to 2022 or I'm returning this phone. :(

Alright good. Because I'm looking at the Rewards overview page and don't see anything about GCU there. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place? I assume I can use the discount immediately right?

GCU memberships are non-returnable and non-refundable. The small print on your receipt should detail that returning the phone will break up the bundle and reverse the GCU savings.

One member on here seems to have had good luck with such a return but I most certainly wouldn't recommend it

netguy503

GCU memberships are non-returnable and non-refundable. The small print on your receipt should detail that returning the phone will break up the bundle and reverse the GCU savings.

One member on here seems to have had good luck with such a return but I most certainly wouldn't recommend it

Why would that matter when I'm not getting the benefits of the membership anyway? Read my post. The extra years arent showing up on my account. So it's pretty much like I bought the phone (mind you I didn't hustle bestbuy and paid the full $15 with no pricemath) with none of the perks of this sale and it's been a few hours now. I will wait 72 but after that I'm going to be MAD.

Edit: There are no GCU savings to reverse right now. LOL (laugh until you cry) :(

Why would that matter when I'm not getting the benefits of the membership anyway? Read my post. The extra years arent showing up on my account. So it's pretty much like I bought the phone (mind you I didn't hustle bestbuy and paid the full $15 with no pricemath) with none of the perks of this sale and it's been a few hours now. I will wait 72 but after that I'm going to be MAD.

Edit: There are no GCU savings to reverse right now. LOL (laugh until you cry) :(

My point was simply that the 2 years of GCU might appear on your account 4 days from now after you've already returned the phone and broken the bundle up. If I was you I would go onto best buys forums and ask a mod there to check your GCU expiration date

netguy503

Jesus Christ people have for 15 years?

God damn!!

why not after this hot mess this deal will probably never happen again. I stopped after I was sure I had enough to cover this console generation (which will probably end in 2020 but I wanted two more years just to be sure).

Carib2g

Banned
Went to 2 BBs today. Only had a single Net10 activation kit left between the two stores...added the two years.

My membership was updated immediately on the site, and lists October 24, 2020 as my expiration date.

Note: prior to taking advantage of this deal, my expiration date never showed, but after adding 2 years (a couple days ago) an expiration date finally displayed on their site.

So, as of now...I'm still seeing my expiration date listed, and like I stated before, the site was updated immediately after purchase(s) with my new expiration date.

netguy503

Went to 2 BBs today. Only had a single Net10 activation kit left between the two stores...added the two years.

My membership was updated immediately on the site, and lists October 24, 2020 as my expiration date.

Note: prior to taking advantage of this deal, my expiration date never showed, but after adding 2 years (a couple days ago) an expiration date finally displayed on their site.

So, as of now...I'm still seeing my expiration date listed, and like I stated before, the site was updated immediately after purchase(s) with my new expiration date.

The site was updated right after purchase? You're gonna make me cry. If I see in my purchase history the points I got from today (which I don't, thankfully) with no 2022 date on my gamers club unlocked, I'm gonna be MAD.

Now that a substantial amount of us have the Club we need a good dedicated weekly Best Buy ad thread. I go to CAG but it would be nice to have one here so we can all take advantage of this awesome deal. They come up with some insane deals when GCU is available.

Edit:
Like currently until the 8th:
*** 50% Trade-in Bonus On All Video Games ***

You get an extra 10% with GCU
So for example TLoU Re is 21.00 trade in but extra 60% bumps it up to 33.60 and you get BB points as well
Regret COD AW? 27.00 normal (awful deal ha) now 43.20

Carib2g

Banned
The site was updated right after purchase? You're gonna make me cry. If I see in my purchase history the points I got from today (which I don't, thankfully) with no 2022 date on my gamers club unlocked, I'm gonna be MAD.

Yes. I did the deal 3 times total. Each time, by the time I got home to check (I live about 5 mins from BB) my new expiration date was displayed/updated.

Also, at least for the first two times, I also received an email about 2 days after purchase stating the expiration dates as well.

netguy503

Now that a substantial amount of us have the Club we need a good dedicated weekly Best Buy ad thread. I go to CAG but it would be nice to have one here so we can all take advantage of this awesome deal. They come up with some insane deals when GCU is available.

I would really like a best buy black friday ad thread now on gaf just for gcu deals.

netguy503

Yes. I did the deal 3 times total. Each time, by the time I got home to check (I live about 5 mins from BB) my new expiration date was displayed.

Also, at least for the first two times, I also received an email about 2 days after purchase stating the expiration dates as well.

I live 20mins from best buy. this is worrying me. Oh well, at worst I return the phone and get my money back and still keep my May 2020 ending date which isn't too bad.

As I said, my transaction points haven't shown up yet so that makes me a bit calmer but if they show up with no updated 2022 date....actions will be taken.

Yes. I did the deal 3 times total. Each time, by the time I got home to check (I live about 5 mins from BB) my new expiration date was displayed/updated.

Man, I'm debating if I have to return these because I don't see anything. I had to sign up for Reward Zone before the transaction (scanned once to sign up) and I confirmed my information. Is there a chance I didn't get the GCU because I had to scan the Reward Zone again? Otherwise I don't know why I don't see any expiration or anything on my account.

I should probably mention I don't see any transaction points for this either. Hmm..

netguy503

Somewhere in this thread, a picture was floating around of someone that had GCU up til 2034, 20 years of it lol

That's too rich for my blood especially because my best buy wont let me do the other workarounds so that would be $15x10= $150 for me (though that still only $30 more than the 2 year price lol).

Carib2g

Banned
I live 20mins from best buy. this is worrying me. Oh well, at worst I return the phone and get my money back and still keep my May 2020 ending date which isn't too bad.

As I said, my transaction points haven't shown up yet so that makes me a bit calmer but if they show up with no updated 2022 date....actions will be taken.

Man, I'm debating if I have to return these because I don't see anything. I had to sign up for Reward Zone before the transaction (scanned once to sign up) and I confirmed my information. Is there a chance I didn't get the GCU because I had to scan the Reward Zone again? Otherwise I don't know why I don't see any expiration or anything on my account.

I should probably mention I don't see any transaction points for this either. Hmm..

I honestly think you guys have no issues. Like I've stated before, my original GCU never showed me an expiration date...I only ever had the intro email they send with the coupons that had my expiration date. It was only till I stacked my first 2 years that the site started showing me my expiration date on the site (even though I always had the benefits). So, I think it's just a random glitch or oversight somehow. Or an issue with cookies or something.....

If you get an email in a couple days with the "correct" date, you're good to go (as far as I'm concerned).

I honestly think you guys have no issues. Like I've stated before, my original GCU never showed me an expiration date...I only ever had the intro email they send with the coupons that had my expiration date. It was only till I stacked my first 2 years that the site started showing me my expiration date on the site (even though I always had the benefits). So, I think it's just a random glitch or oversight somehow. Or an issue with cookies or something.....

If you get an email in a couple days with the "correct" date, you're good to go (as far as I'm concerned).

Alright, I guess I'll wait a little while. Do you remember checking when the benefits started? I also checked out a game to see if I had that showing up, but didn't.

Picked up one card along with the LG phone. My sister needed a way to stay in contact during work so this is a nice bonus!

Also ended up using my Mystery Coupon to get a eshop card. Kinda tempted to go in for another GCU card but only if I'm given a ride haha, I'm good for 2 years.

Thoraxes

Net10 card works same as the phone right? No trick needed?

Correct.

I made sure to tell the woman the correct order to ring everything up as, using what another posted listed in here a few pages back.

JwZklDu.png

netguy503

Correct.

I made sure to tell the woman the correct order to ring everything up as, using what another posted listed in here a few pages back.

JwZklDu.png

Dang I wish I went to your best buy. Such a hassle at mine even though their own computer acknowledged the deal. Oh well at least I got one of the $15 phones (they scanned a $100 one and told me "here use this it works". Nope, I don't think so)

Thoraxes

Dang I wish I went to your best buy. Such a hassle at mine even though their own computer acknowledged the deal. Oh well at least I got one of the $15 phones (they scanned a $100 one and told me "here use this it works". Nope, I don't think so)

The woman at the register even said that the promotion is working as it should. IDK what's up the butts of some Best Buy stores.

sebco

Just got home from my second trip to Best Buy this week, on Monday I did the $15 TracFone + GCU deal. Tonight I went all in with the Net10 method, I am now locked into GCU until 2020.

The cashier kept advising me, while he was ringing everything up, that I would be much better off buying a game to cut the price of one of the GCU subs to $30. Then he clicked enter a couple times and...

Cashier: O_O

Me: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Donated to St. Jude's and I was out of there. Thank you GAF.

Compbros

When I did this the guy asked me what the promotion was so he could do it as he was trying to sell me on the "Buy a game and get GCU for 30 dollars" promotion.

I went to Best Buy a couple days ago, and on of the sales people didn't let me do it. But then I found out a friend of a friend works at that Best Buy, and I was able to get the 2 years (already shows up on my account). And then I wanted to preorder smash bros, and I found out that they still had a preorder open for the bundle, even though it said it was sold out online. So I'm already saving $20 on the $100 smash bundle when this deal cost me $15!

CornDogg

All set for GCU through 2020. Bought 3 of the Net10 SIM cards at $4.99 each (customer service corrected the price to reflect what was showing on the rack). Used my $5 Mystery Rewards Certificate as well.

Six years for ~$11 after tax is a hell of a deal!

malfcn

They didn't have the Net10 or GCU sku.
So I found another SIM, and Googled the sku.

Finally: Mar. 3, 2022

$30 with SSO, $2 with the ?? and $8 after a Jude dontation.
$40 for 6 years ain't bad.

_woLf

Picked up the Net10 sim card and got 2 more years of GCU. Best Buy was super cool about it, in fact it was them to told me about it while I was there.

I'm now good until 2018. :)

Xamdou

Really surprised bestbuy is letting this deal go on for this long, I guess they realized the gain for them are a multitude of customers buying games exclusively through them.

Jatrid

Neo Member
They didn't have the NET10 Acivation Kit so I had to get x2 $9.99 Simple Mobile bundle, they didn't have Gamer Unlocked card handy, glad I wrote SKU on paper and brought it with me. She didn't even blink at the $199 savings on the receipt on she circled it. I'm good til 2020.

Damn.
Now
the
Deal
of
the
Day
is a
$2.99
phone.

Wow. I don't really need more years of GCU as I'm good until 2022 but like $2.99? Maybe I'll convince my brother or parents to get it on their account. Then maybe I can double dip on the $10 reward certificate promotion

Deal of the Day is here

Phone in question are these ones

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/paylo-b...lack/5870247.p?id=1218726392696&skuId=5870247

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/paylo-b...lack/8585084.p?id=1218879313428&skuId=8585084

GCU deal should still be active until closing Saturday

Checking the Best Buys around me, there doesn't seem to be many of these phones in stock to start with

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
I'm gonna have to try this...again

Best Buy pm's their website, right?

netguy503

I'm gonna have to try this...again

Best Buy pm's their website, right?

Not if they don't have the phone in stock in their stores. I just checked mine. :(

Also guys should I be worried my purchase from today did show up in my purchase history. MY GCU is still May 2020, NOT 2022 as it should be. However, its still in the pending phase so it MIGHT(?) still show up. I don't know also I still haven't gotten my $10 back from my COD purchase and that is pending as well. Any help/advice?

Not if they don't have the phone in stock in their stores. I just checked mine. :(

Also guys should I be worried my purchase from today did show up in my purchase history. MY GCU is still May 2020, NOT 2022 as it should be. However, its still in the pending phase so it MIGHT(?) still show up. I don't know also I still haven't gotten my $10 back from my COD purchase and that is pending as well. Any help/advice?

Register for the official best buy forum and then make a new topic here with your questions. The forum has moderators who are official best buy employees and should be able to help you

jcm

Does any pre-paid phone work, or does it need to be a Tracfone? Would a Tmobile prepaid work?

Edit: Thanks ActStriker.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Finally made it over to BB this morning. Used the Net10 kit for the deal, as no stores in the area have the $3 DOTD phones in stock.

Not gonna bother with buying like ten years worth of membership; I'll be surprised if BB still exists in two years as it is.

Carib2g

Banned
Wow. I don't really need more years of GCU as I'm good until 2022 but like $2.99? Maybe I'll convince my brother or parents to get it on their account. Then maybe I can double dip on the $10 reward certificate promotion

Deal of the Day is here

Phone in question are these ones

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/paylo-b...lack/5870247.p?id=1218726392696&skuId=5870247

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/paylo-b...lack/8585084.p?id=1218879313428&skuId=8585084

GCU deal should still be active until closing Saturday

Checking the Best Buys around me, there doesn't seem to be many of these phones in stock to start with

I can confirm that this deal works for $2.99 as well!

They had two phones left at my BB, but a worker basically begged me for one (had nothing to do with the GCU deal...just a coincidence). I had two in my hands, but I decided to pay or forward due to all the $ I've been saving this week. So, I gave her one of the phones and I got one. Plus I added a Net10 activation kit. I should be good till 2014 now!

Here's a screenshot of my expiration date....and yes, it was updated almost immediately after purchase.

Screen_Shot_2014_11_07_at_11_05_26_AM.jpg

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
I can confirm that this deal works for $2.99 as well!

They had two phones left at my BB, but a worker basically begged me for one (had nothing to do with the GCU deal...just a coincidence). I had two in my hands, but I decided to pay or forward due to all the $ I've been saving this week. So, I gave her one of the phones and I got one. Plus I added a Net10 activation kit. I should be good till 2014 now!

Awesome, thanks for the confirmation.

Extremely dumb question, but in the Net10 kit method, you can just scan your regular Best Buy reward card, right? You don't have to enter your phone number.

Top Bottom