• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best game to show a first date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnPoint

OP pulled it off? Good for you man!

R1ctX1N.gif

Oh right, this.

I didn't end up showing her a game.

We've been together nearly a year and a half.

It was actually my roommate's puppy, and he took it with him when he moved.

I have a cat now, but may upgrade to a dog in the future.

She likes Monument Valley on the iPad and actually showed that game to me on a later date. And I was blown away by how far gaming had come.

Nice resolution

bomblord1

Banned
I wouldn't bother showing her anything honestly. If the relationship progresses then it's a good time to start sharing your interests and getting her interested in games (however you need to reciprocate and make an effort to understand and get into something she likes as well)

Edit: Oh this thread was considerably older than I thought nvm

Elandyll

Banned
I've been using OKCupid a bit lately, and I just got a date with a really cute girl lined up. We've sent several messages back and forth and chatted over the phone once. She plays Candy Crush Saga and Words with Friends on her iPhone, and she said she liked Super Mario World back in the day, so it looks like she´s kind of a gamer.

So on Friday we´re going to a bar in the neighborhood. She said she wants to see the puppy I have in one of my profile pics (I got a puppy like two months ago), so we´re going to come back to my apartment after the bar.

While I have her there, it´s probably the perfect opportunity to show her how far gaming has come since Super Mario World. What would be a good game for this? Originally I thought The Last of Us, but she doesn´t like zombies (she told me she gets scared by The Walking Dead), so that one is probably out, even though it´s probably the highest achievement we´ve seen in the art. So what else might work?

#jacksparrowNotTrue.gif

Unless gaming is so hugely important to the core of who you are and it would -have- to be an important part of your relationship, no, it's not what you do on a first date to be honest (and I'm not implying to jump her bones either like some might).
Playing Candy Crush on Ios and having liked Super Mario a decade ago dpes not a gamer make. Now if she offers to play afyer you. (Smoothly) mentions and show her your game system, sure.
But othhherwise be a gentleman, and let her drive (I'd say the puppy excuse is a good sign for good things to happen, but not necessarily a dead giveaway)

Edit: nm, old thread is old.

nampad

Oh right, this.

She likes Monument Valley on the iPad and actually showed that game to me on a later date. And I was blown away by how far gaming had come.

Does she know about this thread?

Peltz

#jacksparrowNotTrue.gif

Unless gaming is so hugely important to the core of who you are and it would -have- to be an important part of your relationship, no, it's not what you do on a first date to be honest (and I'm not implying to jump her bones either like some might).
Playing Candy Crush on Ios and having liked Super Mario a decade ago dpes not a gamer make. Now if she offers to play afyer you. (Smoothly) mentions and show her your game system, sure.
But othhherwise be a gentleman, and let her drive (I'd say the puppy excuse is a good sign for good things to happen, but not necessarily a dead giveaway)

Edit: nm, old thread is old.

Meh, I have a first date tonight and we're going to a barcade. She's super excited.

Games can totally be a fun first date. Girls just want a guy who is enthusiastic, confident and compatible with them. The activity really doesn't matter as long as it's something you both can enjoy.

SystemUser

Oh right, this.

Thanks for delivering OP. Good call on not forcing this woman to watch you play games on your first date.

I think this might be my all time favorite neogaf thread. The only thing that is missing is Luigi stare down gifs.

ZOONAMI

I wouldn't show anyone a game or a first date, unless I know they are a gamer and explicitly ask first if they wanna play a game for a bit.

Amneisac

Do people just accidentally get like three years back in NeoGAF and not realize it? I was wincing when I was reading the OP and then I saw the date and felt better knowing I wasn't obligated to tell OP not to show his first date "how far gaming has come".

Steiner

Banned
Holy shit this thread.

"a girl invited herself back to my apartment after we hit up a bar... I think this will be the perfect time to show her a video game."

Past-now-banned-OP Wtf were you thinking? Only on GAF, I swear.

Edit: joke's on me. I just saw the epic end to this story.

Oh lord, please don't play games on the first date.

Unless you guys are at your place and she explicitly says she wants to play Mario Kart or whatever else.

Edit: Dammit. I think this is the second time I've been bamboozled by this post. It just won't die.

At the end of my official first date with my wife, we went back to her place, and she challenged me to a few matches of Tekken 3.

Now we're married with two kids. That first night at her place was fun, too.

Lol didn't know about this thread till now but I think gaming on dates early can work. My current GF took me to a bar with arcade machines on our third date and I ended up impressing her with my Super Mario Bros skills/knowledge. Granted I don't think it would have been a great first date place because there's less ways to talk when you are playing video games(but a lot more ways to touch)

Willenium

I love it when old threads like this get bumped and you can pick out all the people who only read the subject and reply immediately.
"edit: nvm"
"deleted"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom