• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best game to show a first date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveo42

Banned
Oh right, this.

I didn't end up showing her a game.

We've been together nearly a year and a half.

It was actually my roommate's puppy, and he took it with him when he moved.

I have a cat now, but may upgrade to a dog in the future.

She likes Monument Valley on the iPad and actually showed that game to me on a later date. And I was blown away by how far gaming had come.

Holy shit. And here I thought we'd never get the resolution. Good job OP on showing her your dating game.

joms5

Oh right, this.

She likes Monument Valley on the iPad and actually showed that game to me on a later date. And I was blown away by how far gaming had come.

tumblr_mj4baxq47V1rwng95o1_400.gif

Good lord this thread was great. Gaf really should have a hall of fame for stuff like this. Makes me want to read that like 4 year old thread that was bumped when a guy simply was right about something he said years earlier. Wish I could find it.

Either way, well done op. I'm in agreement with people saying you should show her this. Maybe even make a backup of it. Might be cute to have if you two get married some day.

Good lord this thread was great. Gaf really should have a hall of fame for stuff like this. Makes me want to read that like 4 year old thread that was bumped when a guy simply was right about something he said years earlier. Wish I could find it.

Either way, well done op. I'm in agreement with people saying you should show her this. Maybe even make a backup of it. Might be cute to have if you two get married some day.

I have not played Killer Instinct on SNES in years and I thought the game looked SO much better in my head than that gif. You have wrecked me.

Not

Banned
Your personality beyond video games. Go for a walk in the park. Look at the stars. Have a conversation about desires and beliefs and experiences. Cuddle.

Damn, you guys

EDIT: Ok I guess I'm late to this thread

EDIT EDIT:

So I was right the whole time. Aww yeah

clintar

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7

red731

Wow, it's not often a necro-bump actually leads to a delivery!

Yeah!
GG OP and thank you!

You can also check on people who comment before checking on dates and then comment with suggestions without reading a page back even though conclusion is there!

She plays Candy Crush Saga and Words with Friends on her iPhone, and she said she liked Super Mario World back in the day, so it looks like she´s kind of a gamer.

nope, no it really doesn't.

please don't focus on games with the girl, just please.

just ask my wife

Wow. Delivered and it was a success! Thumbs up, pat on the back and all that. Good job OP. Congratulations

haha, well glad it all went well - would definitely not have advised this!

Melchiah

Oh right, this.

I like the way you think.

redfirm

Banned
Unless you want to make sure she never contacts you again. dont show a game on the first date. make her feel special, go out and talk.

A great tactic is to take a girl to something like a zoo on the first date. there is always something to talk about ( animals ) so there wont be any awkward silent moments since you both can say something about an animal.

So best advice. take her to a place where you can counter silent moments with something in the environment.

But dont show a girl a videogame on a first date...come on.

Oh right, this.

H3743hQ.gif

Huggers

Amazing turnaround! Remember thinking the OP might struggle showing a first date a game. Didn't sound ideal. Glad whatever happened worked out for you man.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
When you get linked to a classic thread and you're laughing your ass off and then you actually reply to it because you're high as a kite and forgot that it wasn't a current thread.

SgtCobra

Oh right, this.

Excellent.

Kerned

Banned
Oh right, this.

I never thought I'd see the day this thread got a resolution, and such an amazing one at that. Thanks for the update, glad it worked out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom