• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda: "Please Stand By" (aka obvious Fallout teaser) [maybe not crossgen]

Which platform will you play Fallout 4 on?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pastry

Banned
I just want combat to not suck, I always end up stopping Bethesda games before beating them because I don't enjoy the combat :(

GlamFM

Banned
Why do a 24 hour countdown?! Just save it for E3! C'mon Bethesda. It'd hit so much harder if they saved it for THEIR PRESS CONFERENCE, as a complete surprise. Now they're going to put out a teaser a week or two early, and the moment on stage will have a lot less impact. We all knew it was coming, but jeez. Just give your audience the cool reveal on stage. It's your first press conference, so it's not like it's an announcement that would be overshadowed by being presented at another companies conference.

This happens every year, and I'll never understand it. Go ahead and tell your kids what their birthday present is right before they unwrap it. *eyeroll*

Everyone knew it was coming - it was hardly a surprise.

They are probably just doing what Chrystal Dynamics did - small teaser tomorrow - full reveal at E3.

If it's cross-gen, I don't want it. Seriously. Sure Fallout 3 and New Vegas were amazingly, spectacular, but I'm not going to play a game held back by 512mb of RAM, and ancient graphics cards, in 2015.

Nope.

Fallout 4 for Xbox 360...

arizona-horned-lizard-tumblr-hhhehehe-2956706-480x320.png

MattyG

Banned
Todd has pretty much said multiple times that they're done with last gen, and install base won't change that.

yuraya

Why do a 24 hour countdown?! Just save it for E3! C'mon Bethesda. It'd hit so much harder if they saved it for THEIR PRESS CONFERENCE, as a complete surprise. Now they're going to put out a teaser a week or two early, and the moment on stage will have a lot less impact. We all knew it was coming, but jeez. Just give your audience the cool reveal on stage. It's your first press conference, so it's not like it's an announcement that would be overshadowed by being presented at another companies conference.

This happens every year, and I'll never understand it. Go ahead and tell your kids what their birthday present is right before they unwrap it. *eyeroll*

I am guessing they will do several teases and several countdowns without concrete info leading up to E3. Or maybe this is just about 3/NV remaster for PS4/X1.

It does indeed defeat the point of having a conference if they announce it tomorrow.

GlamFM

Banned
If it's cross-gen, I don't want it. Seriously. Sure Fallout 3 and New Vegas were amazingly, spectacular, but I'm not going to play a game held back by 512mb of RAM, and ancient graphics cards, in 2015.

Nope.

I´ll quote you one this one day...

As mad as I am I never said I won't get the game because of cross gen. I've waited too long for this either way I'm there day 1.

But 500mb of RAM in 2015.......my god. When we have 8GB consoles and graphics cards with up to 12GB.

Bethesda what are you doing if this is cross gen

This will certainly destroy GAF right? if its cross gen? I know I am quitting games if so.

You are going to quit video games because a company that is known for using recycled and updating engines, that sold a crap load of copies of another particular game (Skyrim) that probably want to match those sales with Fallout 4, with it possibly being cross-gen?

I rarely post on GAF around E3 time but man.

So bummed this is looking to be cross-gen. This was going to be one of my highest anticipated games since I loved F3 and NV so much but the main issues I had with those games would have been solved with the transition to the new hardware. Such wasted potential :/

I actually dont mind if it's cross-gen. I think MGS is a good example of a game that seems to be focused on next gen, and I assume last gen versions will be very crappy anyway. There is nothing in MGS that feels like it's being held back, despite there existing a last gen version...right?

There can exist a last gen version that makes serious cuts to that version alone, can't there?

The question is, is Fallout using the same engine? Isn't that a bigger concern?

bombshell

Anything else than a "It's current gen only" confirmation tomorrow or at E3 could still mean that they just want to hide last gen versions until closer to release.

Guerrilla

This game is gonna be awesome. Cross gen or not. They could release a fo3 expansion and i would be excited ffs. I seriously doubt they can fuck this up.

Hype!!!

Fracas

#fuckonami
Why does it matter if it's cross-gen? I don't get it. I mean yeah I hope it doesn't look identical to FO3/NV but even if it does, whatever.

It could be PS2 exclusive and I'd still buy the $250 dumb kid edition day one

I am guessing they will do several teases and several countdowns without concrete info leading up to E3. Or maybe this is just about 3/NV remaster for PS4/X1.

It does indeed defeat the point of having a conference if they announce it tomorrow.

no it doesn't.. E3 conferences aren't all about surprises and MEGATONS.

Not really. Showing a cg teaser at their conference and then showing gameplay at Sony/MS's conference defeats the point of a conference. This will be probably be a cg trailer teasing gameplay.

People will tune in for the gameplay.

Jonm1010

Banned
Wow! So this really might be crossgen?

Between this and the delay of the witcher patch I think I need to just call it a day, down some sleeping pills and give it another go tomorrow.

Guri

If you inspect the elements on Chrome, go to Sources > Styles > 3d395ab9.main.css, you'll find all the platforms (Steam, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3 and PS4). So no, it's not gone.

Everyone knew it was coming - it was hardly a surprise.

They are probably just doing what Chrystal Dynamics did - small teaser tomorrow - full reveal at E3.
Yeah, but Crystal Dynamics doesn't have their own press conference to announce stuff in. They're slotted in to one position during Microsoft, so the early attention makes sense. Bethesda is theoretically building their show around big announcements, so I'm hoping they don't arbitrarily blow them early.

That would make more sense.

Why does it matter if it's cross-gen? I don't get it.

It could be PS2 exclusive and I'd still buy the $250 dumb kid edition day one

Why not build the next Call of Duty on the NES, I mean fun is fun. Why not build the next Last of Us on the PS3? Why not build the next Halo on the first Xbox? Why have new consoles at all if developers don't even take advantage of them?

MattyG

Banned
At what point do they start playing Fallout tunes on the Twitch stream? I'd keep it on all day if they did that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom