• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda: "Please Stand By" (aka obvious Fallout teaser) [maybe not crossgen]

Which platform will you play Fallout 4 on?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Why not build the next Call of Duty on the NES, I mean fun is fun. Why not build the next Last of Us on the PS3? Why not build the next Halo on the first Xbox? Why have new consoles at all if developers don't even take advantage of them?

When I look at games like GTA V and how they looked downright gorgeous on what could be considered 3 generations of hardware (360/PS3, PS4/XBO, PC), I can't say I'm too worried. Sure, it'd be nice to have the current gen as a baseline, but it's not really that big of a deal to me.

yuraya

no it doesn't.. E3 conferences aren't all about surprises and MEGATONS.

Not really. Showing a cg teaser at their conference and then showing gameplay at Sony/MS's conference defeats the point of a conference. This will be probably be a cg trailer teasing gameplay.

People will tune in for the gameplay.

But why even have a conference? Just show up at MS conference with new fallout and Sony's conference with new Doom. The fact that they went out of their way to schedule a one hour conference means this is special to them. What is the point of fully blowing announcements just weeks b4 E3? Just seems pointless to me. Unless these guys are going full crazy and announcing new elder game as well as Fallout. Which will be insane lol.

Is there any chance that another team or studio could handle the ps3 and Xbox 360 versions while the core Fallout team works on ps4 and Xbox one versions?

DieH@rd

Banned
Development of this game started long time ago, long before nextgen consoles arrived. So crossgen release is believable to me.

I off course think that nextgen-only approach will give us the best game.

This seems to be the norm for all games these days. Which is fucking sad.

Given that Bethesda's last major release was Skyrim, and they didn't even remotely "downgrade" the game from its reveal, I'm comfortable saying this is unlikely, especially given how long they've waited to reveal it.

MattyG

Banned
From the CSS:

PA system failure has occured.
Shutdown of the Masterbrain has been authorized and all sensitive materials have been removed for security purposes.
Please attempt re-access. Have a pleasant day.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I hope this game is cross-gen just to see how gaf reacts.
*Actives V.A.T.S.*
*Aims for Head*
*Unloads all AP on target and fires*

DON'T EVEN JOKE ABOUT THAT!

When do we think we'll see this? Historically Bethesda usually announces a year to year and a half in advance. I imagine we'll at least see a "coming 2016" tag, but realistically I'd put my money on fall 2016.

As for cross gen - I highly, highly doubt it. Especially with a presumed launch still possibly a year away.

I'm still hoping for Fall '15 or Spring '16 at the latest. Unless it's delayed, Fall '16 isn't even a possibility to me.

November '15 or February '16 make the most sense. The latter is the most likely, sadly.

The Xbox 360 launch is closer to the Nintendo 64 launch than it would be to the Fallout 4 launch. Please don't do this

I'll get it no matter what

Fallout-4-landscape-600x300.jpg

This is what's going to happen:

1) Fallout 4 reveal. Will look absolutely STUNNING, bigger than ever, AI as complex as it can be, and fantastic lighting. They promise parity between all consoles.
2) Closer to release. Trailers will keep making it look AMAZING. PS3 and Xbox 360 screens start to pop up, and it will look like ass. Geometry will be there, but it will run at 20fps with no dynamic lighting and shadows. No news for the PS4 and X1.
3) Upon release. PS4 and X1 gets leaked at showrooms. These versions will NOT look like the E3 reveal. Fans will cry to Bethesda saying they lied! Screen comparisons will show lack of fog, lesser shaders, and a grass texture removed for the final retail version.
4) Defenders will bring up Watch Dogs and Witcher 3 as past examples of games that looked better upon first showing than the final copy. PC enthusiasts will stay positive.
5) Game will release, and everyone will try it.
6) The cycle continues for the next open world game.
With the exception of the first Oblivion demo, Bethesda has been really, really good at not bullshotting people. I doubt this will happen.

PurpleSquid

Neo Member
oooh please for the love of god don't let it be cross gen. just let that code in the site be some left overs when it was but they cancelled those cause it was holding back the true game! pleaseeeeeeeeee

Jonm1010

Banned
Given that Bethesda's last major release was Skyrim, and they didn't even remotely "downgrade" the game from its reveal, I'm comfortable saying this is unlikely, especially given how long they've waited to reveal it.
I hope. But then there is Fallout 3 and Oblivion where they did.

Either way I am more concerned about it potentially being cross-gen. From the company that was always so interested in the next tech to further their vision to now possibly intentionally anchor themselves to systems almost a decade old.

Xeroblade

You are going to quit video games because a company that is known for using recycled and updating engines, that sold a crap load of copies of another particular game (Skyrim) that probably want to match those sales with Fallout 4, with it possibly being cross-gen?

I rarely post on GAF around E3 time but man.

Its hard to joke on the internet when everyone is so serious.

RPGCrazied

PS3? Man, I don't feel good about this. Save skyrim after those patches, their games run really bad on PS3.

I am excited for a new Fallout though.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
You guys know how the site is fallout.bethsoft.com? I think the css might be there because that site is for the whole franchise, including the previous titles. Just like http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-us/games/assassins-creed-syndicate/

A lot of developers/publishers are doing this, like all in one sites. Could be the same case with Fallout.

Except that those icon files

xbox-one-icon-black.svg

xbox-360-icon-black.svg

ps4-icon-black.svg

ps3-icon-black.svg

are all 60x12 and placed in the assets folder. I've looked at their other cross-gen games (namely, The Evil Within) but they don't use similarly sized assets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom