• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda: "Please Stand By" (aka obvious Fallout teaser) [maybe not crossgen]

Which platform will you play Fallout 4 on?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Derp

CGkEEWfUgAARkrD.jpg:large

....... Just wow.

watch it be a 12 second teaser like doom lol
I don't expect anything more than this, tbh. They'd want to save the goodies for E3, so I'm assuming this is just going to be a "Watch E3" announcement.

Psoelberg

Also another thing I'd like to see in Fallout 4 is vehicles. Not something that's available from the start but halfway through the story you should acquire a dune buggy or something.

I would definitely be cool to have a way of transporting faster in the world (that is not fast travelling). Don't know if cars would be realistic, but horses maybe? Like the wonderful part in The Last of Us where you're riding a horse through the beautiful landscape. Beth already have som experience with horses in Elder Scrolls.

Heartfyre

As much as I want to see

Fallout 4
Fall
Fall 2015

in this teaser trailer like last time, I'm convinced it's a 2016 game. Personally, I'd love to see it release next May/June -- games like this would thrive in the barren summer release schedule, rather than compete with the Q4/Q1 craziness. But to be fair, nearly everyone will find time for a Bethesda game. I just hope they keep the quest quality and writing on par with Fallout 3, and not fall into the mire that Skyrim created.

I hope it is cross gen cos I usually stay a generation behind because games and consoles are less expensive that way and there is years of stuff to play. I don't need graphics to really get a lot better all at once.

This is the kind of game I would probably play on PC anyway, although the specs might be too high if it's only on new consoles. If that's the case I guess I won't be playing it for some years! Which is also all right.

XavandSo

Neo Member
I hope it is cross gen cos I usually stay a generation behind because games and consoles are less expensive that way and there is years of stuff to play. I don't need graphics to really get a lot better all at once.

This is the kind of game I would probably play on PC anyway, although the specs might be too high if it's only on new consoles. If that's the case I guess I won't be playing it for some years! Which is also all right.
I see what you are saying and I agree, I wouldn't mind if it's cross-gen, but not being constrained by old hardware means more than just graphics. The no loading in-between going outside/inside from earlier in the thread for example.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

Man, it's not about graphics, its about memory and the pitifully low amounts that the 360 and PS3 carry.

No one wants another New Vegas Strip. Sorry Mr. House, but I don't need to talk to you that badly.

Derp

As much as I want to see

Fallout 4
Fall
Fall 2015
Best one I've seen was something like this:

"FALLOUT 4"

Then the "4" disappeared, the "OUT" part moved to the left and the "FALL" part moved to the right and the word "THIS" materialized in the middle. So you ended up with:

"OUT THIS FALL"

I still think it's coming 2016 but I thought that looked pretty cool nonetheless.

No, cross gen needs to fucking end. Fallout 3 came out 1 or 2 years (depending on region) after the PS3 launched. Fallout 4 will be coming out 2-3 years after the PS4 has launched.

Can you imagine how hampered Fallout 3 would have been if it had to be made with a PS2 version in mind?

Jonnax

They've really got to improve their quality of game design and writing over Skyrim if they're going to be able to be competitive with what the Witcher 3 has achieved.

Hopefully they've switched engines to something else.

If you are a generation behind then there are loads of games for you to still play on PS3/Xbox360. Leave Fallout 4 for next Gen and it'll still be waiting for you when you catch up.

Boke1879

As much as I want to see

Fallout 4
Fall
Fall 2015

in this teaser trailer like last time, I'm convinced it's a 2016 game. Personally, I'd love to see it release next May/June -- games like this would thrive in the barren summer release schedule, rather than compete with the Q4/Q1 craziness. But to be fair, nearly everyone will find time for a Bethesda game. I just hope they keep the quest quality and writing on par with Fallout 3, and not fall into the mire that Skyrim created.

I wouldn't mind this game releasing next summer just for the sole fact that it's a slow time in gaming.

I wouldn't mind this game releasing next summer just for the sole fact that it's a slow time in gaming.

I doubt Bethesda would ever intentionally release a game outside of Fall.That's the main reason I'm still betting on Fall '15.

They always aim for a Fall release, and Fall '16 seems too far away.

Hopefully this doesn't have things like the magical arrow showing you exactly where things are like Skyrim had, and it actually has quest descriptions/an actual journal. Skyrim was good but it some ways it felt like a step backwards.

1374495933611.png

Of course, he misses the FEV.

There are quite a few problems with this summary, pretty much every part of that doesn't really make sense or make things seem bad when there's nothing wrong with them. That just says things shouldn't have happened even though there's no reason for it to say that. For example:

the Enclave arrived and tried to force the scientists to give them control over the purifier, even shooting one of them - that was why James tried to destroy it.
The water purifier existed because the water was heavily irradiated. James and some other scientists wanted to solve that, giving everyone clean water, there's no reason why "It shouldn't have existed". It was a project they were working on for years.
The radiation was caused by the overload, no idea why that says it shouldn't have done that.
The GECK couldn't really have been used for much else as there was no clean water, so you'd likely have radiation affecting the plants.
Colonel Autumn clearly takes something during the radiation, which is how he survives.
There's no reason why the flash grenade shouldn't have worked.
The reason not to give him the code or let the Enclave get control over the purifier was because of what they were going to use it for. The Enclave wanted to use it to control the water and thereby have control over the Wasteland.
At the end they weren't fighting over turning it on, they were fighting over control of it.

The story wasn't the best but i don't think there are as many problems as people say there are.

I still haven't played Fallout 3, New Vegas, or even the older games, despite owning them all for years now. Maybe I'll find the time before this releases, though the more likely scenario is I'll jump right into Fallout 4 like I did with Skyrim after getting about ~20 hours or so into Oblivion and stopping back in 2006.

PrawnyNZ

Timer counts down to 2am local time, will need to check in the morning unfortunately. Good luck GAF, hope there isn't cause for a meltdown.

Man, I have to go out to work on a project, I'm gonna end up missing whatever is being shown.

Really doubt anything major will be shown today. Pretty sure it'll be a CG teaser to announce the game with a press release and a message about the exclusive gameplay reveal at the Bethesda conference at E3.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Really doubt anything major will be shown today. Pretty sure it'll be a CG teaser to announce the game with a press release and a message about the exclusive gameplay reveal at the Bethesda conference at E3.

Almost certainly. Definitely no release dates either, that'd be squandered E3 hype fuel.

KorrZ

Expecting acceptable load times is probably out of the question for this game right?

They seriously better get rid of the load screen inbetween every area thing. If the Witcher 3 can stream in everything seamlessly including a giant city then I see no reason why Fallout can't.

Jb

Really curious to see what they show today. I'm guessing a short teaser TR/Doom style ending with a "see you at E3!".
But I hope I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom