• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda: "Please Stand By" (aka obvious Fallout teaser) [maybe not crossgen]

Which platform will you play Fallout 4 on?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just voted for Xbox. More power than the PS2 and with its incredible 20gb hard drive in my Crystal Edition one I can listen to my own music! hopefully through the pipboy.

Pentium 4 processor tho... dat power!

yami4ct

Perhaps they use the Skyrim-engine, so even people with Intel HD GPU can play it.

Unless they're completely redoing the way those games play or heavily investing in writing, that'd be a mistake. The game has to look amazing. That's kind of all the Bethesda open world games have at this point.

My wish would be a Fallout 4 for PS4, X1&PC and an Obsidian spin-off for my Xbox 360.

Have Bethesda make the actual game and contract Obsidian to do the writing. That'd be the best possible scenario all around.

Green Yoshi

Unless they're completely redoing the way those games play or heavily investing in writing, that'd be a mistake. The game has to look amazing. That's kind of all the Bethesda open world games have at this point.

Great physics, advanced AI and complex architecture is more important to me than graphics. They should exploit the power of modern Core i7 CPUs.

Console versions could be made by another studio.

Neonglitz

Banned
If this is cross-gen I am seriously going to wonder why. There is more than enough fanbase for the Xbone, PS4 and PC so why would they hinder themselves in the progress of development for it to make it run on the PS3/360?

If any further games gets released for crossgen then I am seriously going to wonder why.
When a pc can play 10 times better than these already outdated consoles then why hinder themselves in the progress of development for it to make it run on the consoles?

If you have anything constructive to add then only add otherwise these developers & others are intelligent enough to understand what they are doing & why they are doing it.

Wonder if pre orders will start tomorrow.

I believe you will be able to order tomorrow
and if correct then this will be a fall 2015 release

I got this from reddit
http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/3880bv/new_fallout_announced_by_bethesda/

I did some digging in the site's code, and found the following. It looks like the url for pre-ordering isn't up yet. There also appears to be a newsletter that you can sign up for.

Pre-Order description: XBox One, PS4, and PC ready label: Pre-Order url: http://dqc45zkm619be.cloudfront.net/

Newsletter header: Vault-Tec Promotional Dispatches info: Sign up for exclusive promotions and more from Vault-Tec.

yami4ct

Great physics, advanced AI and complex architecture is more important to me than graphics. They should exploit the power of modern Core i7 CPUs.

Those things are great, but how is great physics going to add anything if the game still isn't fun to play? How does great AI do anything if the shooting is still dice-rolls and VATs turns? They need to rework the entire game system or just focus on trying to wow people with graphics (What they normally do).

I don't trust Bethesda to pull off the former, so I'm betting on the later.

yami4ct

Fallout: New Vegas was so so so much more than writing. Both studios need another chance.

2 game 2 Fallouts Win/Win.

Just let Obsidian make it and Bethesda do the QA(though their history is also shit, but at least less shit). Outside of the bugs, NV was the better Fallout by a country mile. If you get an Obsidian one, you don't need the Bethesda one.

Just let Obsidian make it and Bethesda do the QA. Outside of the bugs, NV was the better Fallout by a country mile. If you get an Obsidian one, you don't need the Bethesda one.

No. I want 2 Fallouts. 2 not 1. Falout NV was a spectacular game, but I wouldn't trade it for Fallout 3 when I can have both.

There's no other option either. The reality is either we get 1 Fallout title from Bethesda, or 1 Fallout title from Bethesda and at least 1 Fallout title from Obsidian.

Kurtofan

Just let Obsidian make it and Bethesda do the QA(though their history is also shit, but at least less shit). Outside of the bugs, NV was the better Fallout by a country mile. If you get an Obsidian one, you don't need the Bethesda one.

Bethesda did the QA for New Vegas...

i-Lo

In terms of visuals, expect nothing more than the fidelity of Wolfenstein TNO running at ~30fps and Fallout 3 animations.

No. I want 2 Fallouts. 2 not 1. Falout NV was a spectacular game, but I wouldn't trade it for Fallout 3 when I can have both.

There's no other option either. The reality is either we get 1 Fallout title from Bethesda, or 1 Fallout title from Bethesda and at least 1 Fallout title from Obsidian.

If Obsidian is making Fallout 4 (doubt it) then Bethesda will absolutely be working on the next Elder Scrolls.

yami4ct

I realize that. I just really hope Bethesda saw some of the things CDProjekt was doing and realized that they need to fill their worlds with actual things to do. Obviously Fallout has been in development forever, but it has to be impossible for them to miss all the info coming about Witcher 3 during its development.

Bethesda did the QA for New Vegas...

Didn't realize that....ouch. Makes sense, though.

Wolfe

Don't remind me of the animations from Fallout 3/NV, always cracked me up that if I felt like playing in 3rd person it basically looked like a video game character running in front of a green screen.

Mendax

Neidii

Just woke up and omg can't wait, 5 more hours. The hype is real! It's been so long, I need fallout, please be good. Better animations, some good writing and actually decent running animations this time. Please don't be too much to ask for.

Also, for those getting just the spinning cogwheel for me it's like that on chrome too but I tried on internet explorer and it worked there.

I realize that. I just really hope Bethesda saw some of the things CDProjekt was doing and realized that they need to fill their worlds with actual things to do. Obviously Fallout has been in development forever, but it has to be impossible for them to miss all the info coming about Witcher 3 during its development.

Sure. I hope they weren't blind to criticism, or the love NV got. I hope they went back to the drawing board for competition sake.

Even if they are blind, I'd still want the game though. For all the hate it got, I received a lot of enjoyment out of Skyrim.

yami4ct

Sure. I hope they weren't blind to criticism, or the love NV got. I hope they went back to the drawing board for competition sake.

Even if they are blind, I'd still want the game though. For all the hate it got, I received a lot of enjoyment out of Skyrim.

Man, I saw nothing but love for Skyrim. I was so excited for that game. I put over 100 hours into Oblivion and loved it. I put over 100 hours into FO3 and adored that. I got maybe 20 into Skyrim before getting bored and putting it down. I just can't play that style of empty, but massive world game with boring combat anymore. The scope of a world is no longer enough to suck me in. I have hope that Bethesda will course correct. I'm very tentatively excited for what they'll do with FO4, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous as hell about it.

bombshell

guys does anyone know how to make/link a countdown that's also viewable on here?

t1433340000z0.png

Lakitu

st5fu
Hopefully Bethesda hired some more writers, because the writing and the animations are two key areas I expect to be improved for Fallout 4.

Although I'm not expecting New Vegas type writing because I feel that's among the best this industry has to offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom