• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea |OT| Episode One

Marjar

Banned
Minerva's Den only took about 3.5 hours to beat for me and that was amazing, so I'm still looking forward to this.

Length never mattered much to me anyway as long as it's well paced.

Roto13

On the one hand, I really want to play this. On the other hand, do I want to spend more money on it than I have on all three of the BioShock games combined? :p

AkuMifune

Banned
A short piece of content heavy on shooting?

You know what, just chalk down Infinite and Levine as my biggest disappointments this generation. He started out so well, but after Bioshock it has been nothing but big talk with no delivery. I like the story in Infinite just fine, but it's built around gameplay as complex as Serious Sam and he even gets his apology to us wrong.

Sure that movie will be great though.

Moff

I wish I had the strength to wait for the second part until I play this.
I really hate short dlc, as soon as you're back in the game its over again, and this one seems to be so short that you dont even get back in the game again.
but its looks so cool, I cant wait. I'll probably be disappointed.

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
I forgot about the Fact From Myth video! Thanks for reminding me. I remember looking high and low for a print of that dancing poster. Do any GAFers have a hi-res picture of that? Has IG ever released one, and I just missed it?

I'll play them before passing judgement, but dammit if those reviews don't have me worried...

Burnt on yet another season pass? I sure as hell hope not...

I'm pretty sure I read an IGN preview last week saying the DLC took about 3 or 4 hours to complete, now they are saying it takes 90 minutes - what morons.

Why Bioshock, why?

And hour and half of mainly combat? Make me walk around and talk to people for an hour if you have to. Develop the story of it all. You haven't been praised for your great gunplay you've been praised for your story. That's what we want. Lets us live in that world. Embrace the greatness that is Rapture. Hopefully part 2 is good. It'ld be nice to see Rapture crumble at my fingertips

ViviOggi

The only sites I give a damn about that have posted reviews so far are Eurogamer and RPS, and both of their verdicts are very positive They're mainly criticizing the DLC's length, which I can deal with.

Do we know if it has the same difficulty levels as the main game?

tesqui

So what's the major disappointment in this? Too short for price and a good amount of gunplay? I don't mind the shortness and I loved the gameplay of infinite, so as long as the story is interesting, then I'm totally getting this.

Ricker

Disappointed in the 2-3 hours...not sure I will get this,although with the season pass,it's not bad...mmmm,guess I will wait for impressions,I liked Infinite enough.

antitrop

Oh, whoops got Kevin Van Ord and Tom McShea confused. Gamespot is not one of my regular sites. I was thinking McShea gave the original 9/10 and Van Ord did the re-review for 4/10.

Dead

well not really...yet
Kotaku said its roughly 3 hours

Anyways if you buy the season pass, the dlc is $10 each, instead of $15 so theres that

People going to ignore the DLC because of reviews? Mmmmk. I'm gonna play it and form my own opinion. :p The length doesn't concern me so much as the story/experience itself.

Also, a shooter having a lot of shooting gameplay? No way! :p But seriously, I liked the combat in the main game, so I have a feeling I'm gonna like it here as well. I hope I enjoy the DLC anyways - I've been really looking forward to it.

Bottom line is I paid 20 euros for both episodes (and clash in the clouds). I'll judge the value of the investment after I'm done with episode 2.

Miletius

I might wait until both parts are released based on the length. It seems like it'll be a better value then. I don't really fancy redownloading BI only to play for 2-3 hours.

Toa TAK

Banned
Length won't bother me, just as long as it's good. Quality over Quantity is right.

Not reading the reviews, though (like I ever).

Do you buy every game and DLC on the market to judge it on your own terms?

If I'm interested in the game/DLC or have been a fan of the series/franchise, I usually ignore reviews for the most part (since I rarely agree with them). Maybe that means I'll waste a bit of money if it actually does turn out poorly, but like I said, most of the time, I don't even agree with the reviews afterwards, anyways.

Well the line "combat heavy" doesnt sound good.

I don't understand why this is a bad thing for a first person shooter. Then again, I didn't understand why people complained about the original Bioshock Infinite regarding that, so.. *shrug* I mean, from what I've read, half the DLC is exploration/looking around Rapture, and the other half is combat. That sounds about right to me.

I was pretty excited about this DLC but the more I hear about it the less I want to invest in it. Bioshock Infinite is one of those special generation defining games to me.

I had such a great time with it that I feel like this might just sour that.

PASS

I am so glad I stopped buying season passes and wait to actually see a DLC before committing to it.

also I hope anyone that does buy it enjoys it.

I don't understand why this is a bad thing for a first person shooter. Then again, I didn't understand why people complained about the original Bioshock Infinite regarding that, so.. *shrug*

I liked it at first cos I was so engaged in the story but the more I played and concentrated in the combat the less I like it.

It just doesnt feel satisfying or fun to me. The vigors weren't as fun to use as plasmids and the weapon restrictions sucked

I liked it at first cos I was so engaged in the story but the more I played and concentrated in the combat the less I like it.

It just doesnt feel satisfying or fun to me. The vigors weren't as fun to use as plasmids and the weapon restrictions sucked

I do agree that the weapon restrictions sucked. I hated only having 2 guns available to me at any time - I always just stuck with two or three favorites and focused on upgrading them. Was a shame because I think having more options for guns could have added some variety. I thought the vigors were fine personally - nothing amazing, but still fun to use. I had a good time with BI's combat overall - especially the skyrails/skyhook aspect to it (could have used more of that, too).

Top Bottom