• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Myth: Wukong physical editions will be an activation code (no disc), due to Game Science's first time releasing globally + limited resources

Gideon

reposting

Chinese gamer here. Saw some discussion in this post about Black Myth Wukong not having discs in their physical editions and realised there's a misunderstanding/mistranslation.

It's true that there'll be no discs in the box but they are actually referring to the limited Deluxe Edition and Collector's Edition here. As you can see they come with many other collectibles and are much more expensive than the regular game, so it's not the regular physical edition you buy from a shop. As far as I know they are the only two physical editions Game Science is releasing now.

For the regular physical copies they are simply delayed due to logistics issues. You won't be able to buy the discs at launch, but it'll also not be activation codes in a case.

Last edited:

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
Well, hats off for transparency about the collectors at least (me thinks the info is about it in the Chinese internet). I've bought it on Steam regardless.

Last edited:

Hohenheim

Couldn't care less about this, but the thread made me watch a few trailers of this game again. Looks so great! Can't wait to play this on Steam. Please be as good as it looks!

Boss Mog

On the plus side they rejected Sweet Baby Inc.'s offer to pay them $7M for "consulting".

Of course then IGN wrote a hit piece on them, which is total garbage, as you'd expect from IGN.

Last edited:
Top Bottom