• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Myth Wukong Trailer | Summer Game Fest 2024

Draugoth

Gold Member

Black Myth: Wukong physical editions will be an activation code in a box (no disc), due to Game Science's first time releasing globally + limitations in resources. "Our publishing team is actively working on resolving these issues and exploring options to offer physical discs."

GPgYZPNXcAAYKvM

Embark on an epic journey with "Black Myth: Wukong", a single-player action RPG developed by Game Science, inspired by the classic "Journey to the West". The game will be globally released on August 20, 2024, at 10:00 AM Beijing Time (UTC+8) and will be available on PS5, Steam, Epic Games Store, and WeGame.The pre-order CG trailer premiered at the 2024 Summer Game Fest Opening Ceremony, and digital pre-orders are now live across multiple platforms. Details of the physical Deluxe Edition and Collector's Edition have also been revealed.Please note that the release dates for the physical Deluxe Edition and Collector's Edition may differ from the digital pre-order start date. Stay tuned to our official announcements for more information.Pre-order now to receive a special in-game reward, the "Trailblazer's Scarlet Gourd", upon the game's launch.

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

Hope this pans out. More games culturally rooted in China/India/Asia will be cool, bring new talent pools into the mix (I know they do outsource work already, but this is uniquely them)

Last edited:

Jormatar

Lol at this game skipping Xbox. Or maybe it's coming later once they have figured out what the fuck to do with Series S optimization.

lol skipping Xbox insane. So glad I left that ecosystem after 360.

Shinobi is saying it's coming to Xbox at a later date.

Last edited:

Elios83

Looks fantastic, I've been following it with interest since it was announced.
I hope it's good and after we got good korean stuff with Stellar Blade now it's the turn of a chinese studio.

Reactions: Isa

jm89

Series s issues strikes again?
On which platforms can I play Black Myth: Wukong?
PC and PS5 users can enjoy the full game starting August 20, 2024. We are currently optimizing the Xbox Series X|S version to meet our quality standards, so it won't release simultaneously with the other platforms. We apologize for the delay and aim to minimize the wait for Xbox users. We will announce the release date as soon as it meets our quality standards.

Last edited:
I've been interested in this game since it was announced by the more we get, the more skeptical I am. Game is out in less than 3 months and we don't even get a small trailer? I hope I'm dead wrong, I just got a bad feeling this not meeting expectations.

Also LMAO at the whole Xbox portion. The series S was an idiotic decision when MS announced it and it somehow still is worse than I thought. Not only did they lose mind share from the previous gen, they got a paper weight delaying games for their consoles. Good grief

Last edited:

Mr Moose

So series s can run Elden Ring , Wu Long and Hellblade 2 but not this? I call bullshit.
PS4 can run Elden Ring.
It's coming to Xbox at a later date, doesn't mean they aren't having issues with Series S (doesn't mean they are either but we've seen games delayed before because of it).

Quezacolt

So series s can run Elden Ring , Wu Long and Hellblade 2 but not this? I call bullshit.
This game seems to also be using the full UE5 features, from what we know, at least on pc. It's a bigger game than hellblade 2. Also, it's not a crossgen game, so you can't compare it with elden ring or wu long, both were made witgh last gen in mind.

Cool I'll take the word of numerous developers who have already complained about the Series S in the past over random forum posters who have never developed a game in their life. How many dev complaints and postponed games do you guys need to see before you get it through your heads that the series s is causing devs issues?

Last edited:

Chiggs

Gold Member
I've been interested in this game since it was announced by the more we get, the more skeptical I am. Game is out in less than 3 months and we don't even get a small trailer? I hope I'm dead wrong, I just got a bad feeling this not meeting expectations.

You're right to be skeptical. Have you seen the gameplay videos? It looks like boring shit.

Top Bottom