• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne launch trailer

There is very little chance of that. The only reasons it would dip that much lower than the Souls games are technical issues, or oppressive BS that hasn't been revealed yet. Something as broken as the Mirror Knight fight, but on NG rather than NG+ only, could cause a huge drop in scores.

hmm what was wrong with mirror knight on NG+?

EDIT just saw your post

Servbot24

Banned
I don't think that's an inherently bad thing.
The reason it could be bad is if half the stuff doesn't work, and it's just there to be there.
If there's a lot of stuff and it works well, I think in many cases, that'd be preferable over not as much stuff.

Yeah I don't agree with him. That flower scene for example has great composition.

SgtCobra

Kobz3sE.png

What does this even mean.
That he doesn't know what Baroque is and how it works.

He summons red phantoms to help during the boss fight, but they can just stand behind him where they can't be hit, but can hit you with magic and heal the boss with Warmth. It is a giant, giant difficult spike if you get unlucky, like virtually impossible unless the doofus invader screws up. In promotional materials they showed it off, but relegated it to NG+ like the Gravelords at some point late in development.

I wouldn't really consider that "broken," and certainly not worthy of any drop in rating. After 1 death and seeing that he summons players, you can just summon a phantom helper or two. Problem solved. That said I've won the fight several times solo despite him summoning players. It was far more intense than any other boss fight in the game. I'd call it a bonus rather than broken.

convo

Jesus christ, why are people jumping on this random twitter user? It's like people can't take any criticism or differing views about a game they haven't played.

You're right in that we shouldn't mock some random guy on twitter.I think we are being too antsy because the release is sooo close right now.

Auctopus

That guy needs to see Barroque architecture and style, not all are just plain buildings and clothes, maybe his brain can not handle such environments because he has not seen barroque before.

I don't know if you're joking by how many times you mention the era but it's 'Baroque' and its architecture is like the buildings found in Rome like the Trevi building and the church. It's interiors are garish and laced in gold, very unlike bloodborne.

Bloodborne is typically Victorian clothing in Gothic architecture. Hints of lovecraftian iconography.

You better head to your local store in the next few days or so.

Well there is an easy fix

I'm saving up amazon credit for one. I'm at like $285 right now. Also I have some Nintendo titles to catch up on :p

I could buy one now with the help of my debit card balance but eh I can wait it out. No Man's Sky or Ratchet PS4 would force me to get one ASAP, but Bloodborne is almost pushing me over the line. Not quite though.

Neoweee

I wouldn't really consider that "broken," and certainly not worthy of any drop in rating. After 1 death and seeing that he summons players, you can just summon a phantom helper or two. Problem solved. That said I've won the fight several times solo despite him summoning players. It was far more intense than any other boss fight in the game. I'd call it a bonus rather than broken.

FROM did a shift like that in both DkS 1 (Gravelords) and DkS 2 (Mirror Knight), and I think were entirely justified in doing so. Putting that fight in regular NG would be a massive, massive difficulty spike, and you'd be at the mercy of finding other players to summon, or having the "humanity" restoration items necessary to do so. Honestly, I had no clue how to even summon players my first time through Dark Souls, because there's nothing resembling a sufficient multiplayer explanation in the game. Ornstein and Smough were justified as the big boss fight before the game's final act, but the Mirror Knight? Totally out of place as a difficulty spike, IMO (but a fantastic setting. A stormy night with the cleared Drangleic Castle looming behind you)

Bloodborne |OT| The Blood runs thick

Bloodborne |OT| Trial by Blood

Bloodborne |OT| Born to Bleed

Bloodborne |OT| Honor borne through Blood, sweat, and tears

Bloodborne |OT| A Bloody Baptism

Bloodborne |OT| An Initiation borne by Blood

viveks86

I don't know if you're joking by how many times you mention the era but it's 'Baroque' and its architecture is like the buildings found in Rome like the Trevi building and the church. It's interiors are garish and laced in gold, very unlike bloodborne.

Bloodborne is typically Victorian clothing in Gothic architecture. Hints of lovecraftian iconography.

This

Top Bottom