• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: PVP Details, New Screenshots, HDD Size

Bajan32

Hey guys just got a quick question.
How many people can carpool together? i know I'm going to buy it but want to know if me and both my brothers can all play together. Don't want them to buy it just to find out co-op is just 2 people.
trying my best not to learn too much about the game till it comes out. So i may have missed any information about the co-op aspects of the game.

Hey guys just got a quick question.
How many people can carpool together? i know I'm going to buy it but want to know if me and both my brothers can all play together. Don't want them to buy it just to find out co-op is just 2 people.
trying my best not to learn too much about the game till it comes out. So i may have missed any information about the co-op aspects of the game.

You can summon 2 additional people into your game.

Dark Souls 1 was GotF-material but ended up sucking ass 50>%. That's a disappointment.
Dark Souls 2 was solid throughout the entire game. That's not a disappointment.

Trust me, the word will spread what I truly think of this game once it's been released. I won't be able to contain myself, just like the previous three Souls-launches. If Bloodborne is anything other than "Holy fucking shit this is on par with (or just slightly worse than) Demon's Souls", than I will drink.

If Dark Souls was a disappointment, then you are going to drink. Your standards are very high. Especially since dark souls is a potential goat.

RIP Yoshichan

Metacritic scores for previous entries:
Demon's Souls: 89
Dark Souls: 89
Dark Souls 2: 91
Avg. series score: 89.6

If Bloodborne is less than a 90 it's a disappointment.

Based 3rd grade math skills.

But DS2 was a disappointment yet scored higher than Demon Souls and DS1.

User Ratings of the Souls Games:

Demon's Souls: 8.7 ~ 1066 ratings
Dark Souls: 8.4 ~ 911 ratings
Dark Souls II: 7.9 ~ 764 ratings

But we shouldn't give shit about review scores. This game will be awesome to everyone who is in love with Miyazaki.

But DS2 was a disappointment yet scored higher than Demon Souls and DS1.

That's because it was the first game that average reviewers actually liked.

Demon's Souls and Dark Souls scored well because they were incredibly crafted games that reviewers had no choice but to appreciate, even though they didn't particularly enjoy playing them.

Around 2012-2013, there was this weird renaissance where people who were previously lukewarm on the games, like the Giant Bomb crew and Yahtzee, suddenly started really liking them.

This newfound love of Souls perfectly coincided with DkS2's release, which led to higher scores than it should've received in relation to the previous games. If reviewers could amend their scores, I'm sure DkS would hit 96-98 range, DeS 92-95.

Noobcraft

Metacritic scores for previous entries (mixed with user reviews):
Demon's Souls: 88
Dark Souls: 86.5
Dark Souls 2: 85
Avg. series score: 86.5

If Bloodborne is less than an 87 it's a disappointment if we combine the user reviews into the score.

Based 4th grade math skills.

2AdEPT

Souls' games never appealed to me, but Bloodborne interests for me for some reason.

For fans of the series, will this game be any diffent than the others? Can't really say why I feel different with this game.

Maybe it's because it seems to be a bit more fast paced. Is it?
It is faster, has a whole new universe for a setting, is 1080P for the first itme on a console, has different lore, some new and likely improved mechanics for balancing....this summoning/invader mechani sounds awesomne!

K Gaf I think I'm going to take the plunge on this game because my fiancee wants to get me something for my birthday on the 16th. I did not decide to get The Order 1886 despite the game drought and that was a good decision but I also did not get Dragon Ball Xenoverse and I kind of want to play it to create my own black saiyan (though 60 dollars seems too high for these types of games to be honest).

Is there any special pre-order bonuses I should be aware about that are distributor specific?

Hoping for a great game and a good community, does anyone know if souls games are very popular on GAF or will the community die out fast if there are not constant posts?
LOL...I first joined GAF in 2009 for Demons' chat, havent posted in much else since...there are at least 5 souls related threads right now..two for demons, one each for ds1 and 2, and less travelled at the moment but still noteworthy ones on how to use mods for PC. There will alwasys be Souls friends bro!
Ive not kept up with this game too much, but it does seem interesting. Is it going to be as difficult as Dark souls? Will the gameplay have that.... janky feel to it? Not sure how to describe that gameplay, but it never felt fluid to me.
It can be a ballet, or a clusterfuck, but this is largely under your own control. (use the tabs in the description to jump to the boss fights)

Maybe this was obvious but I just realized that the item that lets you invade is the same item that allows you to be invaded. Basically all the invaders will be invading each other. Then again, if killing the boss means you can no longer be invaded, it'll be exactly the same as Dark Souls.

tcrunch

Maybe this was obvious but I just realized that the item that lets you invade is the same item that allows you to be invaded. Basically all the invaders will be invading each other. Then again, if killing the boss means you can no longer be invaded, it'll be exactly the same as Dark Souls.

The item you use to summon co-op help is the Lulling Bell, and the item you use to say you want to help is the Small Resonant Bell. Presumably it's the Lulling Bell that can cause the Bell Maiden to appear (the translation is just that she can appear when you are "initiating co-op").

The item you use to invade is the Ominous Resonant Bell and it does not say that will also make her appear.

She might love all bells equally but at this point we can't say for sure.

The item you use to summon co-op help is the Lulling Bell, and the item you use to say you want to help is the Small Resonant Bell. Presumably it's the Lulling Bell that can cause the Bell Maiden to appear (the translation is just that she can appear when you are "initiating co-op").

The item you use to invade is the Ominous Resonant Bell and it does not say that will also make her appear.

She might love all bells equally but at this point we can't say for sure.

Using the Ominous bell spawns her in your own world as well.

Patapwn

Lol, "if bloodborne doesn't get a 90 up on meta, we all gotta agree that it sucks"

Obvious console war undertone

tcrunch

Using the Ominous bell spawns her in your own world as well.

p7NiKcZ.gif

Alright I'll update the OP then.

Noobcraft

Lol, "if bloodborne doesn't get a 90 up on meta, we all gotta agree that it sucks"

Obvious console war undertone
Haha no. I'm getting Bloodborne CE launch day (I've already paid for it). I just want a concrete set of rules for Yoshichan. Yoshichan did agree to drink their own urine if they were disappointed with the game.

tcrunch

i dont get it whats so great about spawning some bell lady..

ive only played dark souls so maybe im missing something

The Bell Maiden increases the chance of being invaded by someone else. So basically, whenever you try to ask for help, you may start getting invaders at the same time with no welcome message. And if you invade, when you return to your own world you also may start getting invaders with no welcome message. It's a delightful take on the risk/reward of co-op and invasion in a game that presumably has no hollowing/human dynamic.

DoubleTake probably put it best:

No ones mentioning how tense it will be anytime you do decide to co-op.

In the alpha when you rang the bell to pull someone in they'd spawn in from wherever they were in their world and would have to come and find you. The game also didng give an indication that theyd entered.

Now when the player wants to Co-op they ring the bell and a Bell Maiden appears somewhere in the world opening them up for invasions as well. If they want to not be invaded they have to find and kill her.

Now imagine ringing the bell to co-op and entering the pvp queue. Now its a race agaisnt the clock to find the bell maiden and kill her before youre invaded, or once invaded find and team up with your partner before the invader find either of you alone!

All the while you're exploring you wont know if someone is there in youre world ready to help or hurt you.

Straight into my veins baby.

I don't really like the idea of bogging down invaders with other invaders.

The sole counterbalance to co-op is invasion. Every minute I spend killing a fellow invader is a minute some co-op coward gets to steamroll the game scot-free.

But we shouldn't give shit about review scores. This game will be awesome to everyone who is in love with Miyazaki.

Bloodborne's user rating will be lower than any Souls game due to exclusivity salt. I wouldn't be surprised to see it in the 60s.

Really?

That's a little:
Joaquin-Phoenix-source_IGN.com_.jpg

How do you explain Demon's being the highest user-rated then?

Or is my sarcasm-detector broke?

100% serious. Demon's was an unknown game from a barely-known developer. There was no buzz around its release. Bloodborne has insane hype, and it's been in the spotlight since its announcement. One merely has to go to 4chan /v/ to see how salty people are about the game. 60 might be a bit low, but it won't be as high as the others. I expect many 0/10 user scores day 1.

Really?

That's a little:
Joaquin-Phoenix-source_IGN.com_.jpg

How do you explain Demon's being the highest user-rated then?

Or is my sarcasm-detector broke?

My guess would be a combination of high exclusivity thirst right now plus From's Games are now major headliners as opposed to when Demon's Souls first stepped into the game in '09.

Bloodborne is Sony's next major exclusive, so you can see why there might be some salt.

『Inaba Resident』;155019622 said:
/v/ is salty about everything.

That's true, but Bloodborne threads are above and beyond. The amount of hate, toxicity, and trolling in those threads is insane. And there are alot of them.

Helldivers had some negative reviews on user metacritic before it was even out

The User score system on metacritic is not very good

GulAtiCa

If by turn off you mean, get invaded, disconnect from PSN, reconnect, continue game, sure.
That actually gets you banned from online interactions. Except for invasions, even though your banned game will still let people invade you.

So likely disconnecting too many times in Bloodborne will not be a good idea.

AlterOdin

100% serious. Demon's was an unknown game from a barely-known developer. There was no buzz around its release. Bloodborne has insane hype, and it's been in the spotlight since its announcement. One merely has to go to 4chan /v/ to see how salty people are about Bloodborne. 60 might be a bit low, but it won't be as high as the others. I expect many 0/10 user scores day 1.

My guess would be a combination of high exclusivity thirst right now plus From's Games are now major headliners as opposed to when Demon's Souls first stepped into the game in '09.

Bloodborne is Sony's next major exclusive, so you can see why there might be some salt.

Hope it fairly received, but there are alot of assholes on the internet. Guess we'll see in a couple of weeks :) (Poor Yoshichan ;P)

Fhtagn

I feel like it could be as low as 80 and as high as over 90, without that score meaning anything as far as whether I like the game. I have no idea if it's a real phenomenon but I feel like scores in general are trending downward across the board.

The Bell Maiden increases the chance of being invaded by someone else. So basically, whenever you try to ask for help, you may start getting invaders at the same time with no welcome message. And if you invade, when you return to your own world you also may start getting invaders with no welcome message. It's a delightful take on the risk/reward of co-op and invasion in a game that presumably has no hollowing/human dynamic.

DoubleTake probably put it best:

sounds tense as fuck lol ive only been invaded once in dark souls and i was shitting bricks the whole time

ZeroX03

Banned
I've been keeping relatively dark, so co-op is up to three players, you can password limit it so you'll only join your friends and PvP and invasions aren't optional when playing online. Right?

Do they have to make the co-op mechanics so Damn pedantic? Why can't they just have a normal setup like 98% of games with this feature? This it's one thing I can't stand about these titles. Guess I should just abandon all hope for voice support?

My ratings would probably go like
DeS-8.5
DS-9.5
DS2-8.0

I think what I'm trying to say here is that I liked the shit out of dark souls 1.

Do they have to make the co-op mechanics so Damn pedantic? Why can't they just have a normal setup like 98% of games with this feature? This it's one thing I can't stand about these titles. Guess I should just abandon all hope for voice support?

Because co-op is extremely unbalanced and trivializes the majority of the difficult content.

The devs want you to actually learn how to defeat enemies with skill, not gangbang everything with buddies.

Afrodium

Banned

Yeah, I wouldn't hold out for chat. The 'normal' set-up just isn't the vibe these games want. The Souls games weave the multiplayer into the lore, and often achieve this by using items as ways to opt-in to multiplayer. Going into a menu and selecting co-op would ruin that.

That said, if you think that lore is a dumb reason to make your multiplayer super obtuse then I won't argue. To each his own and I get how that's aggravating to some people. I like it though.

Because co-op is extremely unbalanced and trivializes the majority of the difficult content.

The devs want you to actually learn how to defeat enemies with skill, not gangbang everything with buddies.

Who exactly are you to determine what someone else considers difficult though? If the devs didn't want you to be able to "gangbang everything" they wouldn't have included co-op. And some bosses in Dark Souls II are actually more difficult with summoned players due to the increase in HP, so who's to say there won't be bosses like that in Bloodborne?

As someone who loves Souls PvP and does it very often, I still fully support any player that wants to simply play with their friends and hates invasions.

convo

People wanting coop with their friends can have that if they really want to and try hard enough, they made it extra easy in this one with the password system. Though all these things is going through the motions of a normal souls game with plenty of newcomers. Feels like the launch of the first dark souls all over again.

Top Bottom