• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: PVP Details, New Screenshots, HDD Size

Neoweee

You can potentially lose the equivalent of unspent XP/money. They can't take your items are make you lose levels.

They don't make you lose levels, they hamper your gain of new levels.

I only make the distinction because there are plenty of RPGs out there where you outright lose levels for dying. The Souls games are not one of them.

Dio

Banned
I only make the distinction because there are plenty of RPGs out there where you outright lose levels for dying. The Souls games are not one of them.

I see you didn't finish Demon's Souls. Well, that's not 'for dying' but Allant says hi.

Sorry if it's been answered before, but will there be any way to guarantee playing with a friend of yours in co-op even tho there's no blood signs anymore? Loved the fact that in DkS2, you could choose a god with a ring and find your friend easily that way.

I know a few people that if there's no way to do so, they'll most likely not buy the game.

Rivitur

Banned
So how easy will it be to actually get the items for co-op? Do I need to go half of the game or will I find the items behind some hidden wall I'll never find? :/

Ferr986

Sorry if it's been answered before, but will there be any way to guarantee playing with a friend of yours in co-op even tho there's no blood signs anymore? Loved the fact that in DkS2, you could choose a god with a ring and find your friend easily that way.

I know a few people that if there's no way to do so, they'll most likely not buy the game.

Theres a password mechanic, basically you and your friends set up a password to coop together

Players can create a "Watchword" of 8 characters that will allow them to co-op with only people who have the same Watchword. This does not work for PVP.

Tahnit

Banned
I just watched a little of the alpha footage. In the part they showed the gesture menu it looked like you can use the six axis to activate gestures? It showed twirling a ds4 around and such. If so this is a brilliant use of six axis!

Guys, how spoilery is this stuff? I'm mainly concerned about the images. Are they just your standard DS PvP press shots, with a couple of dudes duking it out in some nondescript areas?

As for information, I'm fine with anything concerning mechanics and systems, but not with particulars of encounters, NPCs, the world, etc.

Clarification is much appreciated!

Neoweee

Calm down. Sure, it's avoidable, but it's level loss nonetheless.

You don't need to jump to "technically, kind of, tangentially wrong so I'll question your credibility by implying you didn't play/beat difficult game!" It's really condescending.

spliced

Is the Lulling Bell an inventory item or something in a level you have to got to like the bell in No Man's Wharf?

What does a Bell Maiden do? Does it mean you only can get invaded where there is a Bell Maiden or does she just increase the chances of invasion or what?

Illusions are the same as Player Ghosts?

Messenger Tombstone is the same as a Bloodstain?

So there is a Normal Chalice Dungeon that is the same for everyone, then there is in addition to that a Generated one?

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Is the Lulling Bell an inventory item or something in a level you have to got to like the bell in No Man's Wharf?

What does a Bell Maiden do? Does it mean you only can get invaded where there is a Bell Maiden or does she just increase the chances of invasion or what?

So there is a Normal Chalice Dungeon that is the same for everyone, then there is in addition to that a Generated one?

From what i understand:

-Luring Bell is an inventory item.

-The Bell Maiden appears when you summon a friendly player. The Maiden will summon invaders to the host's world. The host must kill her if wants to avoid invasions.

-Yes.

-Same as bloodstains in Souls games

-Appears so, yeah.

Inventory item.

Sounds like people playing solo can only be invaded if the maiden is alive. People playing co-op can always be invaded.

Yes.

Yes.

Sounds like it.

BriGuy

I just watched a little of the alpha footage. In the part they showed the gesture menu it looked like you can use the six axis to activate gestures? It showed twirling a ds4 around and such. If so this is a brilliant use of six axis!
You could do this in Demons Souls too if I remember right.

zma1013

Seeing as how this game is going to make it easy for friends, does PS4 have OS level party chat so we can talk to each other while playing?

GnawtyDog

Banned
Seeing as how this game is going to make it easy for friends, does PS4 have OS level party chat so we can talk to each other while playing?

It's 2015. I think you would of heard more about the PS4 not having it if it did not :)

Yeah it does.

OT: Loving the small details. Never been a Souls guy but I am willing to give this a go.

Neoweee

It seems like you'll have to kill the Bell Maiden to get that benefit, as there doesn't appear to be a human/undead form dichotomy.

We don't know yet about any "sinner" mechanics or anything that allow those wanting to get invaded to give themselves priority over you, though.

Hydrargyrus

Oh god.

This game looks like the GOTG and it's only the first year!!!
If Sony is smart enough, they should make a huge team inside Japan Studio in order to do this game

noqtic

I laughed way too much at the tongue but hole thing...

At any rate Bloodborne sounds like it is shaping up to be a pretty good s̶o̶u̶l̶s̶ game.

its been like that since demons souls...lol

Finally got me a PS4, already loving it but man is this wait for Bloodborne a WAIT. I've just been watching videos of it on my PS4 in the mean time hahaha. That watchword stuff sounds awesome btw, seems like itll be much more reliable than the rings in DkS2 (well im hoping anyways). Also liking that bell maiden stuff.

I don't think someone guessing there might be a snake in the game makes all those other things true. That rumor set is from a guy on reddit who claims he said he got it from a site that got it from a guy who got it from the original Project Beast leaker's pastebin but said pastebin was "quickly deleted".

The snake info has actually been on the JP site a while and you can even see it (I think) in the trailer I posted a few posts up.

You would think that until you get Blood Suck, the new Soul Suck, wahahahaetc.

I think people were talking more about this, which I found from reddit:

1Tc0Vjj.jpg

Which honestly given the themes, I had assumed it might become some kind of mechanic, and the small hints we've had.

As to whether my hunch or any of this supposed information is true, we'll have to find out on Release or close to it.

EDIT: That said some of the stuff they've released or teased now sounds an awful lot like some of the stuff from the leak.

So wait, there's no notification if you get invaded or if someone successfully is summoned for co-op? That's retarded if so.

Just means you'll never know if your damn summon worked only to get jumped by some guy waiting around a corner with three mobs next to him.

The more videos I watch of this game, the more i'm dissuaded from buying it, well at least on day 1. In my opinion, it doesn't diverge enough from the Dark Souls series and i'm not really feeling the art style.

Jobbs

Banned
The more videos I watch of this game, the more i'm dissuaded from buying it, well at least on day 1. In my opinion, it doesn't diverge enough from the Dark Souls series and i'm not really feeling the art style.

Just out of curiosity, if you were interested in Bloodborne to begin with, why would you want it to dierge from the Dark Souls series more? Other than a cuddly/flawed attempt by Lords of the Fallen, no one else is making games anything like this.

Just out of curiosity, if you were interested in Bloodborne to begin with, why would you want it to dierge from the Dark Souls series more? Other than a cuddly/flawed attempt by Lords of the Fallen, no one else is making games anything like this.

I have spent hundreds of hours on Dark Souls series. I wanted this iteration to diverge from the tried and true formula as a new ip. From what i've seen you could've told me this was Dark Souls or Dark Souls DLC and I would've believed you. You can only play the same hack and slash model for so long.

Jobbs

Banned
I have spent hundreds of hours on Dark Souls series. I wanted this iteration to diverge from the tried and true formula as a new ip. From what i've seen you could've told me this was Dark Souls or Dark Souls DLC and I would've believed you. You can only play the same hack and slash model for so long.

I don't need things to be different just for the sake of different. Personally, kinda tired of that criticism being leveled against things. No one criticizes a fine steak or a fine wine for not innovating.

Hypron

You don't need to jump to "technically, kind of, tangentially wrong so I'll question your credibility by implying you didn't play/beat difficult game!" It's really condescending.

Yeah.

And I mean, Allant's grab is extremely obvious and long winded... If you get grabbed by that, tough shit, it's on you.

I don't need things to be different just for the sake of different. Personally, kinda tired of that criticism being leveled against things. No one criticizes a fine steak or a fine wine for not innovating.

Anyway, the game IS different from its spiritual predecessors. It shares some obvious similarities but it's way more different from the other games than DS1 was different from Demon's Souls for example. When I played it, it felt fresh.

Top Bottom