• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: PVP Details, New Screenshots, HDD Size

I assume this is an invader. Note the light red aura around him.

And co-op players are in white too... I'm guessing invading and co-op is going to feel at home to Souls fans. No co-op partners turning on you or anything like that.

iV2WyKb.png

Noobcraft

I haven't had PS+ since December, but lack of online interactions shouldn't be too bad right?

I kind of took a leap of faith on Bloodborne (I didn't like Dark Souls) but I ordered the CE of this.

WGMBY

And co-op players are in white too... I'm guessing invading and co-op is going to feel at home to Souls fans. No co-op partners turning on you or anything like that.

I thought that was just the character's equipment. In one of the trailers there are 2 co-op partners, one dressed in black and one in white.

tcrunch

White is just the color of that guy's cloak. His boots are brown though. The blue light is coming from something behind both of them (you can see it on the cleaver hunter too).

OmegaDL50

The graphics downgrade comments, suspiciously remind me of the numerous Driveclub threads, and the Infamous: SS threads before that.

Is this going to be a typical trend for every major PS4 release imminent prior to launch? I'm looking forward to this game as much as the rest that pre-ordered or are planning to buy it shortly after launch. I know history tends to repeat, but I'd figure we learn something from this by now.

Hopefully using the watchword will be easier to play with friends than dark souls. I think i spit like three hours on dark souls 2 one time trying to co op with a friend.

viveks86

The graphics downgrade comments, suspiciously remind me of the numerous Driveclub threads, and the Infamous: SS threads before that.

Is this going to be a typical trend for every major PS4 release imminent prior to launch? I'm looking forward to this game as much as the rest that pre-ordered or are planning to buy it shortly after launch. I know history tends to repeat, but I'd figure we learn something from this by now.

This is a trend for every major release prior to launch. Not just PS4. We have all been burnt so many times that we end up imagining downgrades even if they are not there.

White is just the color of that guy's cloak. His boots are brown though. The blue light is coming from something behind both of them (you can see it on the cleaver hunter too).

I thought that was just the character's equipment. In one of the trailers there are 2 co-op partners, one dressed in black and one in white.

Hmm... I always noticed that co-op partners are in white in all the gameplay videos. Maybe that's just something they did to make it easier to tell players apart. All white equipment just kinda stands out. I'd be okay if co-op partners didn't have a glow and just looked like normal players. Glowing invaders is plenty good enough.

Amir0x

Banned
This game doesn't have the best image quality but man every shot is dripping with artistic mastery and heavy atmosphere. I love what they've done with this. Truly Dark/Demon Souls for the next gen *swoon*

Horns

Co-op ends when a boss is defeated or the host or guests die, or the host uses Parting Shot on a guest

That's disappointing. It may have already been known, haven't been following too closely.

I want true co-op where I can keep playing with someone regardless of boss battles. Took me 30 minutes to find a co-op player last night in DS2. I would have kept going with the guy, but it ended like all Souls titles do after the boss battle.

That's disappointing. It may have already been known, haven't been following too closely.

I want true co-op where I can keep playing with someone regardless of boss battles. Took me 30 minutes to find a co-op player last night in DS2. I would have kept going with the guy, but it ended like all Souls titles do after the boss battle.

Well you sort of can, now that you can invite friends or coordinate with other players with unique codes.

I'll tell you one thing, I really regretted inviting co-op friends to beat levels for me, as often times I made them do the work for me. Some were insanely powerful, and it killed the enjoyment of taking on a boss myself

Orayn

Never played any of the other Souls games but everyone is so hyped.... So shall I buy this?

Buy it if you like the sound of a challenging, atmospheric action-RPG with lots of blood, spooky enemies, transforming weapons, and relatively little in the way of hand-holding.

OmegaDL50

This is a trend for every major release prior to launch. Not just PS4. We have all been burnt so many times that we end up imagining downgrades even if they are not there.

Of course, however people have already played the Alpha so they already know what to expect from the game. I wouldn't expect the final release to look worse then an already played Alpha build, it's likely to look the same with some improvement at least.

I don't think we are going to run into the same issues that DS2 had, especially this IS the main studio at From Software with SCEJ as a co-developer.

prwxv3

Its really annoying. Have some restraint before the game releases or else you look dumb. The comments about ISS downgrades were embarrassing.

Never played any of the other Souls games but everyone is so hyped.... So shall I buy this?

Personally, I feel like Souls games, this included, are games where you should not buy them on a recommendation. Rather, I feel these games are fairly 'niche.' Meaning some people swear by them, but many do not understand it. These games are incredibly challenging, have very precise and detailed gameplay mechanics, and an immensely expansive lore that is not obvious to the casual player.

In my opinion, if you are unsure whether you would like this, you should not buy it. That said, if this game interests you and you are just being timid... try it. Nearly everybody agrees that all the Souls games are top quality for the most part, and Bloodbourne does not look like it will deviate from these expectations.

My friend was trying to talk me into buying this game the other day. She showed me some trailers and stuff. I was like "Yea that's cool and everything. Cool setting and charaters." But then I'm like "I really wish there was a game where I could do all that stuff as well as jus tongue some but hole." Well it looks like I'm gonna get my wish. SOLD!

Derpyduck

Banned

It totally never happened to Watch Dogs and Destiny. Or Dark Souls 2.

Horns

Well you sort of can, now that you can invite friends or coordinate with other players with unique codes.

I'll tell you one thing, I really regretted inviting co-op friends to beat levels for me, as often times I made them do the work for me. Some were insanely powerful, and it killed the enjoyment of taking on a boss myself

Can you clarify further? That means they stay in your game or you have to keep inviting them back after beating a boss or death?

My ideal co-op situation would be to stay with co-op until death, regardless of bosses or areas, but bump the difficulty up further than Souls games have.

tcrunch

Hmm... I always noticed that co-op partners are in white in all the gameplay videos. Maybe that's just something they did to make it easier to tell players apart. All white equipment just kinda stands out. I'd be okay if co-op partners didn't have a glow and just looked like normal players. Glowing invaders is plenty good enough.

They weren't white in the network alpha. They just keep using a guy in white clothing for some of the videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBZYDnvf2GY

Ferr986

Can you clarify further? That means they stay in your game or you have to keep inviting them back after beating a boss or death?

My ideal co-op situation would be to stay with co-op until death, regardless of bosses or areas, but bump the difficulty up further than Souls games have.

Co-op ends when beating the boss area.

OmegaDL50

It totally never happened to Watch Dogs and Destiny.

Neither Watch Dogs or Destiny were 1st party releases. Dark Souls 2 was developed by a different team at From Software without Miyazaki's involvement.

Are you honestly going to make the same comparisons with a 3rd party release to Infamous: Second Son, Driveclub, and Bloodborne?

I played about 2 levels of Demons Souls, no Dark Souls, and I can not wait to play this game. This art style is seriously the coolest art style I have ever seen in a video game.

Top Bottom