• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BO 08•05-07•16 - Harley & squad Puddin on the ritz, Nine Lives DOA

Status
Not open for further replies.

gimmmick

I won't be surprised if SS gets a 70% drop next week. Seems like a very front loaded movie and word of mouth isn't being too kind for this movie.

EhoaVash

Batman vs Superman was so sooo much better than suicide squad, SS deserves its RT score, way to making a boring harly Quinn with flat 1 liners.
Yep this movies gonna drop like rock next week.

gallery-1470411306-rick-ross-leto-2.png
Leto looks so out of place in that video. Dude is trying so hard to mean mug the camera.

MANUELF

Banned
I dont believe Suicide Squad can reach 300 million so it will be the first 200-300 movie of the year and did anyone seriously expect a worse debut than guardians of the galaxy?

pestul

I dont believe Suicide Squad can reach 300 million so it will be the first 200-300 movie of the year and did anyone seriously expect a worse debut than guardians of the galaxy?
Well no, but I'm sure WB would have liked GoTG legs to go along with such a strong opening. It definitely can still reach $300M DOM, since we're only tallying day 3 so far. The Saturday drop is not a good sign.

I hope it even gets one.

It will.

The opening weekend and the legs from either BvS or Man of Steel means it'll get to profitability.

It'll be interesting to see which legs it gets though.

Never forget: Opening weekend is not indicative of quality! Opening weekend is about marketing! Wait until the second weekend to see if audiences really like a film!

giphy.gif

Repeat this as your box office thread mantra.

kswiston

I was fishing all day, so I missed most of the fun. Looks like Saturday ended up a bit better than what was predicted last night. However, $38.8M is still pretty bad, and Sunday's projected drop seems on the optimistic side of things. I wouldn't be surprised to see the weekend slip under $135M. Beating Deadpool's record should be safe though.

Suicide Squad opened in most markets this weekend. If it ends up with BvS legs, we could be looking at $575-600M worldwide. WB must be hoping that drops are more reasonable.

pestul

I was fishing all day, so I missed most of the fun. Looks like Saturday ended up a bit better than what was predicted last night. However, $38.8M is still pretty bad, and Sunday's projected drop seems on the optimistic side of things. I wouldn't be surprised to see the weekend slip under $135M. Beating Deadpool's record should be safe though.

Suicide Squad opened in most markets this weekend. If it ends up with BvS legs, we could be looking at $575-600M worldwide. WB must be hoping that drops are more reasonable.
Fishing all day.. nice way to spend a Sunday.

Drop to $38.8M is still 2.5% worse than BvS Thus+Fri to Sat drop. BvS dropped a further 33% on Sunday. If that or worse happens again, it will be $130M and under Deadpool. Summer Sundays are probably better than those in the spring though right?

kswiston

The Dark Knight and the Dark Knight Rises were both out during Olympics years. I don't remember when the games actually started though.

gatti-man

That cinema score for SS is weird. I have like 60 teenager employees and literally all of them that have seen it said "don't go see it"

Busty

Banned
He probably manages a movie theater you dope

Either that or he runs a teen modeling agency, or a water park!

..., or a haunted amusement park. It would probably take the collective brain power of 60 of today's teenagers a month to solve a mystery that Scooby and the gang could have knocked out in half an hour.

What, you guys don't have 60 teenage servants?

I have 13 servants that are in their sixties.

:(

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
if WB manages to turn the ship around and actually get good critical acclaim for these movies they'll have a money machine. People want to see these characters on screen they just aren't delivering when it comes to quality films.

if WB manages to turn the ship around and actually get good critical acclaim for these movies they'll have a money machine. People want to see these characters on screen they just aren't delivering when it comes to quality films.

Yep. It's clear these films are big box office draws, WB just keeps handicapping itself. Settling for good money when it could be making great money.

BumRush

I don't see it. Pets really hit it harder than expected.

Yup, I didn't see Pets but it's literally the same exact genre / target audience and I heard it was good.

No, but it'll still most likely gross $1b ww.

I think that's still pretty safe. Still has to open in Germany and Italy and many overseas territories opened later than the U.S.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
That's all on Paramount too. They caused this themselves. I can't believe they handled the film so poorly.

I mean, it's really bad.

The film will most likely finish between $360-380M when all is said and done ww (if one assumes a gross of $100M in China).

Paramount is better off greenlighting a Terminator sequel at this point.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
A big drop for Suicide Squad next week no doubt. Amount of Harley merch sold though will be the one big victory that was always gonna happen regardless.

The battle between Ghostbusters 2016 and Pixels is still on! Without more worldwide numbers turning up, its difficult to tell if it'll pass Sandler's 'classic'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom