• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 Vita |OT| 870 gajillion guns in your pockets

It is without question one of the most fun I have ever had playing a video gameGAIGEFORLIFE. No lie. Now I never played the "real" versions so the dips in frame rate etc didn't bother me at all...

However...oddly enough AFTER the patch the game crashed more than before :(

The combination of "Close Enough" and Anarchy skills easily makes Gaige the easiest character to play on Vita by vastly de-emphasising the requirement to actually aim :D

Best character by far.

KyleCross

I got this free with my Vita 2k (I literally went across 3 states trying to find it when I was out of town... only to come back home and my local Walmart has it) but I have the game on PS3 and I love it (it was my GOTY) so I'm not very interested in playing the Vita version. I guess I should sell it on ebay or something?

Just tried the Bane weapon. Best and worst weapon of BL2 so far. Also, Im still amazed BL2 is running on my vita after finally reducing my backlog by 2.

maouvin

What is this bane weapon you speak of, and how did you go about acquiring it?

It's a SMG, quest reward for the mission "The Bane", which it's obtainable by picking an ECHO log on a corpse to the left of the left entrance of Moxxi's bar (the one around the slot machines) after Sanctuary
flies off.

It has high damage for a SMG, but your movement speed is reduced and there's another side-effect that you absolutely must find out by yourself.

anddo0

I tried to do the final side quest, but it's really hard, even with the rock glitch. It would be great if someone helped me.

I need help with him too.
what to hook up?

I'm a lvl 39 assassin. It's the last mission I need for all side-missions complete in normal mode.

It's a good think you can play both True Vault Hunter mode and normal simultaneously.

anddo0

You really shouldn't go for Terra so underleved.

I figured as much, It looks like I'm stuck with the assassin for the long haul. I don't really feel like doing every side-mission with another character.

I prefer the sirens phaselock, but I played the hell out of that class on PC (lvl 51).

quick question about cloud saving
Do you lose or have to re=apply badass points?

I used the feature once. I loaded my assassin (Vita) on to the PS3 version, and I noticed that I had more than 48 unallocated points.

swnny

Last week I ordered a Vita Slim bundle with Borderlands 2 and 8GB card and it should be here later today. :)
But from what I'm understanding, the game is coming as a code and not a cartridge and even worse, as a US region code, I wont be able to redeemed on my EU account. Is that correct?
If that's the case, I wanna ask where is the proper forum/thread or if anyone here is interested to trade the code for something usable to me? Please, dont shoot me if this last question is against the rules. :eek:

Anybody want to jump in and strong arm me through the Talon of God mission? Just trying to wrap this game up before I start playing other things! My PSN is JakeNoseIt

Edit: actually gotta bounce, but shoot me an add or message me if you can help out later!

Got the DLC on PS3 recently and have been playing through it and could now use some help. I know the chances are slim, but if anyone could help me through Digistruct, just OP8, I would be much obliged. I reached OP7 solo, but I have failed a few times on OP8 at the Assassins. It's kind of frustrating :(

I play a Siren, so I can help with PL and healing. If anyone would be so kind, send me a message on PSN - ReignofSparrows.

Pretty cool that people are still posting on this thread. I'll try to help people as much as I can.

Anybody want to jump in and strong arm me through the Talon of God mission? Just trying to wrap this game up before I start playing other things! My PSN is JakeNoseIt

Edit: actually gotta bounce, but shoot me an add or message me if you can help out later!
Sure, I rock a level 57 Zer0. Will add you!

Pretty cool that people are still posting on this thread. I'll try to help people as much as I can.

Sure, I rock a level 57 Zer0. Will add you!

Sweet, I was out all night so we'll figure something out later but thanks for helping! I'm a measely level 30 so the help will be very appreciated.

pwack

I know I'm late to the party, but I just started playing this game a week ago; first time going through Borderlands of any sort (I had a PS3 and an Xbox, but don't have much time for at home console gaming). Holy cow this is fun! Sure, even not playing the console versions I can tell there are some hardware limitations in place, but those don't make this version not worth playing for one second (at least to me). What a blast.

I know I'm late to the party, but I just started playing this game a week ago; first time going through Borderlands of any sort (I had a PS3 and an Xbox, but don't have much time for at home console gaming). Holy cow this is fun! Sure, even not playing the console versions I can tell there are some hardware limitations in place, but those don't make this version not worth playing for one second (at least to me). What a blast.
Hell yea! I have only played about 1 hour of BL1, a looooooong time ago. When this game came out, on a whim I bought it from the B/S/T thread. I fell in love with it near instantly. It's a wonderful title, marred mainly by the horrible, HORRIBLE reviews people put out there. But for those branve enough to ignore the masses, and try it for themselves, I believe the majority feel how you and I do. A fantastic game, made better by portability. The true definition of handheld bliss! I loved the game so much I went out and bought a physical copy (on a crazy sale) for around 15 bucks about a month after release. It's still sealed...and it likely may stay that way. I like having it forever on my Vita..

It's so good. I just power leveled some stuff on vita, bought the ps3 goty edition so I can have the matching dlc and cross saved my mechromancer across to play some on the big screen. I love vita, as it's actually got me to play the game.

I will say, you don't realize how long vita load times are until you play a console version. This is so fast compared to vita.

Anyone knows if they are releasing any other patch? I'm enjoying the game as much as I did the console version, but god the game crashes a lot. After an intense combat section, if I bring the weapons menu, it often freeze and crashes, damn it.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Anyone knows if they are releasing any other patch? I'm enjoying the game as much as I did the console version, but god the game crashes a lot. After an intense combat section, if I bring the weapons menu, it often freeze and crashes, damn it.

Don't think any other patches are coming sadly.

I find if I don't have the DLC level expansions installed though and just have the uvh, collecters edition, and character dlc unlock codes downloaded then I never really have crashes.

Don't think any other patches are coming sadly.

I find if I don't have the DLC level expansions installed though and just have the uvh, collecters edition, and character dlc unlock codes downloaded then I never really have crashes.

I don't have any of the DLC, sadly, they don't sell it separately, and my copy is a used one :/

maouvin

Seems like there's a new patch out. People been saying it's pretty small (~17mb), so it's probably just for PSTV compatibility.
Hope this isn't the one Gio was talking about...

Seems like there's a new patch out. People been saying it's pretty small (~17mb), so it's probably just for PSTV compatibility.
Hope this isn't the one Gio was talking about...

I hope that as well. I think that performance is a tiiiiny little bit better, but it still crashes on weapon menu.

fernoca

Yeah. It's around the size of the Sly Cooper patch, so everything points to TV compatibility.

I just got this (2000 bundle, but aying on the original) and I'm quite surprised at how close to the console versions is and how great it looks.

Playing with a Psycho as I never played with him back when I had it on PS3 and so far, so great.

omg_mjd

Loving this port. Sure, the framerate could be better but it's Borderlands 2 on a Vita so I'm gonna let it slide. And to answer my original question in this thread from way back: it compares more to Need For Speed Most Wanted in terms of framerate (except better) than to garbage like AC Liberation. Quite playable and stable, at least for me. My character's at level 13 and so far no crashes this whole time. (Although occasionally after quitting the game the Vita's OS seems glitchy for some reason.)

What really made me hesitate from buying the game was the reported 3 visible enemies limit. Thankfully it doesn't affect the hectic pace of battles at all since the game immediately spawns more enemies to replace the ones that you've splodded. I've also noticed that the enemy barks are slightly different from the PC version with new lines that I never came across despite finishing the game before.

Anyway the game looks great (based OLED) and I'm glad it's native resolution. Also, the port didn't sacrifice some of the "little" things that make BL2 a beautiful game--features like varying weather effects and day/night cycles are all intact.

kng3025

Yeah. It's around the size of the Sly Cooper patch, so everything points to TV compatibility.

I just got this (2000 bundle, but aying on the original) and I'm quite surprised at how close to the console versions is and how great it looks.

Playing with a Psycho as I never played with him back when I had it on PS3 and so far, so great.

You were correct indeed, it was a PSTV compatibility patch. On the plus side, it looks like there's a stability patch on the way. There's an email provided so that we could send lists of issues and whatnot to the devs. They say the next patch is in a couple of weeks, and is focusing on fixing the stability. Hope it fixes a lot.

https://twitter.com/IToTheG/status/521854291405840384?p=v

maouvin

You were correct indeed, it was a PSTV compatibility patch. On the plus side, it looks like there's a stability patch on the way. There's an email provided so that we could send lists of issues and whatnot to the devs. They say the next patch is in a couple of weeks, and is focusing on fixing the stability. Hope it fixes a lot.

Great news! Stability should be the focus indeed, as there isn't much more that can be done to help performance.

kng3025

Great news! Stability should be the focus indeed, as there isn't much more that can be done to help performance.

Yeah, pretty much. I'm already enjoying the game as is, and haven't really had as many issues as others have, so the more stability the better! Just sucks we're most likely not going to get the rest of the dlc. It would have been great.

Tigress

Yeah, pretty much. I'm already enjoying the game as is, and haven't really had as many issues as others have, so the more stability the better! Just sucks we're most likely not going to get the rest of the dlc. It would have been great.

Or at least the Tiny Tina one that ups the level you can go. But yeah, the rest of the DLC would have been awesome. I'd totally pay to keep the game going (though with some breaks it's all I've been playing on my Vita since it came out. But usually I play on my Vita during work breaks so slowly managing to get through the game).

I am still loving the game and am glad they made it and didn't have the philosophy of some people that it just shouldn't have been made if it couldn't be as good as the other versions. Sure, it's not running smoothly but it's still fun and better than not having it. I still say it runs better than Fallout 3 or New Vegas on the PS3 which I had far more problems with crashing or lagging so badly I had to restart the game to make it playable.

MattyG

Banned

Yesssss. If we can get a more stable framerate I'd be delighted. I'd love it if they brought the rest of the DLC over too, but I doubt that will ever happen, sadly. Did they ever release sales data for this? Maybe it sold well enough to warrant continued support and they just haven't got around to it.

Yesssss. If we can get a more stable framerate I'd be delighted. I'd love it if they brought the rest of the DLC over too, but I doubt that will ever happen, sadly. Did they ever release sales data for this? Maybe it sold well enough to warrant continued support and they just haven't got around to it.

Not officially but BL2 Vita sold around 27,000 retail standalone in the US during May 2014 and the bundle sold around 56,000 units the same month so take that as you will

REALLY wanna play this

Is it really a viable full fledged BL2 experience on the vita?

I noticed it doesn't have things like Tiny Tina DLC, so is save swapping to PS3 (which i might also buy) also legit to, you know, get the full package?

how did it even handle that aspect between the two versions?

thanks VitaBros :)

REALLY wanna play this

Is it really a viable full fledged BL2 experience on the vita?

I noticed it doesn't have things like Tiny Tina DLC, so is save swapping to PS3 (which i might also buy) also legit to, you know, get the full package?

how did it even handle that aspect between the two versions?

thanks VitaBros :)

Yes, if you're sensitive to frames then less so.

Yes, i use it all the time actually. Super quick, super simple. It uploads to a gearbox cloud server and then you download it.

I wouldn't expect any more dlc coming out tbh so enjoy what you have. I plan to play most of it o vita and then when I get to dlc switch to ps3.

Yes, if you're sensitive to frames then less so.

Yes, i use it all the time actually. Super quick, super simple. It uploads to a gearbox cloud server and then you download it.

I wouldn't expect any more dlc coming out tbh so enjoy what you have. I plan to play most of it o vita and then when I get to dlc switch to ps3.

Sounds like a plan!

thanks man :)

Top Bottom