• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Breaking Bad" - Season 2 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course he's going to
miss it. The writers are really pushing the relationship between Walt and his wife to point where chaos erupts. Skylar will not be pleased, will feel more distant from Walt and closer to that guy she works with.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
FTWer said:
Does Walt make it in time for next week's episode?
Seems Walt is mad because he missed his wife's birth of their new child & blames Jess for it & because of that he is not splitting the money with him.
Wasn't that's why Jessie has his girlfriend threatening to blackmail Walt in the preview clip?

Damn! That is a different than the one they have online. I guess it is on YouTube for people who have to watch it via download.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqx4_LxlB3w

I bet that Walt is going to get the money and miss the birth, hide the money in his house, and then the finale (which has been hinted at with a few opening scenes) is going to be someone breaking into his house and stealing all the money

daw840

chaoticprout said:
I bet that Walt is going to get the money and miss the birth, hide the money in his house, and then the finale (which has been hinted at with a few opening scenes) is going to be someone breaking into his house and stealing all the money

That would be super depressing......

AlternativeUlster

chaoticprout said:

That is what I was thinking too. Either that or Jane
tells the rival gangs of Walt's whereabouts and trashes his place and Walt has to fight back with Mr. Wizard shit!

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
AlternativeUlster said:
That is what I was thinking too. Either that or Jane
tells the rival gangs of Walt's whereabouts and trashes his place and Walt has to fight back with Mr. Wizard shit!

This would be epic. Like Home Alone if Mcally Culkin was middle aged.

pitt_norton

I've never experienced a TV show that has been so consistent in awesomeness.

Can't wait for the DVD boxset once its run is complete.

AlternativeUlster

catfish said:
thankyou for the password protected links sir.

would you also like to bang me on the toe with this mallet?

Password protected links? Download the torrent, use whatever torrent program you use (I use BitComet for it tricks other peers that you are more than one person so you can download faster), and then you download.

Sure, I guess I could bang your toe with a mallet. I have never held a mallet before. Please be gentle with me.

Ashhong

catfish said:
thankyou for the password protected links sir.

would you also like to bang me on the toe with this mallet?

those arent password protected, but they are private trackers. i suggest tpb, or demonoid as linked above.

i finally caught up to this thread, and fuck yea this show is good. unfortunately i have to now wait weekly for the next episode after watching S1 and S2 in 2 days.

AlternativeUlster

Ashhong said:
those arent password protected, but they are private trackers. i suggest tpb, or demonoid as linked above.

i finally caught up to this thread, and fuck yea this show is good. unfortunately i have to now wait weekly for the next episode after watching S1 and S2 in 2 days.

Damn, that is a fast watch. I guess I went through the first four seasons of the Wire in 2 weeks and the wait for Season Five to hit DVD was unbearable. Jesus Christ.

Ashhong

yea it was pretty much nonstop. still managed to shove in work and 24 finale too :lol

the show is just so good, as stated many times by others. i love any time walt realizes how stupid jesse is, the typical old man eye rolling is awesome. like when jesse threw the water on top of the battery thing and walt comes out with a fire extinguisher :lol

and i just have to add that i really hate skylar. i know were supposed to sympathize with walter and therefore also hate her at parts, but i really hate her. her method of dealing with conflicts is so annoying, and now shes all flirty with this guy? women are hypocrites.

big_z

yes i know the episode is online but the quality is shit. i guess amc flagged the show making it impossible record for most players.

Ashhong

big_z said:
yes i know the episode is online but the quality is shit. i guess amc flagged the show making it impossible record for most players.

for the most recent one, yea. for some reason its not AMC HD. its not really impossible since its been done this season. it goes off and on

Ventrue

Last few minutes were soooooo intense. I really didn't know which way they were going to take it when Walt paused in the kitchen, and the way he just suddenly started scrabbling around again was really well done.

The intro scene was great as well.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Ashhong said:

yes, and a private tracker is essentially a 'please arrest me' list of your info stored with someone that will probably eventually get busted.

Password protected links? Download the torrent, use whatever torrent program you use (I use BitComet for it tricks other peers that you are more than one person so you can download faster), and then you download.

as in 'register at my website to access'. I know how torrents work (because a friend told me) people hate bitcomet as well and it's banned on a few trackers (or was a while back)

Ashhong said:
and i just have to add that i really hate skylar. i know were supposed to sympathize with walter and therefore also hate her at parts, but i really hate her. her method of dealing with conflicts is so annoying, and now shes all flirty with this guy? women are hypocrites.

Why are we supposed to hate her? The guy is making and selling meth, he's stolen methylamine, killed a guy and is directly or indirectly responsible for getting others killed, and all the while he is neglecting his family which includes a pregnant wife. That's a testament to the acting and writing of the show, how it makes you kind of root for the wrong doers, just like the Shield. But I don't see why we're supposed to hate her.

dave is ok said:
Did anyone else notice that Walt missed a bag?

I swear he left one on the kitchen floor - doubt it'll matter much. But still
I don't think he missed one, but if he did, it does matter much.

The Mr. Pollos already calculated the weight and the money for the drop. He won't like the change of plans and might forget about Walt altogether.

neight

Banned
I hated knowing right away who the secretive dealer was because I knew they hired that actor for being more than just an extra. I've seen him in stuff before.

neight said:
I hated knowing right away who the secretive dealer was because I knew they hired that actor for being more than just an extra. I've seen him in stuff before.

It was pretty obvious otherwise too. I did notice who the actor was until later but I realized he was the dealer when he asked "how is everything".

Ashhong

catfish said:
yes, and a private tracker is essentially a 'please arrest me' list of your info stored with someone that will probably eventually get busted.

as in 'register at my website to access'. I know how torrents work (because a friend told me) people hate bitcomet as well and it's banned on a few trackers (or was a while back)

you only know what your friend told you? you have it backwards, private trackers are much less likely to be busted. its when you go downloading things on public trackers that your internet shuts u off.

Spectral Glider said:
Why are we supposed to hate her? The guy is making and selling meth, he's stolen methylamine, killed a guy and is directly or indirectly responsible for getting others killed, and all the while he is neglecting his family which includes a pregnant wife. That's a testament to the acting and writing of the show, how it makes you kind of root for the wrong doers, just like the Shield. But I don't see why we're supposed to hate her.

maybe i was too strong. i read it in a review once and i agreed. it was basically that like any husband, he gets frustrated at sylar, especially in the silent treatment parts. and even though i should understand that she has every right to do it, i side with Walt and resent sylar anyway.

i dont know why, but the pissed off woman act almost always rubs me the wrong way, and just doesnt seem right. i think only Mrs. Coach from Friday Night Lights is the only woman on tv i dont hate when theyre PMSing.

BigAT

How about the fact that she was smoking while in the late stages of a pregnancy? There's no excuse for such a selfish, destructive act, no matter what her circumstances are. I was very sympathetic towards Skylar before that point, but I can't muster anything but disgust for her.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Watched the episode just now because the internet failed me again, anyway great episode. I liked how Saul plainly stated that Walt and Jesse sucked big time in peddling meth something which is very true, these guys are so over their heads is not even funny. I think something bad will happen with Mr. Pollo that somehow is related to the future explosion in Walt's house. Can't wait until the new episode is released :D

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
daw840 said:
So is the general consensus that the body bag foreshadowing will be revealed at the end of this season?

It better be! you don't foreshadow a big event like that through all of the season and don't show it at the season finale, you just don't do that. It would be dumb, so i am 100% sure we will know about the bodies in the season finale.

KingGondo

Banned
Yeah, I'm sure the pink stuffed animal, Walt's glasses in the pool, the Hazmat suits, and the two body bags will be explained in the finale.

I've watched up to episode 6 on the second season. So far it's REALLY good. I honestly don't know how I missed this one. I have the remaining episodes (11 was the latest release) on my home mac that I plan to watch this weekend...

Sloane

Banned
Solaros said:
The two body bags are Jesse and his girlfriend. Death from attempting to steal money from Walt's house.
I'm thinking the same. Might be a bit too obvious though?

Fuck the last few minutes of last ep was fantastic. I knew they were gonna cliffhanger it, I screamed hate then joy.

Fucking hope the TV cappers cap it tomorrow. Theres no other shows on Monday.... Breaking Bad deserves better treatment from the scene! :D

I'm LTTP on this awesome show, just finished Season One but one thing I hate is how Walt is a master in crystaline whatever and his dumbass DEA agent of a brother in-law doesn't pick up on "stolen lab equipment + genius brother in law + dying = meth dealer". When there's smoke there's fire.

I wish that the stole equipment had never been found. I mean it was probably worth it for the awesome Walt
fingering his wife
at the Board Meeting thing, but whatever. I find it stupid. I mean, I guess it's a little jab at the DEA but yeah. Kinda annoying.

I'm bailing out basically until I'm able to start/finish Season Two, but if anyone would like to vaguely comment (no spoilerz plz!1) I'd be down with reading it.

Ventrue

Buckethead said:
I'm LTTP on this awesome show, just finished Season One but one thing I hate is how Walt is a master in crystaline whatever and his dumbass DEA agent of a brother in-law doesn't pick up on "stolen lab equipment + genius brother in law + dying = meth dealer". When there's smoke there's fire.

I wish that the stole equipment had never been found. I mean it was probably worth it for the awesome Walt
fingering his wife
at the Board Meeting thing, but whatever. I find it stupid. I mean, I guess it's a little jab at the DEA but yeah. Kinda annoying.

I don't feel this is particularly valid. Walt doesn't exactly fit the profile for meth producer. And Hank thinks he's a big wuss. And he's family and would never imagine that Walt was capable of stuff like that.

Ventrue said:
I don't feel this is particularly valid. Walt doesn't exactly fit the profile for meth producer. And Hank thinks he's a big wuss. And he's family and would never imagine that Walt was capable of stuff like that.

That's true, but just given the missing equipment from Walt's school.
It's kinda like "ehhhh....c'mon". Even if he doesn't particularly have a suspicion about Walt, I just thought they could have done a better job of "hiding" it or something.

I mean there's the sense of paranoia and concern for Walt and you hope he doesn't get pinched, but I think sometimes it's done at the price of believability.

Anyway a couple episodes into Season 2 now and it's still awesome. So many good shows on TV nowadays.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Also LTTP. Just had the time to finish up 6 episodes in 2 days. So. Fucking. Awesome. Now drama has been an acquired taste for me, and imo this is drama at it's finest. Love it so damn much. Walt is really interesting because he has this certain, for the lack of a better word, aloof personality. Latest scene,
where he avenges Jesse with the crack dealer
was so intense. Also love the jokes every now and then. Can't wait to watch the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom