• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Breaking Bad" - Season 2 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBuccCP

That didn't really feel like a finale to me.

edit: Ugh the more I think about that ending the more I don't like it. Didn't 24 pull some shit with crashing airliners this season?

so i guess the body bags are from plane passengers? edit: beaten

well i guess that's a somewhat clever fake-out... i thought skylar and walt jr. were going to get whacked

BigAT

Wait, was there something in the beginning of the episode that implied
it was a plane crash?
I see that some people were talking about it early on but I didn't notice anything that pointed to this conclusion.

BigAT said:
it was a plane crash?
I see that some people were talking about it early on but I didn't notice anything that pointed to this conclusion.

there were those two pillars of smoke in the background.

B.K.

BigAT said:
it was a plane crash?

One of the vans they put evidence into had NTSB written on the top of it and there were two plumes of smoke in the distance.

BigAT

B.K. said:
One of the vans they put evidence into had NTSB written on the top of it and there were two plumes of smoke in the distance.

I guess knowing what the NTSB is would have helped. I saw the smoke obviously but figured they could be explosions from almost anything.

B.K.

I wonder if Walt will ever find out that all the innocent people on those planes died because of him.

it's funny because everybody thought walt and jane's dad running into each other at the bar was a ridiculous coincidence :lol

i guess i'm kind of relieved though. seeing any of the current characters die would've been kinda rough. unless it was hank and his bitch wife

seat

Tyrone Slothrop said:
i guess i'm kind of relieved though. seeing any of the current characters die would've been kinda rough. unless it was hank and his bitch wife
I was kind of hoping for Skylar, personally.

Fatalah

Bad news all around for Walt.

• Mr. Pollo now knows that Walt is not in good health and has a brother-in-law that's a DEA agent. The business relationship is probably done next season.
  • Jesse's mental state is a huge question mark. What can turn him around?
  • Skylar found out about every small lie Walt made this season.

Some advice--- Walt has to stop pumping money into his son's website.

Ril

Color me underwhelmed. What a fucking deus-ex-machina-contrived-ass-HEY GUYS LOOK HOW EVERYTHING'S CONNECTED bloody mess of an ending. Season 3 has some fucking explaining to do. I thought Breaking Bad would be above such a total fucking cop-out of a season finale. I was wrong.

Fatalah said:
Was it me was the bald businessman next to Mr. Pollo the same guy that helped Walt with Jane/find Jesse?

that's what i thought. i tried to get a closer look during the encore presentation but couldn't make it out

Fatalah

Tyrone Slothrop said:
that's what i thought. i tried to get a closer look during the encore presentation but couldn't make it out

I was laughing because I really thought it was the same guy. I kind hope it is. :lol

big_z

Jack and Kate will be in the sleeping bags. This is just a hint of the lost series finale. JJ Abrams mind fucking us all across entire shows and stations.

Not sure what to think of this episode, doesnt really feel like a finale. It does set the show up for a crazy third(final?) season but still i was expecting more. Season two started out insane but ended slow... kinda like it was played backwards.

Mindlog

Jason's Ultimatum said:
These random occurrences connected to the characters are starting to piss me off.

P.S. The cleaner . Nice Pulp Fiction moment.

I agree.

I enjoyed the character interactions, but some of the major plot elements are starting to wear.

explosion bad *I can understand the symbolism of the event, but it compromises the rest of the story too much. imo
skylar pretty good

Jesse/Walt excellent

BigAT

Overall it was a solid episode, although perhaps not worthy of being a season finale. I think most of my disappointment is due to the fact that I've set the bar for this show so ridiculously high because it has surpassed my expectations so many times before.

I think the plane crash would be better received were it not for the fact that they've been building up to it the entire season. I would be looking at it in an entirely different light if they had not done all of the teases to start episodes. Especially when they showed the body bags, I felt like they were saying, "Hey, we're taking out two characters, prepare to get blown away" and to not deliver on that feels kind of hollow.

I think last week's episode would have served as a better season finale or if they just ended tonight's episode with Skylar walking out on him.

KingGondo

Banned
Gilligan has a good point, although I think the finale was a little contrived. The point that is hammered home, again and again, that the characters' actions all have consequences. Walt has been punished in his family life, psychologically, and finally, as Gilligan put it, he's being punished cosmically.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the writers keep the show spiraling downward in Season 3. Walt is about to get into some seriously depressing shit.

Mindlog

chaoticprout said:
How the fuck can people think this was a copout? It makes Walt's druglordage even more fucked up. He just killed 300+ people.

IMO

That point was better served when Walt went to get Jesse. That scene was crushing.

xbhaskarx

That was a lame cop-out. I wonder if they changed the ending because the show got renewed... they must have because there was no reason to foreshadow that all season.

seat said:
I was kind of hoping for Skylar, personally.

Same here, she's annoying. I was hoping for Skylar and her boss. I was also really hoping Hank, Jesse, and Walt Jr. were not among the dead.

Tyrone Slothrop said:

WTF Hank is one of the best characters on the show... the worst thing about the last few shows was the absence of Hank.

Justin85 said:
If you put together all of the show titles that had the bear flashbacks it reads: "Seven-Thirty Seven Down Over ABQ".

:lol
Okay, that's kind of cool, yet it also sucks because that means they planned for that to be the finale all along, and built it up way too much, knowing they would disappoint everyone.

maharg

idspispopd
BigAT said:
I guess knowing what the NTSB is would have helped. I saw the smoke obviously but figured they could be explosions from almost anything.

That's what the Intertubes are for.

xbhaskarx

chaoticprout said:
How the fuck can people think this was a copout? It makes Walt's druglordage even more fucked up. He just killed 300+ people.

The buildup was disingenuous, as explained here:

BigAT said:
I think the plane crash would be better received were it not for the fact that they've been building up to it the entire season. I would be looking at it in an entirely different light if they had not done all of the teases to start episodes. Especially when they showed the body bags, I felt like they were saying, "Hey, we're taking out two characters, prepare to get blown away" and to not deliver on that feels kind of hollow.

I think last week's episode would have served as a better season finale or if they just ended tonight's episode with Skylar walking out on him.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Well this was a pretty boring standard finale, apart from that fuckawesome ending that is. So, how long are we going to be waiting for S3?

Is it a safe assumption that the bodies in those bags on the driveway are just random airplane passengers?

Yes.
That lying ass, I just know he's lying.:lol

Ya, that plane crash was super lame. It's hard to feel anything but betrayed as a loyal viewer. It's just so tacky to build suspense and intrigue for so long like that just to turn into something completely inconsequential. This show hasnt pissed me off like this since the Jessie's brother reveal.

Fatalah said:
Bad news all around for Walt.

Mr. Pollo now knows that Walt is not in good health and has a brother-in-law that's a DEA agent. The business relationship is probably done next season.
You think Walt's biggest problem is financial? An overly cautious drug lord now knows someone who knows his face and occupation is related to the man hunting him down. I can't imagine he will just hope Walt doesn't talk

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
saying that plane crash was inconsequential is so ridiculous. it's a perfect metaphor for what walt has done, and it sums the season up perfectly. and do you guys need a bigger event than skylar seeing through the list of his lies and leaving? anything else than that is secondary, this is the reason i watch the show.

Ashhong

i was definitely underwhelmed by that ending along with most of you guys. but the thing that really gets me is the hype that this finale received from the fucking press. was this the best finale ever? NO. was this even the best episode of BB? far from it.

a wife leaving her husband is not a huge shock, especially in this case. who couldnt see that coming? ive said it before, but i have some kind of weird hatred for women on TV. they are always written like such bitches.

xbhaskarx

mattiewheels said:
saying that plane crash was inconsequential is so ridiculous.

Is anyone really saying it was "inconsequential", is that really the criticism?
Personally I would have no problem with any of it if they had never shown the bodybags before tonight's episode. Really, just change that one thing and I wouldn't feel at all manipulated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom