• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking News: Next Xbox Reveal Set For May 21, 10:00 A.M. PST, Livestreamed

Status
Not open for further replies.

derFeef

bigtroublelittledurango-b.gif

I love that one. I also needed to chuckle on the signature ;)

macewank

Yup. Commercial Free Hour long presser according to Keighley. This should be a packed press conference, but I don't think it will be as game heavy. This is the introduction to the mainstream audience, so they will lay on heavy the Kinect/TV/Apps stuff. E3 will be much more games focused based on Major Nelson's post.

Introduction to the mainstream audience being televised on a gaming tv show and streamed for free on a gaming console..

Hrm.

Spinluck

Only an hour long is already a disappointment, but it doesn't matter, E3 will be right around the corner by then. Megatons will be dropped that day.

Reiko

Banned
LOL
Seriously thou, the pastebin rumors is not better then this.

This should get its own thread. There will be soooo much fun to read.

From the link:

One wouldn’t think that it needs to be said, but let it be said anyway that this is a pointed work of fiction; there is no source, and all of these details are obviously fabricated. Now go read some more rumors.

So I have officially taken the morning of May 21st off work. Crappy thing is I dont have a Spike HD channel.

I wonder if I will get better results watching on GT, or 360?

Mahonay

Banned
Hey GAF my first post! People are frustade and telling MS have left hardcore gamers behind last couple of years. But don't worry, MS will provied! what do you think MS studios have been up to last years? You have to rember MS is still selling 250k boxes every month, without "support" for harcore gamers. So they don't see any reasons to drive the exclusive games, 3 parties does it for them. No the eye of Sauron have been foucesd for the next box and to please the gamers, we are the gamers that will kick off the next gen, so they will please us. So relax, the games will come. And for that ps4 will be so friendly for the programmers, yes if you look to the hardware presentation, but MS has the driver seat in software interaction with hardware. so if hardware specs looking strange? It will add up with the hardware. How can any one doubt that. So get ready for great times. And that PS 4 get positive reactions from programmers, that is also good for us, we will get more great games next gen!
iJhfVDoaGwo4L.gif

farisr

So I have officially taken the morning of May 21st off work. Crappy thing is I dont have a Spike HD channel.

From my experience. GameTrailers. They may be delayed a second or two, but have usually had the smoothest and most high quality experience for me.

Mahonay

Banned

I feel like I've had the Microsoft Xbox streaming application fail on me during live events.

Gametrailers is always solid. I just stick with that.

Luckily I don't work until 4PM EST, I'll get to watch this before I leave for work. At least most of it.

Amir0x

Banned
My hopes are that it is not the horrendous train wreck that every single rumour has indicated it will be so far. If they confirm any of the terrible rumours circulating about Durango, failure show will be activated.

Vire

Interesting that they list is as a "New Generation" rather than "Next Generation".

Probably overanalyzing this stuff though.

Bsigg12

360 Stream they did for Gears of War Judgment was pretty good and stable. The also did the polls on there.

Oh yeah, that was a surprisingly good broadcast. Regardless that Larry Hyrb is a tool, the stream itself was pretty solid.

And suddenly this thread is full of Sony fanboys. Unexpected.

It makes this all the better. Doom and gloom all the way to the reveal, just so Microsoft can drop bombs.

Interesting that they list is as a "New Generation" rather than "Next Generation".

Probably overanalyzing this stuff though.

Marketing department gotta market.

Probably just using different wording to distinguish themselves a bit. That or they're taking a cue from Pepsi's old playbook.

Theorymon

Please Microsoft, please announce that this "need to be online to do anything" bullshit is false, or else I'm not going to risk the possibility of buying SimCity: The Console...

Vire

Marketing department gotta market.

Probably just using different wording to distinguish themselves a bit. That or they're taking a cue from Pepsi's old playbook.

Or maybe they are billing it is a new generation because it isn't going to compete as a video game console and more of a media box.

That or they are rolling with the whole "New iPad" idea.

*shrug*

rrs

Hey GAF my first post! People are frustade and telling MS have left hardcore gamers behind last couple of years. But don't worry, MS will provied! what do you think MS studios have been up to last years? You have to rember MS is still selling 250k boxes every month, without "support" for harcore gamers. So they don't see any reasons to drive the exclusive games, 3 parties does it for them. No the eye of Sauron have been foucesd for the next box and to please the gamers, we are the gamers that will kick off the next gen, so they will please us. So relax, the games will come. And for that ps4 will be so friendly for the programmers, yes if you look to the hardware presentation, but MS has the driver seat in software interaction with hardware. so if hardware specs looking strange? It will add up with the hardware. How can any one doubt that. So get ready for great times. And that PS 4 get positive reactions from programmers, that is also good for us, we will get more great games next gen!

These commas are killing me

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
In a good or bad way?

Well we have juniors that won't be around for very long like this -

Are you gay? Sorry..AM not.

For you sissy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj3VphK9AMk

And whatever the hell this is -

So you decide hahaha

mcnarnia

Neo Member
We cut cable years ago and do most of our streaming through our Xbox/Roku so I'd be really hype if they announced new ways for me to watch content (...without paying for cable).

Super pipe dream is someday I could pay for cable channels a la carte through xbox. I know this will never happen. It is my biggest dream though. I dream big obviously.

I'm hoping they cover a lot of bases with this reveal and don't go too in-depth since E3 is so soon after. Show new games, touch on what's inside, confirm blu ray, confirm backwards compatibility. Show the logo for MLSLive on the dashboard. If they show the box I'll be super hype.

Persona86

Banned
These commas are killing me

Here ya go,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Enjoy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom