• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking News: Next Xbox Reveal Set For May 21, 10:00 A.M. PST, Livestreamed

Status
Not open for further replies.
""On that day, we'll share our vision for Xbox, and give you a real taste of the future. Then, 19-days later at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles, we'll continue the conversation and showcase our full lineup of blockbuster games.""

Is this a shot at Sony or Nintendo or both?

derFeef

Going to be so fun.

65447443.gif

Meelow

Banned
Definitely not everyone and I pretty much stated once it was revealed the writing was on the wall.

Well not everyone, not everyone was excited for the PS4 event and right now the Xbox event as well, but I'm trying to say the Wii U (Project Cafe) was hyped the same as the PS4/720 (if that makes sense).

Is this a shot at Sony or Nintendo or both?

Probably both, since both of them attacked Microsoft at the full indie event.

...Or it could just be PR like the other guys said.

Cramoss

They were excited for Project Cafe, a powerful next gen system with Nintendo hiring Online development for a much better online infrustructure and StarFox.

Then we got Wii U

Exactly, but I still have faith in it. Nintendo proved me wrong with the 3DS so I'll give 'em a chance.

Chemo

Hah, man, what terrible timing for announcement. There are so many cool things happening that week that people have been waiting for (Daft Punk, Arrested Development, The Venture Bros). A boring week would have been a much better choice for a reveal because then they'd get all the attention.

Hey GAF my first post! People are frustade and telling MS have left hardcore gamers behind last couple of years. But don't worry, MS will provied! what do you think MS studios have been up to last years? You have to rember MS is still selling 250k boxes every month, without "support" for harcore gamers. So they don't see any reasons to drive the exclusive games, 3 parties does it for them. No the eye of Sharon have been foucesd for the next box and to please the gamers, we are the gamers that will kick off the next gen. So relax, the games will come. And for that ps4 will be so friendly for the programmers, yes if you look to the hardware prestation, but MS has the driver seat in software interaction with hardware. so if hardware specs looking strange? It will add up with the hardware. How can any one doubt that. So get ready for great times. And that PS 4 get positive reactions from programmers, that is also good for us, we will get more great games next gen!

And you are....?

kaskade

Nice to see this happening finally. I just want to see some 3rd parties showing stuff and stop dancing around the topic. e3 is going to be awesome.

Man I can't help but get sooooo excited. I wish it was longer than a hour but if its a jam packed crazy awesome hour then it will be a great tease for E3.

derFeef

Hah, man, what terrible timing for announcement. There are so many cool things happening that week that people have been waiting for (Daft Punk, Arrested Development, The Venture Bros). A boring week would have been a much better choice for a reveal because then they'd get all the attention.

I don't know what the last thing is and the first two things don't interest me. People is not me :p

None of those things are competing with Xbox though.

Hey GAF my first post! People are frustade and telling MS have left hardcore gamers behind last couple of years. But don't worry, MS will provied! what do you think MS studios have been up to last years? You have to rember MS is still selling 250k boxes every month, without "support" for harcore gamers. So they don't see any reasons to drive the exclusive games, 3 parties does it for them. No the eye of Sauron have been foucesd for the next box and to please the gamers, we are the gamers that will kick off the next gen, so they will please us. So relax, the games will come. And for that ps4 will be so friendly for the programmers, yes if you look to the hardware presentation, but MS has the driver seat in software interaction with hardware. so if hardware specs looking strange? It will add up with the hardware. How can any one doubt that. So get ready for great times. And that PS 4 get positive reactions from programmers, that is also good for us, we will get more great games next gen!

don't believe his gies

Tesseract

Banned
ms gonna finish sony once and for all. expect gates cameos, ballmer man stances, allard swags, more. dark souls 2 demo kinect lead pipelines, pso2 720 us xclusives, halo mmorpgs.

Hey GAF my first post! People are frustade and telling MS have left hardcore gamers behind last couple of years. But don't worry, MS will provied! what do you think MS studios have been up to last years? You have to rember MS is still selling 250k boxes every month, without "support" for harcore gamers. So they don't see any reasons to drive the exclusive games, 3 parties does it for them. No the eye of Sauron have been foucesd for the next box and to please the gamers, we are the gamers that will kick off the next gen, so they will please us. So relax, the games will come. And for that ps4 will be so friendly for the programmers, yes if you look to the hardware presentation, but MS has the driver seat in software interaction with hardware. so if hardware specs looking strange? It will add up with the hardware. How can any one doubt that. So get ready for great times. And that PS 4 get positive reactions from programmers, that is also good for us, we will get more great games next gen!

suspiciousHermione.gif

Chaplain

Competition is good for us as consumers. So, hopefully Xbox brings all of their heavy hitters (software and hardware), and pushes Sony to step it up on their end.

Spy

Am I on GameFAQs?

farisr

Hoping for a good reveal/E3 by MS.

Just based off the last few years for MS, some of their rumors that seem likely (not talking about always-online, but rather less focus on games more on entertainment), next-gen console wise I'll probably be a PS4-only gamer for at least a year or two. Still want MS and Nintendo to do great. Competition just increases the quality of games we get, whether you're a multi-console owner or a single console owner.

It's only an hour long?

Yup. Commercial Free Hour long presser according to Keighley. This should be a packed press conference, but I don't think it will be as game heavy. This is the introduction to the mainstream audience, so they will lay on heavy the Kinect/TV/Apps stuff. E3 will be much more games focused based on Major Nelson's post.

Come on man.

Duffyside

Banned
Damn, 10:00 AM on a Tuesday is one of the only times of the week when I can't work around my schedule easily. Hm, wonder if I can pull some strings, ask for some help, go out of my way to watch this...

It's only an hour long?

... Is it? Well then... nevermind!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Yup. Commercial Free Hour long presser according to Keighley. This should be a packed press conference, but I don't think it will be as game heavy. This is the introduction to the mainstream audience, so they will lay on heavy the Kinect/TV/Apps stuff. E3 will be much more games focused based on Major Nelson's post.

Well, that's good... can try and plan my lunch that day, which is an hour anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom